Where will the lady Vols be in the top 25 this week?

I think your right that we'll break the top twenty. Several ranked teams going down this weekend.

I think we SHOULD stay where we are until we face Stanford, but I don’t think we will. Until we’ve beaten some better competition I’m leary of moving up in the rankings. But we probably will.

Thank goodness the schedule this week and next has given the staff a nice block of time to get more teaching in. Soon there will be real competition to play, and I’m anxious about how our team will stack up.

Those chiming in, give me numbers,,,

realistically if we hit within the top 20 with our SOS it will be a good move.
We have to beat people more decisively to whip up the ladder

Hope Kelly beefs up the schedule. Holly’s schedule just kept getting worse. Probably to pad her winning numbers. Should help with attendance also.

Reactions: vettefool and PG1
To make an educated guess about the LVs, I ask myself---

Are they better than USF, who have played some real competition?
Are they better than Syracuse?
Are they better than Depaul, who have beat a higher ranked team?

Not enough information is available, beyond our high standing in the cupcake eating contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: FabSmokyVol
I think 18-20, our strength of schedule thus far is pretty sad. It did help that ND came back and beat #21 Michigan. Looking at NCAA stats we are back in the top 10 nationally in several categories. Particularly on the defensive end and in rebounding. Seems to be a good sign and means we are trending the right direction.

Remember, we have to play Texas before Stanford. They may have a bad coach, but they have the talent with Holmes, Collier and a few others.

What was the young ladies name that committed to Tennessee after coming to the game in Knoxville? Of course she was very young at the time.

Remember, we have to play Texas before Stanford. They may have a bad coach, but they have the talent with Holmes, Collier and a few others.

What was the young ladies name that committed to Tennessee after coming to the game in Knoxville? Of course she was very young at the time.

Amani Bartlett she has reopened her recruitment

I think 18-20, our strength of schedule thus far is pretty sad. It did help that ND came back and beat #21 Michigan. Looking at NCAA stats we are back in the top 10 nationally in several categories. Particularly on the defensive end and in rebounding. Seems to be a good sign and means we are trending the right direction.
Where did we stand nationally after 5 games last year? I'd like to see that comparison assuming you are comparing current stats to entire season stats from last year.

when the Lady Vols start rolling through the SEC schedule, their ranking will take care of itself... right now getting better and improving is much more important than even thinking about rankings.

Be careful you are starting to get ahead of yourself one game at a time.

Hope Kelly beefs up the schedule. Holly’s schedule just kept getting worse. Probably to pad her winning numbers. Should help with attendance also.
Amen! Playing these early low level teams does nothing for recruiting either!

when the Lady Vols start rolling through the SEC schedule, their ranking will take care of itself... right now getting better and improving is much more important than even thinking about rankings.
The SEC needs to prove they are more than a 1 trick pony which is S.C.!

Reactions: mandyleanne
Too many SEC teams with bad losses already.
The weakest P5 right now! What has happened? My thoughts is recruiting it’s obvious SEC teams are full of good athletes that can run fast and jump high but the game is ugly to watch because these same athletes have very little basketball IQ and lack basic fundamentals!

The weakest P5 right now! What has happened? My thoughts is recruiting it’s obvious SEC teams are full of good athletes that can run fast and jump high but the game is ugly to watch because these same athletes have very little basketball IQ and lack basic fundamentals!

While I get what you’re saying I don’t know about that...

Look at the Big 12 and the Big 10. The big 12 had Texas as their second best team of sorts and well... and the big 10 is down with Iowa not being their usual selves. I think by the time conference play rolls around there will be a lot of movement for all the big schools. Well except for UConn who might actually get a scare from USF but that’s it.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back