• JG, He practices really well

Votes: 33 11.5%
  • Shrout, can't be worse than JG

Votes: 181 63.1%
  • Jauan Jennings, cause why not at this point

Votes: 73 25.4%

• Total voters

BigOrangeHick

Tony Bassilo says insiders pointing to JG. Pretty sure Maurer out for awhile. They say Shrout can’t give us a chance. I’d rather lose with Shrout and wildcat or wishbone.

I think they play JG though. Reason Pruitt protected after game. Anybody think different?? This would be a huge win for program to beat the chickens

You know what you got in JG. Whats the harm in trying Shrout?
But since the run game is gelling and SC isnt exactly scoring left and right, maybe Pruitt goes in with JG for the conservative approach... but I would still start Shrout and go conservative.

If it ain't one thing it's another around this madhouse. Are we playing QB whack-a-mo? Let's go with JT.

Jennings is so unpredictable that neither, he, the Vols, nor USCe would know what he'd do from play by play. This makes me think about something Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin is reputed to have once stated. "We don't want a war with the USA. War is chaos and Americans are chaotic; which why they're so good at it. This is how I view Jennings playing QB, wildcat or whatever role he's in charge of the ball. At the least, he'd be entertaining to watch, sort of like C. Patterson was.

Last edited:
Tony Bassilo says insiders pointing to JG. Pretty sure Maurer out for awhile. They say Shrout can’t give us a chance. I’d rather lose with Shrout and wildcat or wishbone.

I think they play JG though. Reason Pruitt protected after game. Anybody think different?? This would be a huge win for program to beat the chickens
I hope Tony B is wrong and there's nothing to it. I can't imagine a win with JG, but maybe...the entire team has improved enough that it could work out?

I cringe to think what the stadium will do if CJP rolls JG out there on the first possession. Especially if he doesn't name him the starter sometime this week. That could be ugly.

But if you really believe JT isn't ready at all he may not have any option. Either way you need to coach someone up.....JT or JG if BM isn't a go. Short of ruining JT's confidence etc., he is who I'd start. You're what 2-5? Playing freshmen in the secondary, LB, DL, OL and the backfield.......why not continue that at QB? Especially when your experienced QB has proven to you he can actually manage to lose games. What's the point?

Our chances of beating SC went way down when Maurer hit his head. Still be a tight ballgame. i see another loss to Musclecramp coming. I really don't like that guy..

Any chance we hear anything about Maurer from today’s press conference?

JJ for qb,cause he can run and throw and he is a LEADER!

leader1

I say put JJ in at qb! The leader of a good fb team most of the time is the qb. This gives us a dual threat which we currently Dont have. He is a leader so put him where most leaders play! Go Big Orange

We're doomed this year. It's just not our year. Too many things have gone wrong. Play hard, get out of this season and find a answer at QB. This is painful.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Any chance we hear anything about Maurer from today’s press conference?

They probably won't reveal much so SC has to gameplan for multiple QBs. That being said, he seemed fine after the hit, and it may have just been a precaution, but honestly at this point if there is any doubt I think you sit him. He will likely be the starter next year. His long term health is more important now.

JG will play. Pruitt was hot at JG because he put the ball over the top, not about the play...just like he was hot at Maurer earlier in the year. Shrout will prob get some PT. Shrout didn't look ready. Dang...need Maurer...but understand if has had two concussion protocols in two weeks...I'd say that's 2-4 weeks...if it follows NFL methods.

More than the QB, Tim Jordan needs to be #1 RB and continue to develop identity of a team who runs down hill, works off play action, and goes down field every so often, while continuing improvement in D. OL is coming around. All this being said, SC is playing well, and going to be a challenge w/o Maurer.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort

VN Store

Back