while this game is exciting what does a loss do for the program moving forward?

govols105

This game should be a classic and I think we can win but what if we don't? Does it further damage us fans and does program apathy set in deeper?

This game should be a classic and I think we can win but what if we don't? Does it further damage us fans and does program apathy set in deeper?

A loss would hurt the momentum we have going into the 4 game stretch. Bama, Bye, UK & UGA. If we come through with a win and no major injuries. I see this team pressing forward to an 8 win season. A loss would mean probable 6&6 which is what I predicted pre-season.

Only hurts if we get Missouri’d and fold like a house of cards.

Stay in the game for 60 keep fighting and it’s all BONUS win lose or draw. Just keep competitive and don’t get rolled.

That’s the awesome thing about this year. Low expectations = no failure.

We’re going to lose games no doubt but BVS is dead. Let the Negavols cling to the shreds of that while the rest of us enjoy the ride

I don't care how much Big Orange Kool-aid has been swirling around this board over the last 2+ weeks, they've not yet rebuilt the program in the last two games.

It took more than 15 years to create the mess we've endured, so a few good wins isn't going to bring about a magic fix---meaning, I wouldn't read too much into a loss (if they do lose this upcoming Saturday).

The Vols have just started the climb. Let's focus on "all four quarters" of this latest attempt at a rebuild and not just "one series."

A loss does nothing to hurt the team, the fan base on the other hand will be a mess cause we’re full of people that still think we are the Vols of the 90s. The only apathy would be from those same idiots.
It’s year 1 and we aren’t sweating out what should be easy wins, the tougher games will come with better talent and this staff getting their players into the program. This staff has done amazing with a roster they had almost no say in, just wait til they get their players in place.

A loss doesn’t move the needle for me in either direction….unless it’s something stupid like a 42 - 7 loss. I think most people had this chalked up had a loss, maybe a toss up, before the season started, the fact we’re here at all shows good signs.

I think what’s more important is how we look these next 4 games. If we can take one or even two wins, we’re staring down the barrel at a 7 or 8 win season, which is more than most of us expected I reckon.

We just need to keep playing like we have been. Stay competitive in all the games. Keep showing the fight and grit we have so far. And keep showing improvement like we have. We are going to win and lose but there are a boatload of reasons to be optimistic. We have finally gotten a coach and a staff that knows how to get the best out of the players they have. We are going to get better players going forward and we will continue to improve as a team. Our bright future appears to be on our doorstep. Finally… after 20 years of incompetence.

Be exactly where we thought we might be. What are we even talking about 6 games into CJH first season down about 30 scholarships, inheriting the worst coached team in history.

Some of you all have to stop thinking every time we win that we will never lose again. And if we lose, the sky is not falling, we do not need to change qbs , we do not need to fire the coach and or AD, we do not need to wallow in sorrow.

Last edited:
At the beginning of the year, most were counting this as a loss. We will be ok either way. It will hurt, but it's getting us back out in front of the cameras and on the National spot light.

I still think we win this one as well as KY/

Reactions: Vol524
Not for those of us living in reality. Some of the others who say UT is back after a couple of good games may not be safe to drive or handle firearms.

It brings out the negavols.

I don't necessarily agree that it brings out the negvols......But more like realisticvols. While I do like to see what we had in the first half against SC, the second half was pathetic and will kill us if we play like that during this stretch we have. IF they put together better effort and a better game and still lose......I can accept that.......Because I know we will be better next year. I don't expect 7-5 or 8-4 this year but I do next year (or better).

Reactions: GoVols15 and Raebo
Raebo says it perfect. If you would stop trying to find an angle to downplay the fact that we are rebuilding with a program that is obviously heading in the right direction then maybe a little more support of the guys would go a long way. Its a game at a time right now but I can say its a hell of alot more fun right nowthan it has been. There is so much potential. IMO there is only a couple of upcoming games that I think we are outclassed when it comes to players but I will take this group anytime. I see a lot of talent and potential and most of all I see a group of athletes with pride and determination. How about stop beating them down.

As long as we don't get blown off the field. Nothing in my opinion. Going In to the season this is one of those games that was pretty much already marked down as a likely L, not impossible, but not probable.

It now looks like a getable W. I still wouldn't bet on it, but I do expect us to play well and come out swinging. This team right now, has something that many teams for the last 15 years have not had. And that's confidence. The last 2 games has given us that.

It really is a "show me game" We've played 2 of the weaker SEC opponents. We're about to play one that has a top notch offense. We should be able to continue to score points on their D. Can we come up with some stops on defense? It's really gonna be the difference in the game. Crowd will be electric I have no doubt. I was there for Pitt and there was maybe 80k fans there. Probably less, and it was loud the whole game. There will be more Saturday and it will be louder but we have to score to keep the crowd in it.

It dampers some folks, but ultimately, we are supposed to lose this game. The fact that winning is even something we can discuss right now is a testament to this team and staffs work.

This game is like playing with "House Money" we really cannot lose. If we lose a close hard fought game then people will say "Wow, the Vols are improving" if we win everyone says "Wow, the Vols are improving" if we get blown out everyone will say "Wow, the Vols are improving"
I just hope the mattress companies keep their warehouses locked and patrolled if we lose this game.

I am not a snowflake, a loss isn't going to damage my psyche or change how I feel about our program and players. I AM A VOL!

Win or lose the Legion will march on, it's what they do. W or L Saturday, come Monday I will get up, go buy a cigar because it will be Bama week.

Reactions: peerless98

VN Store

Back