Which Freshmen make an impact in 2007?

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
What true freshmen make an immediate impact for the Orange?

I think the suprise will be the contribution Lennon Creer makes. Until Foster learns to hold onto the ball Im not sold on him as a solid second.

This has been talked about quite a bit. I'd say the two that will make the most impact will be Eric Berry and Brent Vinson. Aside from true freshmen, newcomers Nevin McKenzie and Kenny O'Neal will probably start.

Nevin McKenzie already said the coaches told him it was his spot to lose. With a good fall our top 3 at WR could be O'Neil, Vinson, and then either Rogers or Jones. Berry will probably start immediately. I think Creer will get redshirted. He has to be out 2 guys to even be our #2 back. Coker is talented and Foster is having a good spring and Hardesty is still good so I think if he's lucky he could get the 3rd spot but i dont see him doing better than that.

Berry, McKenzie and O'Neal start right away. Vinson and Jones will see alot of playing time. Donald will get some special teams and spot duty on D as well as Walker.

DeAngelo Willingham will play alot as well.

Cooper could see alot of PT depending on how they use the FB/TE. Art Evans supposedly looked good in spring practice and Langley will play because of a lack of depth at DT

What true freshmen make an immediate impact for the Orange?

I think the suprise will be the contribution Lennon Creer makes. Until Foster learns to hold onto the ball Im not sold on him as a solid second.

Foster is the starter as of now and this summer.

Foster will be the starter at Cal as well. Nothing wrong with a 2 back combo

If this is true, I wouldn't be mad if Coker transferred. He is without a shadow of a doubt the best rb we have. They have to quit screwing him over. If Coker had 10 carries against Florida last year, I am confident we would have won the game !

If this is true, I wouldn't be mad if Coker transferred. He is without a shadow of a doubt the best rb we have. They have to quit screwing him over. If Coker had 10 carries against Florida last year, I am confident we would have won the game !

If Coker would act right he would be a starter.

Not a chance. He'd have been tackled in the backfield. No running back could have done much in that game.

Apparantly, Foster is looking tons better than he did his Freshman season, and Coker should hold down the 2nd Spot, with Hardesty continuing to get a few touches.

On another note, with Dustin Lindsay coming to UT next season, after he plays at a junior college this year, do you think he will ever get on the field? Maybe special teams...

Apparantly, Foster is looking tons better than he did his Freshman season, and Coker should hold down the 2nd Spot, with Hardesty continuing to get a few touches.

On another note, with Dustin Lindsay coming to UT next season, after he plays at a junior college this year, do you think he will ever get on the field? Maybe special teams...

Talk is of moving him to LB

If Coker does straighten up, he should be the starter. He showed a lot more promise than either Foster or Hardesty.

If Coker does straighten up, he should be the starter. He showed a lot more promise than either Foster or Hardesty.

Agreed. But there is no reason to let any of the three see alot of sideline time. All three have their positives and negatives, so a combo of backs like this is good. Plus, if Creer is as good as advertised, there might be a 4 way battle for carries. The last time UT had a stable of backs like this..... well everyone knows what happened.

Agreed. But there is no reason to let any of the three see alot of sideline time. All three have their positives and negatives, so a combo of backs like this is good. Plus, if Creer is as good as advertised, there might be a 4 way battle for carries. The last time UT had a stable of backs like this..... well everyone knows what happened.

The stable we had in 2002 was supposed to be one of the best ever. Didn't turn out so well. As for Coker being the starter, that's what I'd like to see, but I hear that Foster is having a really good spring. So who knows?

The stable we had in 2002 was supposed to be one of the best ever. Didn't turn out so well. As for Coker being the starter, that's what I'd like to see, but I hear that Foster is having a really good spring. So who knows?

I've been able to watch some spring practices and Foster has looked impressive. Hell in 05 he was great so who knows? I'll never complain about having 2 good TBs at one time here.

I've been able to watch some spring practices and Foster has looked impressive. Hell in 05 he was great so who knows? I'll never complain about having 2 good TBs at one time here.

I thought he caught a little too much praise in 2005, which resulted in some unnecessary talks of letdowns in 2006. He played well in 2005, but he wasn't starting until we played weaker defenses.

With Creer and all of the other RB's coming in, I think we should move Hardesty to DB. That is his true position if I recall correctly.

VN Store

Back