Where was the energy

1985Vols

Tonight vs. FL? What a disappointment as FL played like they were in A Sweet 16 game and we were playing like it was a pre-season game vs. SC upstate. I have a feeling this team was way overhyped as Pons and Fulkerson have regressed so much from last year. We have a lot of inconsistent shooters as well and our defense was flat footed the entire game. Pretty bad to get waxed by a team that was missing 3 of their starters. Oh well, that’s Tennessee sports for ya’! Go Vols!

I have thought from the start this team was more on par with the 2017-18 team rather than the 2018-19 team, but this loss may be an indicator that they are not quite at that level. Still, one loss is one loss, I still would say we end up a four seed with a solid chance at the S16. Ugly, ugly night and week for UT athletics though

I have thought from the start this team was more on par with the 2017-18 team rather than the 2018-19 team, but this loss may be an indicator that they are not quite at that level. Still, one loss is one loss, I still would say we end up a four seed with a solid chance at the S16. Ugly, ugly night and week for UT athletics though
nothing wrong with a fourth seed... wont be surprised to much better quality of play late in season

Reactions: Vol49er
Hate to say it but this team is missing a “ go to” player and a point guard. We don’t have anyone that can get us a basket when we need it. Sure wish we had Kennedy Chandler this year. Not sure we get out of the first weekend of the tourney

Not mentally tough. This is why you gotta respect the good Ky teams even though we hate them. They take everyone’s best shot every night out.

nothing wrong with a fourth seed... wont be surprised to much better quality of play late in season
No way this team is a 4 seed. No one on offense has any confidence. No one squares up and takes it to the basket. Way to many guys looking to pass instead of being aggressive and creating offensively. This team is not talented offensively and they’re poorly coached on offense. What the heck is wrong with Fulky. No confidence.

Reactions: Cherokee Orange
before the season, thought they could be four seed by march .... admittedly got caught up in dec hype, but bama brought me down to earth.

never bought into the thinking that they would hang in top 8 prior to that ...very disappointed tonight but feel there're many better nights ahead

Reactions: cardvolfan
This team is also soft as he!!. Seems like when we play physical teams this year, we kind of melt down.
it's not been the physical teams that beat us. It's those with guards that consistently beat us off the dribble. We just stand and watch as they back door and run by. Shame we missed all our early games. We wouldn't have been as hyped for the let down.

Good, not great. Sorry some people were fooled into believing this was an elite team. They are still a respectable team, though, and can certainly make a deep run, depending on matchups. It is obvious at this point there is no "alpha" and no one to save them if they drop down by a significant margin.

It was just once of those games you have every season where you just happen to come out flat. I think the BasketVols will bring their A game to the next game!

Reactions: cardvolfan
Not sure if these comments are satirical, but I really don't think the basketball players are even a quarter as emotionally affected by the football news as 95% of us are. Think the result tonight would have been the same had we just finished football 13-0

I would suspect they DGAF about any of that. A death or something like that in another program, sure; but the football team going through another coaching search? Yeah....not their problem. And it's not like Pruitt is some beloved coach that transcends all the programs, it wouldn't shock me if other coaches in other programs didn't like him either.

While last night was terrible and as I've said they deserve any criticism and skepticism; but on the flip side I'm laughing a bit that we are apparently at a point where a 4 seed is seen as a negative by a chunk of our fanbase. As I said somewhere else, kid me watching Wade Houston barely get 5 wins one season would be giddy that we get to where Sweet 16s are almost expected.

Reactions: Lurker and Vol49er
It was just once of those games you have every season where you just happen to come out flat. I think the BasketVols will bring their A game to the next game!
Yeah, maybe, but that in it's own right is alarming. We are playing on ESPN against an arch rival with a #6 rankingand we don't show up. I think it was a combination of season long issues and no energy. This team still has time to get it together but I don't like what I am seeing.

VN Store

Back