Where would you rate Tennessee in the SEC right now (and in other conferences as well).

HooahVol

A little off season fodder. I need a coronavirus outlet. Realistically, right now, where do you see Tennessee in the SEC in football? I hate to say it but until they prove me wrong I am thinking at best 5th behind Bama, LSU, UGA, and UF and at worst 6th as A&M does have a lot of talent. Now, where do you think we would fall in other conferences? I truly think we would be at or near the top of the Big 12 and Pac 12 and second only to Clemson in the ACC. The Big 10 would be a tough one. Definitely do not see us beating Ohio State or Penn State (they are actually pretty good right now) this season. Indiana was 4th in the Big 10 last season and we did beat them and I like our chances against Michigan so maybe 3rd, at worst 4th.

So, big picture, we are getting back up with the big boys, it just so happens we exist in a conference with the biggest of boys.

I kind of forgot about Auburn. Shoot, I am not sure we beat them in a head to head right now until I know more about our QB situation. I am hoping the NCAA does tack on the 15 extra spring practices to fall camp as has been discussed to give Harrison more time to learn the system.

A little off season fodder. I need a coronavirus outlet. Realistically, right now, where do you see Tennessee in the SEC in football? I hate to say it but until they prove me wrong I am thinking at best 5th behind Bama, LSU, UGA, and UF and at worst 6th as A&M does have a lot of talent. Now, where do you think we would fall in other conferences? I truly think we would be at or near the top of the Big 12 and Pac 12 and second only to Clemson in the ACC. The Big 10 would be a tough one. Definitely do not see us beating Ohio State or Penn State (they are actually pretty good right now) this season. Indiana was 4th in the Big 10 last season and we did beat them and I like our chances against Michigan so maybe 3rd, at worst 4th.

So, big picture, we are getting back up with the big boys, it just so happens we exist in a conference with the biggest of boys.
I agree with your ranking in the sec. not sure we would be near the top in pac 12. Oregon, Washington, and Utah are better. Yeah I forgot auburn too.

Reactions: HooahVol
We are middle of the pack until we prove otherwise. UGA and Florida have dominated us recently. And LSU, Bama and Auburn are better in the West. Until we can consistently beat "The Big 3," we aren't where we need to be. I do see us taking down Florida this year. But there's a lot of ground between us and Georgia, although, Georgia did lose a lot. And they have a new QB and OC and no spring practice to break them in. That's gonna hurt.

I kind of forgot about Auburn. Shoot, I am not sure we beat them in a head to head right now until I know more about our QB situation. I am hoping the NCAA does tack on the 15 extra spring practices to fall camp as has been discussed to give Harrison more time to learn the system.
Does every team get the 15 extra practices added on? Vandy completed their spring practice. I see no reason for any team that completed their spring practice to get any extra time on fall practice.

Didn't we already beat them with JG?

I did not know Vandy completed their spring training. How crazy is that? Nashville is the epicenter for the virus in this state with the overwhelming positive cases. Honestly, it would have made more sense for UT to have had spring practice than them.

I believe we are now lower middle pack in SEC
I am happier, better than lower lower

Vols were tied for 5th in the SEC last year with Auburn at 5-3. That's at least middle pack, if not upper middle pack, using your terminology in 2019.

So, you think with 16 starters on O and D returning, the P and K returning, and nearly every second teamer returning this year, along with a pretty good recruiting class, we'll be significantly WORSE this year? I'm interpreting your lower middle pack as 3-5 in the SEC.

I'll be surprised if we slip below mid pack this year.

Reactions: HooahVol
I know LSU lost Burrow and others, but I think they are number one until someone knocks them off. Behind them would be Bama, UGA, Auburn, the Gators, T A&M, (UT & USC tie), Ole Miss, KY, Miss St, Mizzou, Arkansas, Vandy. Just my opinion. We're about 7th until we prove otherwise.

I would put UT slightly ahead of USC and UK ahead of Ole Miss.

I think we are 4th on D
Anywhere from 4th to 9th on O due to inconsistency, when we get in the red zone I'm expecting settling for a FG this mindset has to change.
Our ST will be good I like the returners & kicker & punter competition
So a guess with fingers crossed 5th overall, with a lot of contingencies.
#5 in SEC
#3 in ACC
#3 in B1G
#3 in Big12
#2 in PAC

Last edited:
I did not know Vandy completed their spring training. How crazy is that? Nashville is the epicenter for the virus in this state with the overwhelming positive cases. Honestly, it would have made more sense for UT to have had spring practice than them.
It won’t matter 😀

I assume that you’re basing your ranking off of your personal projection of how good you believe UT will be this upcoming season (and you believe we’re going to be DRAMATICALLY improved). Otherwise, your rankings are WAY too high.

VN Store

Back