Who are some of the best SEC players you ever saw?

Jmxvol

Champ Bailey
Pig Prather
Ike Hilliard
Fred Taylor
Rohan Davey
Boo Williams
Frank Sanders
Fred Smoot
not Jay Barker

Hershel Walker was the best college running back I've ever seen. The guy was a 235 lb sprinter!? :yikes:

It's no wonder UGA hardly ever lost while he was around.

Don't remind me of David Palmer. I still have nightmares about him going in at QB and converting a 2 pt conversion to tie us (1993?).

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 12, 2005 12:04 AM
Don't remind me of David Palmer.  I still have nightmares about him going in at QB and converting a 2 pt conversion to tie us (1993?).
[snapback]125785[/snapback]​

I thought about adding Don Smith but then I realized that run was the only big play he had during his career. :laugh1:

Originally posted by vol100@Aug 12, 2005 12:09 AM
I thought about adding Don Smith but then I realized that run was the only big play he had during his career. :laugh1:
[snapback]125788[/snapback]​

Play of HIS career? I think it may have been the greatest play in Mississippi State history. :disappointed:

Don Smith, David Palmer, Danny Wuerffel . . .man, you really know how to bring up some great moments. :D

TAKE IT BACK SOME BECAUSE THAT IS MORE DIFFICULT......

BO JACKSON, HERSHEL WALKER, TONY ROBINSON, WILLIE GAULT, CORNELIUS BENNETT, and don't forget

THE LATE GREAT REV. REGGIE WHITE. RIP!

Originally posted by JOHNNY VOL 2@Aug 12, 2005 12:19 AM
TAKE IT BACK SOME BECAUSE THAT IS MORE DIFFICULT......

BO JACKSON, HERSHEL WALKER, TONY ROBINSON, WILLIE GAULT, CORNELIUS BENNETT, and don't forget

THE LATE GREAT REV. REGGIE WHITE. RIP!
[snapback]125795[/snapback]​

utsorts.com- bottom right hand side under events

One guy that didn't get a lot of credit was Eric Zeier at UGA. Any man that can put up those kind of passing numbers playing for Ray Goff deserves a medal.

Herschel Walker- One of the most explosive and quickest players i have ever seen.
Tim Couch-Even though he played for Kentucky, he was a pretty darn good QB. He had the ability to turn bad plays into good ones.
Bo Jackson-Probably the 2nd best running back ever to grace the SEC besides Herel Walker
David Greene-As much as I hate to say it, David was a great QB. Not just anybody can beat Manning's all time-SEC win record.
Shaun Alexander-I know, he played for Bama. But he was won heck of a runningback.

Eli Manning
Danny wuerfuel
jevon kearse
Herschel Walker
Bo Jackson

Anybody know what ever became of mullet head Steve Taneyhill from SC?He gave us a few scares as I can remember.

I was flipping thru some old Columbia Sc news papers, Id collected up way back when.

They always had something about Mullet Taneyhead. Id also been curious to know what had ever become of him after NFL Europe.

All i could find was he found a very nice barber shop, and had got a job as a coach on an 8 man highschool team.

Hershel Walker
Bo Jackson
Champ Baily
Hines Ward
Peyton Manning (I can say him since im not a UT fan)
Reggie White (" ")
Danny Wuerfuel
Shane Matthews (Under Spurrier he was amazing)
Eric Zier
Cadillac Williams
Ronnie Brown
Shaun Alexander
David Green
Boss Bailey (how many kicks did he block?)
David Pollack

Too many more to list.

Randomly, one of the best players I ever saw in person was Robert Edwards of Georgia. He ran all over us every time he set foot on the field.

From my recollection the only way we could stop him (both years) was to injure him.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Aug 12, 2005 2:52 PM
The only year he actually played against us at rb was in 95.  ZIn 93 and 94, he was a db.
[snapback]125905[/snapback]​

You've got to love how Ray Goff coached down his running backs. Robert Edwards at DB, Terrell Davis on the bench . . . :blink:

Originally posted by orangetd88@Aug 12, 2005 1:52 PM
The only year he actually played against us at rb was in 95.  ZIn 93 and 94, he was a db.
[snapback]125905[/snapback]​

No, the years I was referring to were 1996-1997.

In '96, he ran for 104 yards and a TD.
In '97 he had a 131 yards and a TD.

I know he broke his foot in '96, and think he had to leave the '97 game with an injury as well.

Originally posted by vol100@Aug 12, 2005 12:23 AM
utsorts.com- bottom right hand side under events
[snapback]125797[/snapback]​

Here's Five Vols that need mentioning!

Johnny Majors
Paul Neumoff
Jack "Hack Saw" Reynolds
Steve Keiner
Steve DeLong

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 12, 2005 11:54 AM
You've got to love how Ray Goff coached down his running backs.  Robert Edwards at DB, Terrell Davis on the bench . . .  :blink:
[snapback]125907[/snapback]​

:blink: :blink: :eek:

Something like that would haunt me for the rest of my days.

VN Store

Back