Where's the fire?

1985Vols

So far under Pruiit our team has come out flat as a pancake 4 games in a row. I'm not sure if that's on the coach or that we just have a bunch of soft players ( outside of Jennings, Guarantano, Banks) that do not have the desire and motivation to give 100% every play. Hopefully it's something that will take care of itself over time through attrition but there has to be a change in mindset before this program ever takes the next step. Right now we are the worst team in the SEC along with Arkanasa and staring at a 3-9 season. Hard to swallow as Long time Vols fan.

I'm starting to wonder if there aren't some serious internal issues still going on in the locker room or elsewhere. Someone offended? Need a safe space? It's just hard to believe that even with a new coach/staff and system that our team is really this bad. Seems like a silent protest going on

I was watching a video clip of the 98 game the other day, and the way they came out of the tunnel is night and day different than our current bunch of lethargic robots.

Hopping around, bashing helmets, foaming at the mouth, crazed looks in the eyes by the 98 bunch.

Night and day difference in attitudes.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
He is doing on the job training. Obviously its tougher to run a team than a defense. I think we got the best guy we could get on the last hire. Its going to take time and he must win with lesser players than his opponents. Not going to be easy, 25% chance he will be successful and no viable alternative.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
The fire has been put out. All that's left are the ashes of a once proud program that's been reduced to loser status

He is doing on the job training. Obviously its tougher to run a team than a defense. I think we got the best guy we could get on the last hire. Its going to take time and he must win with lesser players than his opponents. Not going to be easy, 25% chance he will be successful and no viable alternative.
This team has no confidence, no on field leaders, and is behind talent wise at important positions like o line and d line and QB especially for the systems we're trying to run. Everybody struggles the first year when changing systems and we're changing both sides of the ball. This learning on the job is a dumb statement I'm sorry if I upset anyone but it is. Pruitt is a great coach and he's forgotten more about coaching than any of us will ever know. He's not a miracle worker he's got to get players in which he's doing. Being a fan a true fan is hard to do when it's not going good and I see a bunch of fair weather fans around here ,that don't really know much about football other than the final score. The only dumpster fire I see is the so called fans that claim to be part of this fan base. So flame away if you must, but while you all are doing that and turning everything into a negative I'll be in Neyland supporting my team and my coach and as always GBO!!

This team has no confidence, no on field leaders, and is behind talent wise at important positions like o line and d line and QB especially for the systems we're trying to run. Everybody struggles the first year when changing systems and we're changing both sides of the ball. This learning on the job is a dumb statement I'm sorry if I upset anyone but it is. Pruitt is a great coach and he's forgotten more about coaching than any of us will ever know. He's not a miracle worker he's got to get players in which he's doing. Being a fan a true fan is hard to do when it's not going good and I see a bunch of fair weather fans around here ,that don't really know much about football other than the final score. The only dumpster fire I see is the so called fans that claim to be part of this fan base. So flame away if you must, but while you all are doing that and turning everything into a negative I'll be in Neyland supporting my team and my coach and as always GBO!!

Yes, there are so many fair weather fans after the last 15 years performance. You are correct, if you can't take 20 years of failure jump off the bandwagon! As I stated, I think Pruitt was the best coach we could get. This is his first year as head coach and I think its obvious he has a lot to learn about getting the entire team on the same page. Much easier with 5 star players at Bama. In any case, it will take him as long as it takes, no other choice.

Reactions: GrizzlyVol
I'm starting to wonder if there aren't some serious internal issues still going on in the locker room or elsewhere. Someone offended? Need a safe space? It's just hard to believe that even with a new coach/staff and system that our team is really this bad. Seems like a silent protest going on

Uhhh, Holmes... generally with a coaching staff change and the change in offensive and defensive systems/philosophies, there is a drop off.

Uhhh, Holmes... generally with a coaching staff change and the change in offensive and defensive systems/philosophies, there is a drop off.

Yep, there is. On paper anyway our roster says we should be performing at a level better than what we are currently. New system/coach or not. We are half A***** it and dont have the slightest bit of motivation. There is a reason for that. Is it because the players suck? I dont think thats all of it. The level of toxic is off the charts.

VN Store

Back