Where the roster stands after adding Powell

NighthawkVol

So how many open scholarships do we now have?

Let’s assume we get BHH. Let’s also assume that Keon and Pons leave, but Fulkerson returns. Does that leave us room for two more transfers? The limit is 13 now, right?

N'Faly Dante

Getting Clark as an assistant definitely feeds into this rumor to make one think it may be legitimate. I see he tore his ACL in December. That could affect his ability to impact next year at least early on being less than a yr removed from injury

As it stands, assuming what’s been mentioned of Fulk returning and Walker leaving...

Chandler
Vescovi/Bailey
Powell/Mashack
James/ORN
Fulky/Plavsic/Anosike

Room for 5

Reactions: Stoked
As it stands, assuming what’s been mentioned of Fulk returning and Walker leaving...

Chandler
Vescovi/Bailey
Powell/Mashack
James/ORN
Fulky/Plavsic/Anosike

Room for 5
I know he’s not available yet but if we could add Dante from Oregon I think it would be huge

I didn’t think Anosike was that bad. I think he has a skill set that could help if he played within system and focused more on what was needed from him as a rebounder and defender and not trying to be a scorer. He didn’t look worthless like a Kent, Pember type. Not much guys like Anosike and ON can do when you get one 3 minute span in a game then sit bench for 2 then rinse repeat.

Reactions: volfan__18
Chandler/Vescovi
Powell/Key/Mashack
JJJ/Bailey
Fulky/ORN/Anosike
BHH/Dante/Plav

Redshirt Tamba
Redshirt Q

Top 10 squad. Already going to assume we won’t see much of Plav, Anosike, ORN, and Mashack. (Depending on how everything actually shakes out)

Reactions: Vol49er
Still very worried about 4/5, with BHH's commitment being endangered potentially with Oliver leaving and the Georgetown kid going to Maryland. I would feel really good if we got Fulk to return, BHH to commit and reclassify, and a solid transfer down low, but that's a lot of different things that need to happen. If any one doesn't JJJ will need to play a lot of minutes at power forward. If several of those things don't happen, I worry about being on the bubble. If all of those things happen, I feel cautiously optimistic we can have a 25+ win kind of season considered the skill we already are set to have 1-3 (assuming Powell is eligible)

I didn’t think Anosike was that bad. I think he has a skill set that could help if he played within system and focused more on what was needed from him as a rebounder and defender and not trying to be a scorer. He didn’t look worthless like a Kent, Pember type. Not much guys like Anosike and ON can do when you get one 3 minute span in a game then sit bench for 2 then rinse repeat.
I don’t think Anosike helped very In fact , I was disappointed in his production. He didn’t shoot well, rebound well, and didn’t play defense well.

I think Anosike has potential but to my untrained eye he never seemed to adjust to the speed and quickness of the SEC.

To play BarnesBall, we need a big 5 w/backup and a big 4 w/backup, plus one more big for depth. Therefore I don't like JJJ at the 4, or Anosike, for that matter. So, here's my ideal rotation, assuming We can get what we need from recruiting and/or portal:

1) Chandler, TBN back-up PG (recruit or transfer), Vescovi
2 & 3) JJJ, Powell, Vescovi, Bailey, Mashack rotation
4) Fulky OR TBN PF (recruit or transfer), ORN, Anosike, Walker
5) TBN Center (transfer or recruit), Plavsic

1- Although Powell or Vescovi could be a back up PG, it would be ideal if they didn't, so they can focus on being who they really are. Assuming Chandler is one and done, it would be ideal to get someone who would be groomed for the starting job after Chandler leaves.
2 & 3) Our best wing combo is Powell and JJJ, I think. But there should be a 4-man rotation with Vescovi and Bailey, with Mashack as development depth. These 5 plus two PG's give us 7 backcourt players.
4 - If we can get a bonafide starting 5, and Fulky returns, Fulk should be the 4. He's too skinny to be a 5. I think that's why he suffered last season, he was just beat up trying to play against physically superior 5's all season. If he doesn't return, we need someone from the portal to start at the 4, unless ORN can improve. I see Anosike as depth
5 - I think we all would agree that so far, Plavsic is not a starter. He showed signs this past season that he might be a viable back-up. I think we need a genuine starting 5 in the worst way, it's our biggest need. That gives us 6 in the frontcourt, we could probably do with one more at the 5.

So I think we need two more pickups at least, a starting 5 and a back-up PG. And if Fulky doesn't return, possibly a 4.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back