Where to stay? 2nd time in Neyland

Yeah, that place attracts the worst kinds. I would stay away from anywhere on Cedar Bluff except the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn.

Amen to that.

Bad experiences at the Days Inn and the Country Inn and Suites off Cedar Bluff.

One of my buddies ended up at the Motel 6 off CB a few years ago after a game since he timed it perfectly and someone cancelled five minutes before he called. Walked into the room and there was a giant turd sitting between the wall and the bed which housekeeping had "missed". After they got all that sorted and got him into a different room, nature called and he couldn't get the toilet to flush. Lifted off the back to mess with it and found the reason it would not flush-the tank was full off used syringes.

Amen to that.

One of my buddies ended up at the Motel 6 off CB a few years ago after a game since he timed it perfectly and someone cancelled five minutes before he called. Walked into the room and there was a giant turd sitting between the wall and the bed which housekeeping had "missed". After they got all that sorted and got him into a different room, nature called and he couldn't get the toilet to flush. Lifted off the back to mess with it and found the reason it would not flush-the tank was full off used syringes.
Dear god. You wouldn't think it would be the case in that area, but that area for whatever reason is frequented by drug addicts and all that goes with it. I'm surprised the city hasn't done more to clean it up considering the location.

Yeah, that place attracts the worst kinds. I would stay away from anywhere on Cedar Bluff except the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn.
I’ve had some crazy good times at the Motel 6 off Cedar Bluff. The kinds of experiences that a man puts in his memoirs.

Reactions: Jravol78
Dear god. You wouldn't think it would be the case in that area, but that area for whatever reason is frequented by drug addicts and all that goes with it. I'm surprised the city hasn't done more to clean it up considering the location.

Lady I know used to be heavily involved with a homeless outreach in the area. We were on Cedar Bluff having lunch one day and she pointed out where there were "hidden" homeless camps.

One kind of in those woods between Days Inn and the interstate. Another kind of behind OYO somewhere.

She claimed there is one off Lovell near the TA where there are literally a hundred or more homeless camped out at any one time.

Been a few years so I am not sure if they're still around, but considering some of the things I have seen on Cedar Bluff lately it would not shock me in the least.

Based on past experience it would take at least an hour to get to Crossville after a sold-out football game. Pray for no wrecks on the interstate.

I’ve had some crazy good times at the Motel 6 off Cedar Bluff. The kinds of experiences that a man puts in his memoirs.
Lol…. they didn’t involve *****ing in the floor and toilet reservoirs full of syringes did they 😂?

Amen to that.

What about Rocky Top? How bad is that area in comparison? That’s Where my hotel is.

Rocky Top appears to be nice small town. If motels are close to interstate may be constant noise.

Good news on Turkey Creek, this morning a Queen 2 bedroom was available so they changed my reservations to Fri-Sun at same rate had earlier so worth checking hotel's website for changes.

Fun fact....Rocky Top used to be called Lake City..........They changed the name because of a promised attraction being built called Rocky Top. They never built this to my knowledge and most of the folks wish they would change the name back. So if you get into any trouble with the locals just say man I wish this was still Lake City. Might get you out of a tight spot.

VN Store

Back