Who can beat us?

BACKDOC

...........especially on the road. Don't discuss Auburn we know they're going to be pretty good.

I think we ought to be favored in the rest of our games during the regular season. Though Kentucky could turn their season around against UNC and Louisville these next couple of days, and if that happens we might be slight dogs on the road. Nationally, maybe Michigan? I feel good about a deep run in March

During today's game they were blowing smoke at MSU and LSU. Are they really that good?

During today's game they were blowing smoke at MSU and LSU. Are they really that good?

LSU has freshmen talent and Waters. They are probably a top 6 league team. Not sure their coaching is good.

MSU may finally put it together this year. Only loss is to Arizona State, but they haven’t beaten any really good teams. Good talent.

Rat poison. Let’s not get too big of a head.

But I was thinking earlier, that final four South Carolina team a few years ago, I know they had thornwell, but were they any better than our current team? That is would that team beat our team this year? I think not, but I also know that final four run was something else. I just hope we get hot at the right time. We will have a cold spell or two this season, all great teams do.

This doesn't look like a strong year in the SEC at all... South Carolina, in particular, is atrocious. Anything less than 14-4 in the SEC should be a disappointment, imo.

Reactions: livefaith
I think we are the best in the SEC, but Auburn, Kentucky can beat us on an off night. For some reason Bama and Ark always give us trouble. I can see us dropping a couple especially since this is a grind now. However, I don't see them dropping much. They played pretty consistent with good competition this first 12 games. One or two plays away from being the number 1 team in the country.

...........especially on the road. Don't discuss Auburn we know they're going to be pretty good.
Anyone can beat us. We can't get that excited about nobody gonna beat us. Got to keep Admiral and Grant on the floor. You get certain refs that think people come to see them. (i.e. Memphis game) then you got problems. Let's just do the Rick Barnes thing and take it one game at a time.

LSU has freshmen talent and Waters. They are probably a top 6 league team. Not sure their coaching is good.

MSU may finally put it together this year. Only loss is to Arizona State, but they haven’t beaten any really good teams. Good talent.

LSU's head coach has never played high school or college basketball. He definitely impressed someone to get that job.

No one (even without Turner's return). We can only beat ourselves.
I would like to agree, however, I don't think we can cut down the nets without Turner. Bone is going to need some rest or I am worried he gets worn down by the end of the season. Even more concerning is we are a Bone injury away from being a slightly above average team. This is definitely a special team but hard to make a deep run without a backup pg.

Reactions: amorange
LSU's head coach has never played high school or college basketball. He definitely impressed someone to get that job.

He has done well everywhere he has been. Looks like he is going to do pretty good at LSU.

Auburn, LSU, Alabama, MSST, Kentucky and any of the other teams that improve by SEC tourney time. Don't get too high else your going to have to face some realism as these teams get up every game and give their best to out Tennessee. Take that to the bank. Tennessee has some weaknesses that will be exposed and your going to see them. How you handle the reality will be up to you.

There are at least 4 players on this team that has to keep stepping up and improving their offense in order for us to survive and thats Alexander, Bone, Bowden, and Pons. Rupp will explode when the Vols walk in. In venues in the aforementioned it will take a team with mental toughness and ice in their veins.

Take my word for it. Some teams are going to make a lot of progress. Tennessee better do the same. Mark this post down if you want to so you can bump it a little later on.

Auburn, LSU, Alabama, MSST, Kentucky and any of the other teams that improve by SEC tourney time. Don't get too high else your going to have to face some realism as these teams get up every game and give their best to out Tennessee. Take that to the bank. Tennessee has some weaknesses that will be exposed and your going to see them. How you handle the reality will be up to you.

There are at least 4 players on this team that has to keep stepping up and improving their offense in order for us to survive and thats Alexander, Bone, Bowden, and Pons. Rupp will explode when the Vols walk in. In venues in the aforementioned it will take a team with mental toughness and ice in their veins.

Take my word for it. Some teams are going to make a lot of progress. Tennessee better do the same. Mark this post down if you want to so you can bump it a little later on.
This is true. For example, on paper we are really much better than Florida... but I have no doubt that on Saturday night January 12th, their crowd will be rocking, they will get some calls, we probably won't shoot very well from the perimeter and we will find ourselves in a dogfight to the end that we could easily lose.

Reactions: awaitingawin
This is true. For example, on paper we are really much better than Florida... but I have no doubt that on Saturday night January 12th, their crowd will be rocking, they will get some calls, we probably won't shoot very well from the perimeter and we will find ourselves in a dogfight to the end that we could easily lose.
The real problems will appear when Admiral, Alexander and Williams get in early foul trouble or late with the game on the line. That is why it is most important to get good bench play. I think some teams will put some bangers in there to try to get the fouls on William and Alexander. I know that is what I would do.

VN Store

Back