Which player will be drafted higher? Bennet or Hooker?

Bennett will be lucky to get drafted. 5'10 QB with a noodle arm. I'll give him credit that he's got some athleticism, but he isn't an NFL caliber QB.
I am not sure what an NFL caliber QB is anymore.

I hope both get drafted high do that the SEC has more players in the spotlight. It’ll be cool that Kirby Smart can talk about having developing a highly drafted QB when he is on the recruiting trail. That’ll help Tennessee because we’re all in the “SEC family.” SEC! SEC!

Actually, no. That would be the dumbest perspective ever.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I think Hooker gets drafted over Bennet for sure. Just the measurable physical attributes tell me this. If Bennet makes an NFL roster it will be because he proved himself once again. It’s a long shot, he will have to either get drafted by a team willing to give him a real shot or go to the right team as an UDFA. I’m not counting him out, but Hooker as a better chance to make a roster.

There's no way for us to know the ACL situation for Hooker and that makes it tough.

Hooker is a mid 3rd round pick. Barring knee issues. I think Hooker can have a career as a backup in the league for a few years.

Bennett goes in the 4th or later. Age, size, arm strength are not on his side. Don't be surprised to see Bennett in Canada.

I do not see Bennett getting drafted. Hooker will be a late round pick due to injury if he’s lucky

Doubt Bennett gets drafted, good college QB but he’s not pro material. Hookers age and injury history could push him down otherwise I would think he’s a second rounder.

Bennett will be lucky to get drafted. 5'10 QB with a noodle arm. I'll give him credit that he's got some athleticism, but he isn't an NFL caliber QB.
I know that we hate anything "Georgia" around here but isn't Drew Brees the same height? Didn't he have the same criticism? Isn't he a first ballot Hall of Famer? Yep, yep, and yep. I don't know what your definition of a "noodle arm" is, but the guy should get credit for putting the ball "on the money" in the Championship game!

I know that we hate anything "Georgia" around here but isn't Drew Brees the same height? Didn't he have the same criticism? Isn't he a first ballot Hall of Famer? Yep, yep, and yep. I don't know what your definition of a "noodle arm" is, but the guy should get credit for putting the ball "on the money" in the Championship game!

He can't make NFL throws. That's what noodle arm means.

And Brees was 6'0.

Stupid thread. We should instead be talking about the all-everything first rounder from Kentucky instead. Mr. Mayonnaise himself.

NFL Scouts say that not since a young Ryan Leaf has a prospect had as good a mix of arm strength and confidence in the pocket when throwing a beautiful spiral 50 yards downfield to an awaiting safety.

Lol. Levis isn’t getting anywhere near the hype that Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence did.

Hooker and Bennet are both Day 3 picks at best. NFL Teams are not impressed with QBs from this type of offense. They don’t roll the dice. They also will look at what Hooker accomplished at Virgiania Tech. Tack on a torn ACL and his draft stock plunged. Can he make a career out of the NFL? That’s up to HH and the Good Lord.

Honestly, Bennet is a proven winner and can have moments of greatness. However, he is terrible when facing a better team. He rushes throws, acts like a freshman when being chased and slings it to the defender a couple of plays. Many people wanted him benched during the Ohio State game. That has always been his criticism. Georgia could make some of us look good the past couple of years. They have been that good all around. I don’t believe HH or Bennet will be long term NFL QBs.

There are still people who whisper that Hooker's success was too much a function of Heupel's system. That plus his injury could scare some teams off. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett goes undrafted. I think he's a Danny Wuerffel type of player who as great as he was as a college player didn't have the arm talent to translate to the NFL.
I'm not gonna buy that combo meal. Hooker is ****ing great QB that deserves a shot.

If teams are drafting QBs from places like Wyoming & North Dakota State, I think playing Tempo at Tennessee in an SEC schedule against SEC defenses isn’t going to scare them off.

I think the biggest knock on Hooker is his age. He is about to be 25. Could be 26 before he makes his first start. Josh Allen is 26, Mahomes 27.

Some of the younger fans may not remember an old Georgia QB who was maybe smaller than Bennett. Fran Tarkington. He was an NFL QB who ran DL guys till their tongue hung out. Don't know if todays teams would have took him but it has been done before!

Please stop. Look at the size and speed of DL's and LB's today compared to when Tarkenton played. He wouldn't even be drafted today, and would be a practice squad / 3rd stringer at best, which is what Bennett's future is as well.

Again, it's apples and oranges. Brees had the arm strength and ability to fit the ball in tight windows and make all the throws. Bennett has always struggled against any decent defense, and will find that those wide open looks he was seeing against a team like TCU won't exist in the NFL. He was the perfect QB for a powerhouse like Georgia that never faced anyone close to their talent level across the board. In the NFL, he will not have that advantage, and will be facing defensive coordinators that will totally expose every weakness.

There are still people who whisper that Hooker's success was too much a function of Heupel's system. That plus his injury could scare some teams off. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett goes undrafted. I think he's a Danny Wuerffel type of player who as great as he was as a college player didn't have the arm talent to translate to the NFL.

The knee and the system label would honestly cause me concern as a GM. High hopes for him though. Great young man.

Reactions: sjt18
Regarding Hooker, assuming his health is okay, everything will depend on where he lands. If he is fortunate enough to get to a spot like Hurts, with an organization with patience that will develop him properly and build an offense around his strengths, he has a chance to be a good NFL QB.

But because of the pressure on coaches and GM's to 'win now', and the dearth of those kinds of really solid, functional organizations, it is more likely he will fall through the cracks if he ends up bouncing around from team to team. I really hope he gets a legitimate shot in a good place.

A tad off original subject but how in the world is Levis in most mock drafts in top 3 picks and Richardson in top 10? Some poor GM is going to lose their job over those two picks eventually. Neither has consistently proven they can compete against elite defenses and defenses in the SEC are very weak this year overall. I mean yes, they both look like NFL qb's you would custom build on Madden but neither seem to have the "IT" factor. I could see Richardson playing WR or TE in the NFL, I think as a QB he is a sure fire bust. Levis is Tim Couch 2.0 with a more mediocre college career.

VN Store

Back