Where the roster stands after adding Powell

Is it seeming like Fulky is coming back? I know that had to be a tough way to go out last season

I think Anosike has potential but to my untrained eye he never seemed to adjust to the speed and quickness of the SEC.
He began the year trying to play like a big man in a small conference, but then got bumped around like a little fat kid on the subway. He doesn’t have the height or lower body strength to defend in the box, and he doesn’t have the height to rebound or put back under the goal. A 6’ 5” guard can track a ball from outside and rebound with speed. That doesn’t work from two feet out. He has an amazing skill set and body for small time basketball. Adjustments and improvements in fundamentals aren’t going to make big changes to his output. He has a size problem.

He began the year trying to play like a big man in a small conference, but then got bumped around like a little fat kid on the subway. He doesn’t have the height or lower body strength to defend in the box, and he doesn’t have the height to rebound or put back under the goal. A 6’ 5” guard can track a ball from outside and rebound with speed. That doesn’t work from two feet out. He has an amazing skill set and body for small time basketball. Adjustments and improvements in fundamentals aren’t going to make big changes to his output. He has a size problem.

I agree. Anything short of a full body makeover, and Anosike is not going to be capable of competing effectively, night in and night out, in the SEC.

13 scholarships, Fulk & Anosike don’t count regardless so just kind of wipe them from your mind when counting scholarships...

Currently 8 on scholarship:
Chandler
Vescovi
Bailey
Mashack
Powell
James
ORN
Plavsic

Room for 5 more. Give me Key, QDE, BHH, Dante, Tamaba.

What about Monsanto from ETSU? That could happen and he was a stud for them this year.

What about Monsanto from ETSU? That could happen and he was a stud for them this year.
I wondered if they would kick the tires there but doesn’t appear so...

Forbes recruited him to ETSU so I would guess he’s got a good chance of getting him to WF

6'6" post that almost averaged a double double if I remember correctly as a freshman. Would still be a good get for working ahead.
I edited and added other thoughts, but Anosike was a 6’6” post that averaged 16ppg 12rpg the year prior to coming to Tennessee.

13 scholarships, Fulk & Anosike don’t count regardless so just kind of wipe them from your mind when counting scholarships...

Currently 8 on scholarship:
Chandler
Vescovi
Bailey
Mashack
Powell
James
ORN
Plavsic

Room for 5 more. Give me Key, QDE, BHH, Dante, Tamaba.
With QD (he dropped the E) now official...and Walker expected to announce his transfer any moment, currently

Chandler
Vescovi
Diboundje
Bailey
Mashack
Powell
James
ORN
Plavsic

Currently 9 spots taken, room for 4 more, remember Fulk & Anosike won’t count if they elect to return.

With QD (he dropped the E) now official...and Walker expected to announce his transfer any moment, currently

Chandler
Vescovi
Diboundje
Bailey
Mashack
Powell
James
ORN
Plavsic

Currently 9 spots taken, room for 4 more, remember Fulk & Anosike won’t count if they elect to return.

Give me Fulk returning and then add Aidoo, Dante/Kessler, BHH & Key...I don’t think you could script a better off-season.

Reactions: Willy14
Give me Fulk returning and then add Aidoo, Dante/Kessler, BHH & Key...I don’t think you could script a better off-season.
If that was the roster what do you think would be the depth chart? Really have no idea how the starting lineup would look in the post then. Be hard to tell BHH to come off of the bench

If that was the roster what do you think would be the depth chart? Really have no idea how the starting lineup would look in the post then. Be hard to tell BHH to come off of the bench

Fulky returning and land Key, Aidoo, BHH and Dante?

Chandler/Key
Powell/Vescovi/Bailey
James/Mashack/Diboundje
Fulk/BHH/ORN
Kessler/Aidoo/Plavsic

BHH would get plenty of minutes even if he’s coming off the bench...I doubt this scenario plays out, just saying it would be a great pull...really if we land Aidoo just landing 1 of BHH/Kessler/Dante with Fulk returning would be light years better.

Fulky returning and land Key, Aidoo, BHH and Dante?

Chandler/Key
Powell/Vescovi/Bailey
James/Mashack/Diboundje
Fulk/BHH/ORN
Kessler/Aidoo/Plavsic

BHH would get plenty of minutes even if he’s coming off the bench...I doubt this scenario plays out, just saying it would be a great pull...really if we land Aidoo just landing 1 of BHH/Kessler/Dante with Fulk returning would be light years better.
In a perfect world that is an extremely talented lineup with depth everywhere. I can see why someone said that Bailey might transfer, seems like he might get 5 minutes a game with the guards that we have, especially if we land Key. If we don't land Key I still can't see him getting more than 10 minutes a game.

Definitely agree that landing just one of BHH/Kessler/Dante with Fulk would be a much better situation in the post.

In a perfect world that is an extremely talented lineup with depth everywhere. I can see why someone said that Bailey might transfer, seems like he might get 5 minutes a game with the guards that we have, especially if we land Key. If we don't land Key I still can't see him getting more than 10 minutes a game.

Definitely agree that landing just one of BHH/Kessler/Dante with Fulk would be a much better situation in the post.
Powell and James can play 3, I think Bailey would be ahead of Mashack and Diboundje, so if you don’t get Key that’s just Chandler/Vescovi/Bailey at the 1/2 possibly...a lot TBD on the roster, hard to project.

Powell and James can play 3, I think Bailey would be ahead of Mashack and Diboundje, so if you don’t get Key that’s just Chandler/Vescovi/Bailey at the 1/2 possibly...a lot TBD on the roster, hard to project.
Very true, all just speculation at this point

I am not sure Bailey wold be ahead of either after see Bailey blow a few games this past year. He was not ready for big time SEc basketball even after having a year off to practice. When he’s hot he’s hot, but he very poor on defense and loses his shooting touch just when we need points. I had big hopes for him preseason, he is just too inconsistent.

If we land BHH & Aidoo...

Chandler/Vescovi
Powell/Bailey
James/Mashack/Diboundje
BHH/ORN
Fulk/Aidoo/Plavsic

Be room for up to 2 more...

VN Store

Back