Who could we hire if we were looking for coach now?

I honestly don’t think any coaches, available or not, could have done better than Heupel this year and that includes Saban . - he hasn’t had to really coach in years.

Why is everyone roasting OP? He’s just asking a “food for thought” question. Some of y’all just like to jump all over people to try and be “witty”… just answer the question or move on.

OP… in my opinion, if we were in that position we’d be taking a hard look at Billy Napier. Maybe Chadwell too, but I get the feeling Chadwell is going to take a position at a lower level P5 team like Franklin did and give the big boys fits.

I don’t think we would look at Mullen like we did last time.

Half the goons on this board are losing their mind because both Gruden and Mullen are now available. The other half will lose it when Kiffin and Freeze make moves in a week or so.😂
GBO!!

Who sits around and thinks of these stupid threads? How about we focus on keeping Heupel!

Last edited:
The problem here is that when you’re stupid, you don‘t know that you are.

I suspect the OP, like many of us, is suffering initiating effects of our air, water, and soil pollution. The first symptoms are demised cognitive ability and verbal drunken stumbling. Then there's looking for reasons to imagine misery where and when you have no motivation or desire to experience it. We need to take better care of our environment before such effects are irreversible.

Naw, I don't know a thing about music. Just wanted to see if I could make the symbols. And trying to save face for the OP. Love helping my fellow Vols fans.

piano-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

♩ ♪ Our water ain't what it used to be; ♫ ♫
♯ ♪ I've told you before already. ♮ ♫
♬ You may not think what I say is nice, ♭ ♭
♩ But yes, oh yes, a shrimp fried the rice. ♩ ♩
♯ The air you breathe is barely breathable.ø ø
≭ The life you now live, is nearly unlivable. ° ° ♪
♪ If the water you drink smells bad, bubbles, and hiss, ♪ ♪
♫ It's likely due to being a mixture of chemicals and piss.♬ ♬
♭ But you keep eating, breathing, drinking, and living just the same;♬ ♬
♪ Even while amoebae eats your brain. Your brain, your brain, your brain.🎶 🎶 🎶 🎶

Reactions: dustyrhodes
I just wonder who we could have hired if we had an opening this year instead of last year. More difficult market? Would our current coach be available considering ncaa issues? There sure are a lot of good to great jobs available. God, the thought that Fulmer might still be making the hire. What a nightmare.
Last year was actually a great year to hire a coach. We were in terrible spot, much of which has been self created over the last 10-15 years, but there is no way we'd be a more attractive job than LSU, FL, USC, etc.

I just wonder who we could have hired if we had an opening this year instead of last year. More difficult market? Would our current coach be available considering ncaa issues? There sure are a lot of good to great jobs available. God, the thought that Fulmer might still be making the hire. What a nightmare.
Why?

Reactions: SalVolinus
The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!

Last edited:
This time last year, when it was apparent we had ANOTHER season of Pruitt led apathy, my despondent answer wouldn’t have been realistic enough. I truly believe this job would have been beyond toxic.

The ironic thing about all this is that the NCAA investigation forcing the changes may have been the best thing that could have happened to the program.

I believe Fulmer would have kept giving Pruitt more rope before admitting he made a bad hire and moving on.

VN Store

Back