Who’s our alpha

33 my favorite player on the team I promise nobody on the roster got more dog then him… he is in for a monster season the J Jennings of this team. Ced is the Alpha on offense will bully Dbs all season.

33 my favorite player on the team I promise nobody on the roster got more dog then him… he is in for a monster season the J Jennings of this team. Ced is the Alpha on offense will bully Dbs all season.
I love this! This was kind of what I was getting at when I started this. Who is the Alfa male of this team, the JJ of this team. I think Hooker is gonna have a good year, but I’m not sure that I would say that he’s the alpha of the offense. I’m honestly not sure who is the alpha of the offense. Someone said Spraggins and that intrigued me. I feel pretty confident in saying Banks is our alpha on defense and without being an insider with the team but a lover of the team that banks is also the alpha of the entire team. I think banks definitely has that dog in him!

Hopefully all of them
There can only be one alpha per situation/societal role. At least that's how chimps and gorillas/nature operates. No proof such things occur in more intelligent beings such as human nature/society that can rise above such silly operators...but alas we can play along...

Imo Heupel in the film room.

Hooker on the field.

Garner up everyone's asses 😂

If you've gotta ask at this point, you might not have a true alpha.
Really meaningless though.

We just need good leaders.

"Alphas" in nature often make the worst leaders. We need good, smart leaders. Not goons that puff their chests out and are able to out-bully others. You need the smartest leaders, not the strongest brutes.

I am certain in who I think our alpha male is! I was curious as to who everyone else thought. Who would you say? Or are you trolling?
To be honest, I don't see a Jennings/Wilson type on either side of the ball. Pretty clear the offense will be led by Hooker and Tillman. On defense, the picture is not as clear. Banks would be the popular choice, but I worry about his emotions/mind being more of a controlled rage than his kamikaze approach. So I see a few potential "leaders" but I don't see the so-called alpha as our history has defined him.

Really meaningless though.

We just need good leaders.

"Alphas" in nature often make the worst leaders. We need good, smart leaders. Not goons that puff their chests out and are able to out-bully others. You need the smartest leaders, not the strongest brutes.
A lot of truth in your statement, but when you get that rare/special breed like an Al Wilson who not only leads but stamps his entire persona on the team, that's what I assumed the OP was referring to. We've had several of those throughout our history. Special individuals indeed. Don't see that breed on our team just yet. One may emerge or may be on the way. Right now I'd settle for the "leaders" you describe to stay upright and in our lineup. We're better than last year in terms of depth, but to my mind, last season was the exception not the rule when it comes to UT and injuries. We just need another couple of solid, if not spectacular, recruiting classes to get us back to SEC caliber rosters. Might not take that long if we can actually use the NIL and portal better.

'Nuff said (at least for the last 15 years).
proxy-image

I understood the point of the thread topic. I agree the immediate thought was alpha male or Dog type attitude and edge. First name that came to mind was Jeremy Banks.

I agree several great leaders on this team, but who’s that guy you want to have your back in a street fight type saying.

Offense:
Spraggs (maybe, seems to have a nastiness to his game)
Hyatt- I know he’s not the biggest guy or most physical but the way he is carrying himself this year very confident, edgy I could see him getting chippy.

Defense:
JB33 (obviously),
TB-9, I feel like I’ve seen Tyler baron play with an edge and chipiness

Kinda tough to think of anyone obvious besides JB.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I’m curious as to who everyone thinks this teams alpha is. If I had to guess I would say Jeremy Banks.
After reading several statements by different players saying they don't want Banks to turn it down, I'd say Banks for sure. Seems like he sets the tone for the team. They all feed off his energy.

VN Store

Back