Where were you when

Wow... People really do love living in the past... It's genuinely sad the number of license plate holders in TN that say "1998 National Champions"... It's embarassing...

iu

I was in Washington, DC, stationed at the Pentagon but working at State Department on a temporary assignment. Jacqueline and I had twin girls, age 2. Cute as buttons.

My dad was up from Tullahoma that week, helping me put in kitchen cabinets. Timed his trip specifically so we could watch the national championship game together.

Awesome memories. Thanks for bringing them back, @airvols .

Go Vols!

Sat right beside the Pride of the Southland Band. What a trip!

I was a section over. Remember FL State fans being infuriated at us commandeering the Seminole chant. They HATED that. Before the game, some drunk, pretentious Seminole fan kept yelling "trailer trash" at us. I said, "Mam, I've never stepped foot in a trailer in my life." I lied.

I was living in Auburn. Had a house party then my friends tp’d my trailer after we won. We went and closed down the pool hall next door afterwards.

Reactions: Hacksaw
In Alabama, at home, Son was back at school in Memphis ,and several family members were in Tempe .
Only game I could attend that wonderful year was title game in Atlanta. Still had low expectations when season started.

I was 14. Thought we'd be contenders the next decade+*, boy was I wrong.

I basically thought (and still think unfortunately) that we're always in it 'til we aren't. Which is usually by week 2 now.

VN Store

Back