Where there's smoke there's fire?

Not with team 121

I agree, I don't see how people think we have a chance of beating GA. We couldn't handle the worst Florida team I have seen in 20 years. How the hell are we supposed to handle an improving GA team?

Nah we aren't that far, it seems like it, but have lots of talent, there are coaches out there drooling over this squad, just waiting on that phone to ring. Our patience has been gone, now just make a statement and don't go to the games. If the fan base is really mad, don't go spend money in Knoxville.

Thats the difference from the previous times we were in this situation.

Terrible in game decisions are the reason we lost this game. We win if we have competent coaching time to go in another direction whenever AD deems necessary which I expect would be after the season. We could let Shoop go now don't think we would miss him. I can't see Wiggins playing worse than Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
interesting. wonder if it's legit? somthing is up with wiggins though, he should be starting if he isn't hurt. as for JG he's on his way out the door anyway I think because he didn't get the nod over dormady

If a coaching change is going to happen it better happen quickly before the wheels fall completely off. I'm afraid if it waits too long this thing may spiral out of control.

Unless you're just talking about appointing an interim, no this most certainly does not need to happen quickly! That's how we got Derek Dooley. We need to hold our noses and let the season play out first. We're not going to get a quality head coach 3 games into the season.

Last edited:
Seriously, you guys are going to flip out over a post that includes Wiggins leaving, even though he can't transfer?

Funny someone would take the time to put all that together and forget to do the simple math on eligibility. Not surprising but funny.

Reactions: 2 people
Dooley says that makes perfect sense. Rushing with no plan is genius. Plus, let the season play out. We could win the east. So calm down.

Win the east, keep the same bs 6 yrs in a row. My wife would've left me by now if I made the same bad decision over and over, although I pay the bills I never learn from my mistakes. It's that mentality that will keep UT mediocre. Players want to play for UT and dominate and win championships, that's not happeneing under CBJ.

If that poster is connected to the program at all he needs to be gone. I know we're all up in arms about Butch and company but you don't air out the dirty laundry in public. Whatever happened to keeping things in house? What a coward.

Agree. No doubt tempers were flaring after the game. But if you have privy to that, you absolutely do not air that in public.

Haven't any of you ever been in a situation where you did not succeed at something as a team? The emotion of the moment can get the best of the most level headed person and steam is let off. Those moments should never be something that folks outside the circle are privy too.

As for the players, I am sure there are some who think they should be starting. They can leave or they can buckle down and be motivated to earn the playing time. If the ego gets in the way of seeing that the guy in front of them is working his butt off, then that is on them.

Dooley says that makes perfect sense. Rushing with no plan is genius. Plus, let the season play out. We could win the east. So calm down.

Exactly. Folks, we lost a football game. Is this what college football has come to? Every time we lose a game, coaches should be fired, teams are lost, and players transfer? Good God talk about a "house of cards" program. So before any of you jump off a bridge, let's let the season play out and see what happens. We could still win the east for all we know. People yelling to "fahr Butch" 3 games into the season at 2-1 Is category 5 retarded. Let the season play out first!

Reactions: 4 people
Unless you're just talking about appointing an interim, no this most certainly does not need to happen quickly! That's how we got Derek Dooley. We need to hold our noses amd let the season play out first. We're not going to get a quality head coach 3 games into the season.

I completely agree here. Many of us are upset with Jones and want him gone. But making emotional fires and hires is exactly what brought us to where we are now.

If Currie wants to replace Butch, then let the season play out, do some quality searching and get a coach that the university needs and deserves.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly. Folks, we lost a football game. Is this what college football has come to? Every time we lose a game, coaches should be fired, teams are lost, and players transfer? Good God talk about a "house of cards" program. So before any of you jump off a bridge, let's let the season play out and see what happens. We could still win the east for all we know. People yelling to "fahr Butch" 3 games into the season at 2-1 Is category 5 retarded. Let the season play out first!

You seriously think we want Butch gone simply because he lost this one game. Really? Have you watched the past few years guy? The entire Butch era?

3 games into the season.....in his FIFTH YEAR.

Reactions: 9 people
This all seems very "wait and see" to me. Could I see it being true? Sure. Do I think it is? Not in the slightest.

VN Store

Back