Who do we want for Head Coach

Who do we want for HC

• Total voters
Realistic for 2021: Steele, Chadwell, Napier or Marrone

2022: Freeze, Kiffin, Herman, Chadwell, Napier

The wildcard is Matt Campbell. He’s a guy that believes in his process. I think it would take a 7 year contract with 49 million dollars all guaranteed, but he would know that you’re committed to letting him build things his way.

Reactions: EastOrange#GBI
Sorry everyone. I left off Tom Herman by mistake.
Herman had a good background as OC at Ohio State, and then a great record at Houston before his Texas gig, where
he had a better record than Pruitt - not endorsing Herman but had the same thought recently that he is on the market

Reactions: onevol74
Marrone has accepted the O-line position at Bama as of YESTERDAY. No one has corrected him yet...

The wildcard is Matt Campbell. He’s a guy that believes in his process. I think it would take a 7 year contract with 49 million dollars all guaranteed, but he would know that you’re committed to letting him build things his way.
Matt Campbell has been very particular in his next job. He wouldn't take this job for 7 years and $70M.

Marrone just took the OL job at Alabama. If he was seriously in consideration for the job here, I doubt he would have accepted that position.

Reactions: LittleVol
Hiring an up and comer from a lower level? Don't know how that would ever work here.

Basketball comparisons can be made, but they aren't necessarily useful.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
This is easy, think it fits for all of us.

1611243848903.gif

And if I could bring her back I’d take her as head coach:

Bet she wasn’t playing patty cake patty cake in the locker room and handing out “hamburgler bags”.
1611243950784.gif

Why can’t we just go and try to get UAB’s AD Mark Ingram and see if he can’t pull HC Bill Clark. Clark’s teams always finish 3rd or better in their conference and he is 51-26 as head coach. He even went 8-5 after UAB shutdown their program for two years and had to basically rebuild from the ground up. He coached at a rival high school of the one I went to and no one wanted to play them. By the way he was 106-11 as a high school coach and still holds the best winning percentage (minimum 100wins) in Alabama high school football at 91%

Reactions: ptcarter and Teeman

VN Store

Back