Which remaining game do you most want to win?

Just beat Vandy.

Scratch that, I just watched the original Rocky. We gonna win all 3. If the no name Italian stallion can take Creed the distance and almost pull out the upset, then UT can beat all 3 of those bums. GBO

When it comes to Vanderbilt, for you youngsters, never forget the immortal Vol legend George Cafego.

http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/CFHSN/CFHSNv21/CFHSNv21n3a.pdf
An excerpt:

Manning: Y ou have a reputation for disliking Vanderbilt's football teams. Is it so and is it as serious a feeling as you've been quoted as saying?

Cafego: ...With Vanderbilt players, something happened when some of our players worked on the TVA projects. Neyland would get UT players jobs on the river, and Vanderbilt players were also working on the same projects. University officials allowed that kind of work during the summers, to help kids make money. Bowden Wyatt [then a Vol end] worked there with other Vols. I don't remember who all. They got into a fight with Vanderbilt [players]. They just didn't like each other. Then later, I saw Vanderbilt teams come to play at UT, while I was coaching at UT, and the captains met at the center of the field at the UT logo. One of Vanderbilt's captains, in disrespect, spit several times on the UT Logo and rubbed it in with his shoe. That made me so angry. And, as a result, I wanted to "whip" our team for not busting the spitter in the nose, then and there. God, I couldn't stand that. This only made me dislike Vandy more. Then another time Vandy came to play at UT, one of their players ran through the" T" while our team was running through the "T," to mock our tradition. At the same game, a Vanderbilt player carelessly ran into a UT cheerleader shouting through a megaphone and injured her. It was these and other incidents that added to my dislike for the Vanderbilt players.

Kentucky for me. Born and raised there.

Kentucky. Would be good for the maturity of our football team from a physicality and confidence standpoint.

Beating Vanderbilt wouldn’t generate any buzz on the recruiting trail especially if we’re already eliminated from bowl contention.

Nobody cares about Missouri.

Vandy
Reason: Of the 4, another loss to Vandy would keep TN out of balance, in fact the entire state may light up "TILT". We're not finished.

Candy has the better record in our series over the last several games. That cannot continue. We have to win the next several.

VAHN-der-built.
Restore the natural order of things in Tennessee before the Cumberland river starts flowing North and they hold Hip-Hop shows in the Ryman.

Vandy.......If we lose the first 2 its going to be hard for the players to get up for Vandy in Nashville. So I say VANDERBILT

Hard choice. The KY game has an element of a big game because of what thwy have done this year. The UT-VU game is on the level of midget wrestling. Beat a ranked KY team, knocking them out of the polls, and getting at least a few days of being talked about as a team that is getting better. Or beat VU to sort of end the year on a high note even though nobody in the media will give us any kudos for beating them. What would help more for recruiting?

Hard choice. The KY game has an element of a big game because of what thwy have done this year. The UT-VU game is on the level of midget wrestling. Beat a ranked KY team, knocking them out of the polls, and getting at least a few days of being talked about as a team that is getting better. Or beat VU to sort of end the year on a high note even though nobody in the media will give us any kudos for beating them. What would help more for recruiting?
If forced to choose, I'd rather beat Vandy, because if we beat Kentucky and then promptly lose to Dooley and Vandy, that Kentucky win wouldn't be worth much. The relative media laurels given to a 5-7 team depending on who we beat are going to be pretty insignificant. I'd rather restore order in the State of Tennessee and end the season on a high note. Again, this is if forced to choose. Like everyone else I'd prefer to win them all.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back