Which one of our 3 star commits could pickup their 4th star in this recruiting cycle?

I don't care about their stars this year. Going to trust Pruitt's evaluation over some guy who probably never played the game.

Everybody remember Dave Clawson? He was the OC in Fulmer's last disastrous year. It seems he is really good at evaluating under the radar talent. So much so that the big boys try to raid his classes right before signing day. He's got two players on this year's team that will go in the 1st round of the 2021 draft (although one has opted out.). He's done an amazing job over at Wake Forest. He's a great example of the stars not meaning much when you get into 3 stars versus 4 stars.

I don't care about their stars this year. Going to trust Pruitt's evaluation over some guy who probably never played the game.

Everybody remember Dave Clawson? He was the OC in Fulmer's last disastrous year. It seems he is really good at evaluating under the radar talent. So much so that the big boys try to raid his classes right before signing day. He's got two players on this year's team that will go in the 1st round of the 2021 draft (although one has opted out.). He's done an amazing job over at Wake Forest. He's a great example of the stars not meaning much when you get into 3 stars versus 4 stars.
Exactly. Currently I think Bulldog fans are the biggest stargazers. Alabama knows they get the best classes most years. When ADPF was having the top rated classes, we were as bad as anybody about it.
IMHO, coaching staffs know far more than the services about evaluating talent.
I think we now have a very good staff for that now.
College football is not the NFL. It is not all about who runs fastest and jumps highest. ,Great recruiters follow players throughout their HS careers and look for development potential.
One can look at the hornblower's busts and realize stars ain't everything.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
ALL of them. CJP can mine talent like no other. He personally visits the high schools and talks to the coaches and makes informed decisions. He knows the kind of player it takes to put together a winning team.

The exceptions are to his credit. But, how many SEC games would WF win in the SEC? it takes a lot of 4 and some 5s too.

Miles Campbell and Roc Taylor should both be consensus 4* guys by the end of the cycle imo

We are basically signing an army of 6'4" *TE type bodies - what the h*ll is the plan if we keep all these guys

1. Wolfe - Blocking TE
2. Campbell - Pass Catching TE
3. Taylor - I thought once we signed Campbell he would flip but maybe not
4. Nixon - WR but could out grow the position
5. Bell - DE most likely
6. Marley - WR?

Reactions: LittleVol
A lot of them. But probably won't cause you know lol.

Parker, Campbell, Evans, Taylor, Rucker, for sure.

Wright has some quickness but I think he still would need to improve in other ways to get a 4th. I think 3 is right on him atm.

We are basically signing an army of 6'4" *TE type bodies - what the h*ll is the plan if we keep all these guys

1. Wolfe - Blocking TE
2. Campbell - Pass Catching TE
3. Taylor - I thought once we signed Campbell he would flip but maybe not
4. Nixon - WR but could out grow the position
5. Bell - DE most likely
6. Marley - WR?
Score a lot of touchdowns.

Given that our 2 5 stars are now 4 stars... Why are you guys worried about this? What's the odds on Mims losing his 5th star if he commits here?

Lewis is still a 5* in the 247 composite
You absolutely didn't get the point of my statement. They've both been dropped since they committed without any camps, or one snap of football being played. Why are we worried about this?

You absolutely didn't get the point of my statement. They've both been dropped since they committed without any camps, or one snap of football being played. Why are we worried about this?
Both can simultaneously be true. It is true he has dropped, about 4-5 spots composite. It is also true he is still a 5*.

Everyone else may be ready to, but let's not downgrade one of our very own 5*s ourselves. 😉

VN Store

Back