Which Bowl Game Would You Like Tennessee To Play In?

Which Bowl Game Do Y'all Want Tennessee to Play In?

• TaxSlayer Gator Bowl

Votes: 143 41.9%
  • Belk Bowl

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Liberty Bowl

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Outback Bowl

Votes: 138 40.5%
  • Texas Bowl

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Independence Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Birmingham Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read rumors about Kentucky vs Virginia Tech or Pitt in the Belk Bowl.
Could see that too. But if I'm remembering correctly, the Music City has actually become the most 'prestigious' if you look at it from the money side. So I'm not sure thinking 7-5 just gets us this 'Florida bowl' as if it's some great thing is the right way to make predictions. Again, this is all from memory, so I could be off on payouts, etc.

UT beats Vandy and bowling in Jax (Gator Bowl) or Outback n Tampa, FL. Imo, we are most likely Gator Bowl bound.

Music city Bowl - will ONLY be in play IF we lose to Vanderbilt- just my opinion.

All the ESPN article and projections are click bait articles based on the writers’ what if situations, which is interesting to read.

Who thinks if we just barely beat Vandy will it determine the Gator invite>It sure wont help the Vols chances if we just hangon!I think a Vandy beatdown will get us to the Gator Bowl!Agree or not?
A win is a win now matter how much you win by. And we not going to Gator we going to Outback or Citrus!!!!

Could see that too. But if I'm remembering correctly, the Music City has actually become the most 'prestigious' if you look at it from the money side. So I'm not sure thinking 7-5 just gets us this 'Florida bowl' as if it's some great thing is the right way to make predictions. Again, this is all from memory, so I could be off on payouts, etc.
The Music City Bowl wants Tennessee and they're wary of Kentucky since Kentucky was in the Music City Bowl in 2017 against Northwestern.

Reactions: Joefoxx
The bigger matchup would probably be in outback or gator. Penn St, Iowa, outside chance Michigan as possible matchups that would be big matchups. If we don't get to one of the 2 florida bowls I would just as soon play in Music City. GBO!

The Music City Bowl wants Tennessee and they're wary of Kentucky since Kentucky was in the Music City Bowl in 2017 against Northwestern.
I'm sure lots of these bowls want Tennessee. And since they're now all equal in the eyes of the SEC, the way fans are ranking them making predictions is silly to me. With a win its just as likely we end up in Nashville or Charlotte as one of the Florida games. It really just depends.

Reactions: TrueOrange

I understand but we will be in FL. That is what UT wants and the Gator Bowl is making a huge push to make it happen. As I’ve said in previous posts, I do not have any (UT) inside info.

They need better matchups to match the money their now paying, that's the one thing about music city you go there it's almost always a north Carolina or Louisville type of matchup. You would think the more money they put up they would get a better pecking order. But I am just glad were going to a bowl, and just want a win no matter where or who we play. GBO!

I understand but we will be in FL. That is what UT wants and the Gator Bowl is making a huge push to make it happen. As I’ve said in previous posts, I do not have any (UT) inside info.
I would rather have Tennessee go to the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl,Outback Bowl or Citrus Bowl however I wont be surprised if Tennessee winds up being invited to the Music City Bowl.

I think Tennessee’s bowl fate depends partially on whether or not Florida gets in the NY6.

If they don’t, it bumps everyone down a bowl in the pecking order

All this below assumes victory over Vandy

You are correct. If 4 SEC teams get NY6/playoff berths, then UT likely ends up in Outback.

If only 3 end up, then its matchup dependent. ESPN would love 2 big branded teams so don't be shocked if it's the Texas Bowl against the Longhorns....

While I doubt the Texas Bowl is Tennessee's first (or even 4th)preference, the SEC will bow to ESPN and disregard Tennessee's wishes...

It's too bad Tennessee can't go to the Bahamas Bowl or Hawaii Bowl;)
I’m with you. If you aren’t in the playoffs then why not the Hawaii Bowl? If I was a player that’s where I’d want to go. Of course the Motor City Bowl would be a close 2nd. Yes I’m kidding. I don’t even know if that thing still exists.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
What a difference a few weeks make. 4-5 weeks ago everyone didn't care as long as we could get a bowl, now look, haha! I want Psu or Michigan, that would help our recruiting with a win over these programs. GBO!!!
And if we lose it could hurt our class...I'd rather beat down Indiana or Illinois and look like badasses and impress recruits than to get hammered by Michigan or Pedo St.

I'm going out on a limb and say LSU and Georgia go to the CFP.
Alabama will play Oklahoma
Florida will play Utah
Auburn will play Wisconsin
Texas A&M will play Michigan
Vols will play Indiana
And I don't care about the rest.
This is how the bowl selection will probably go in this order. As far as the names of the bowls idk don't care either just want to be up against an equally big 10 team that has a better record than us (we all know they don't play anyone worth a damn) so that way it looks better on us when we win.

Reactions: BucksnortVol

VN Store

Back