Who Are The Teams You Love To Hate? Which Teams Do You Have A Soft Spot For?

Hate
BAMA
UF
VANDY- soft spot - my old father in law pulled for them hard (from Waverly, TN)and I liked it when they beat other SEC schools on a Saturday not called UT

KENTUCKY
UGA
NOTRE DAME
MICHIGAN
OHIO STATE
AUBURN
TEXAS
OLE MISS
TEXAS A&M
CLEMSON
LSU
FSU
MIAMI

soft spot
AUSTIN PEAY

Reactions: YankeeVol and MAD
I hate the gators first because their the gators and in the east
I hate Baja second but not as much as the gators
I have a soft spot for auburn because my wife used to as an sit on her daddy’s lap aand route for auburn and she was employed there AA in civil engineering.

Reactions: MAD
Hate- Ohio State, Notre Dame, Southern California, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia
Like- Tennessee, Louisiana State and Oklahoma State.

Hate all the usual suspects Bama, UGA, FL, Ohio State
Soft Spot: LSU….Cajuns are Just bayou Hillbillies and are looked down upon by the rest of the country just like us. And good golly but they can COOK!
Also soft spot for the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles due to their genius coaching staff 😂😂😂

Always hated Oklahoma and Nebraska. Always thought their success was built on years of playing crap.

And Oklahoma has been, IMO, the biggest cheater college football has ever known.
Yep but they always seem to beat you guys badly in bowl games...Funny how that works huh?

Hate:

Bama - Can’t be a Vol and not hate them.
Georgia - Live in enemy territory.
Florida - Steve Spurrier’s arrogance.
Ohio State - Can’t articulate it, just hate them.

Soft Spot:

South Carolina - The red-headed step child of teams in my neck of the woods.

1) Who are the teams you love to hate?
2) Which teams do you have a soft spot for?
————————————————————
Give reasons for your answers.

Hate
1 Florida anything
2 Manchester United
3 Yankees
4 Mets /Phillies Nationals
5 Ohio State / Mich/ Notre Dame
6 Duke Basketball
7 Real Madrid

Love Vols/ Braves/ Barcelona/ Liverpool/ Tony Stewart….. yes I know he’s retired.

Hate Fla, Bama, UGA, UK, Vandy, USC JR, Mizz, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Loser Suck University, Miss St, aTm, Auburn, OSU, Michigan, Steve Spurier, Urban Meyer, Mike Hamilton, Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, the Harbaughs, Gundy, Muschump, Franklin, Fla, Bama, and UGA.

Soft Spot Bruce Pearl
After tonight add Pearl to the hate list.

I got a soft spot for Auburn and the Mississippi schools.

I worked with an Auburn fan for several years while we were surrounded by Alabama and Florida fans. We commiserated and backed each other in office arguments.

The Mississippi schools just seem constantly in flux. The state doesn’t have a lot going on. Figure they deserve a somewhat successful football team or two.

Auburn basketball, Vandy and Kenutcky.

Auburn football, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Clemson, Oklahoma, OSU.

6E58AEAB-D4D9-40E7-A195-02955DB9D8D4.gif

I really dislike the fans of Georgia. They are the worst. They could win 7 NCs in a row, and still not be considered a football blue blood. they are sorta like clemson, it won’t last too long.
Speaking of which, I hate clemson fans too.
It’s schools like this that aren’t true football royalty that act like they are.

Love the Braves.
Love the Vols.
Love LSU Tigers.

Personally I grew up in the 90s so I hated Florida by default, but because I'm a Tennessee fan, Alabama still surpasses my hate for Florida by just a smidge. Georgia fans are annoying, but they havn't won enough games of significance for me to put them close to my hate for Bama and Florida. As far as OOC teams, I dislike ND, and OSU the most I'd say.

My soft spot would have to be for Oregon ever since we played them and then when the Florida player made the stupid comment about "have you ever seen a duck pull a truck", and Oregon posted the video of their mascot pulling a truck and we won, I've kinda liked them a bit. I was also a big fan of Chris Petersen, so I pulled for his teams when he coached Boise, and Washington, not so much anymore since he's retired. I honestly think he knew how to coach better than even Saban, he just wasn't at places with the resources that Bama has to pull in enough big time recruits. I always hoped Tennessee would go after him in our previous coaching searches.

1a Florida
1b Alabama
3 Georgia
4 Notre Dame
5 Ohio St.

Your last 2 make no sense. We're batting 1.000 v Ohio State (and Michigan) and are .500 v Notre Dame.
In fact, the only legitimate one is Florida. They've beaten us too many times when we had the better team.

Your last 2 make no sense. We're batting 1.000 v Ohio State (and Michigan) and are .500 v Notre Dame.
In fact, the only legitimate one is Florida. They've beaten us too many times when we had the better team.
With all due respect I don't think a team has to beat Tennessee for someone to dislike them. I dislike the same two teams. ND because they are independent, are the media darling, and stole a Heisman from potentially Majors when Hornung didn't deserve it. Then OSU for me is because, well personally family members that are from Ohio and don't like to remember that Tennessee beat them, and they think OSU has always been so much better than Tennessee.

With all due respect I don't think a team has to beat Tennessee for someone to dislike them. I dislike the same two teams. ND because they are independent, are the media darling, and stole a Heisman from potentially Majors when Hornung didn't deserve it. Then OSU for me is because, well personally family members that are from Ohio and don't like to remember that Tennessee beat them, and they think OSU has always been so much better than Tennessee.

In head-to-head v OSU and with Heisman Trophy winner RB (George), Vols w sophomore QB (PM) stood tall. Just remind them of that and the discussion is over.

When Michigan fans (who hate Manning) brag to me, I just quote Mel Kiper Jr.'s analysis of the 1/1/2002 Citrus Bowl: "It was over when Casey Clausen took the first snap." The worst beating Michigan had ever taken in a bowl 45-17.

Our history with Alabama and Georgia is 95% of the time dictated by talent level/depth. We've had good runs v both when we had the better players. Can't hate them for that.

In head-to-head v OSU and with Heisman Trophy winner RB (George), Vols w sophomore QB (PM) stood tall. Just remind them of that and the discussion is over.

When Michigan fans (who hate Manning) brag to me, I just quote Mel Kiper Jr.'s analysis of the 1/1/2002 Citrus Bowl: "It was over when Casey Clausen took the first snap." The worst beating Michigan had ever taken in a bowl 45-17.

Our history with Alabama and Georgia is 95% of the time dictated by talent level/depth. We've had good runs v both when we had the better players. Can't hate them for that.
Oh trust me, I remind them every time I get the chance lol they just like to overlook that fact....its why I continue to have disdain for OSU haha

Always hated Oklahoma and Nebraska. Always thought their success was built on years of playing crap.

And Oklahoma has been, IMO, the biggest cheater college football has ever known.

It seems like you have some personal issues with Oklahoma. Biggest cheaters ever? Don’t think so. Did they have some issues with the culture or the program in the 80s? Of course. So did other programs.

You have the 2008 national title over OU. But let’s not ignore the fact that sCUMbag knowingly had a thug murderer on the team. He never disciplined. CUM and his antics were largely ignored because Jesus was your QB.

You want to share why your 1984-1985 teams, perhaps among the best in the history of the Gator program, had no postseason experience and a VACATED SEC title?

VN Store

Back