Who Are The Teams You Love To Hate? Which Teams Do You Have A Soft Spot For?

College hate

The entire SEC especially Florida and Bama. During quarantine I spent a lot of time watching old Vol games and learning our history and I have come away hating Bama more than any other team in existence. Used to hate Florida more. Now i know Bama is who should get the most of my ire.

Ohio State
Penn State
USC
Now I hate Purdue

NFL hate
The AFC south except for the Titans of course. I reallllyyyy hate the Steelers. I might hate the Colts the most.

College other than the Vols
Rhode Island
Virginia

NFL
Kinda the Browns I guess?

Reactions: MAD
1) Who are the teams you love to hate?
2) Which teams do you have a soft spot for?
————————————————————
Give reasons for your answers.
LTH? Ohio State

SSF? Southern Cal, Miami, Minnesota

…although I’m not sure if I hate Florida as a team as much as I hate the fact that we ALWAYS play our worst game against them, even when they are not a good team. I hate that we have this mental block against Florida and I hate that our coaches have never figured out how to close out a game dating all the way back to Fulmer.

…and I’m not finished with the hate. I’d like to add Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and the big 10 in general with all of those nasally sounding fans that think they are elite but they really aren’t. Also USC, Oklahoma, Clemson. Of course Bama and Florida. I can’t bring myself to hate Georgia because I know JoeVol is a big fan and he’s a good guy.

Always hated Oklahoma and Nebraska. Always thought their success was built on years of playing crap.

And Oklahoma has been, IMO, the biggest cheater college football has ever known.

Ever known?

Bigger than USC under Carroll?

In terms of NFL hate, right back at you Steeler guy. As a Ravens fan, I will gladly return the favor. Also don’t like Dallas, Washington, NE or TB when Brady played for them. Since I live in Phoenix I have a soft spot for the Cardinals and ASU. How can I not have a soft spot for the lions. I pull for all of the underdogs in t th he NFL and college.

Hate - Alabama, Kentucky basketball, the rest of the SEC.

Soft spot - whomever is playing Alabama, Kentucky in basketball OOC, the rest of the SEC when playing the two above.

Hate:

Pro:

Kansas City
Denver
Baltimore
Dallas
New England

College:

Notre Dame
Penn State
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

Soft spot

Pro:

Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Miami
Indianapolis

College:

UCLA
Kansas State
Iowa
Cincinnati
Nebraska
Stanford
Washington

Interesting that you have a soft spot for Kansas State. Me too for some odd reason, and I should’ve included them. I also am developing a soft spot for Oklahoma State. Stillwater is part of my territory for work, and the fans really love the school itself, not just the teams

Hate - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Murray St, UT-Martin football.

Soft Spot- Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee St, Michigan St, Montana, Wyoming, SMU, UTEP, UT-San Antonio, McNeese State, UT-Martin basketball only.
Have to add Kansas too.

Last edited:
Hate - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Murray St, UT-Martin football.

Soft Spot- Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee St, Michigan St, Montana, Wyoming, SMU, UTEP, UT-San Antonio, McNeese State, UT-Martin basketball only.
Is there a connection to some of the hate to the soft spot ones?
Like Murray St/Austin Peay?

Reactions: Orange Raid
Idk about a soft spot but I can say I have respect for what Saban has done at Bama. Can’t say that I don’t hate them but generally respect them as a program.

On the flip side I love this program and have almost zero respect for the administration we’ve endured over the past several decades. Some programs are committed to winning, ours just is not. Tennessee is interested in being good enough to keep the fans interested and that’s it. As long as the money continues to come in we’re fine with being a slightly above mediocre program.

Is there a connection to some of the hate to the soft spot ones?
Like Murray St/Austin Peay?
Yeah I have hated Murray state since I was a small kid. I was a ball boy for UTM football. Then I almost played at Austin Peay but went to Bethel College so I could play baseball and football. So I really hate Murray St!

1)Georgia-lipstick on a bulldog pig,fans think they are something other than red clay dorks.2)Penn St.-Paterno's take a child and show him how to.shower properly(a disgusting school)
Soft spot-The University of Tennessee.The hill was/is heavenly times.

VN Store

Back