Where to stay? 2nd time in Neyland

Be careful at that place man. Stayed there for one of the earlier season games last year. It was dirt cheap then-like 65 bucks a night.

A few hours after we checked in on Friday, a Knox coroners van parked in front of our room and was there pretty much the remainder of the evening. I really don't want to know.

Saturday after the game, went to get ice from one of the machines in one of the stairwells. Apparently a gentlemen thought I was looking for a different kind of "ice" and was trying to sell me meth.

Really classy joint.
Hell yes 🙌. Sounds like my kind of place. I stayed there once before many years back snd didn’t have any issues. Things sounds like it changed a little. But it’s most definitely more than $65 a night. I being charged like $126.

It sounds like I should rent out my guest bedroom and sofa since I'm less than 5 miles from the stadium.

We love the Turkey Creek area on I40 just before you get to town. Lots of good restaurants, shopping - etc. Lots of hotels there - but prices are crazy this weekend.

Reactions: kcvols1
Sometimes you just have to pay more and Turkey Creek is nice, quiet and safe. Before biting the bullet to pay for 2 nights, I read the ratings for most of the hotels you could get for 1 night and they were consistently bad if you are bothered by filth, bugs, mold, disrepair, and constant noise.

Strawberry Plains is 15 minutes to downtown, it's not a bad option.

There's fewer hotels east of town but since fewer people travel from the east, there's usually better availability. Airport area or Maryville usually has availability but that's a haul
Much easier to get in and out too. Park around James White Fort and it's a breeze usually. Of course, you have to be going East for any of that to matter though...

Seems like with all the travel request on this site Freak, Tripadvisor would want to pay for an ad.

I’m coming on for the OM game and am with seeing where you guys would recommend staying. I want to be somewhat close to Neyland (taking an Uber to the stadium), as well as close to the pre and post game festivities (bars and restaurants).

Looks like air b&b options are all booked already.
There are still rooms available at Clarion Inn & Suites West Knoxville/Turkey Creek area for $120 a night. There’s at least 1 room open now at Days Inn west Knoxville as I changed my reservations closer to Turkey Creek area.

We just stayed at Sonesta Suites in Turkey Creek for the south carolina game. Awesome place, highly recommend.

VN Store

Back