Where is Nathan Leacock?

Deonte Thorton is still waitng to be unleashed to...or maybe not...? maybe SEC football is too tough for him to compete in...
I think Thornton has the “drops” too. We really need for him and Keyton to get over their issues. Thornton is big enough to bully CBs like Tillman did.

Reactions: posivol
I think Thornton has the “drops” too. We really need for him and Keyton to get over their issues. Thornton is big enough to bully CBs like Tillman did.
Thornton isn’t gonna bull anyone. He’s charmin soft. He needs to be the deep threat over the top. He’s similar to Hyatt, neither like contact.

Actually he did, but he wasn’t targeted as much. He dropped multiple passes, and struggled to track deep balls thrown by hooker. Other than the great catch against Florida he wasn’t impressive last year either.
Um did you forget that great grab against bama to setup the catch by Bru!!! But I agree he needs to play better.
Gbo!

Reactions: BDP!
His dropped bomb in this game was unbelievable. It just shouldn't be possible with today's gloves.
This OG is wondering how guys like Fred Biletnikoff, Charlie Joiner, Lance Alworth, Steve Largent ever caught a ball without gloves on?

Reactions: bpalmer28
Actually he did, but he wasn’t targeted as much. He dropped multiple passes, and struggled to track deep balls thrown by hooker. Other than the great catch against Florida he wasn’t impressive last year either.
I recall him making an impressive catch in the waning moments of Bama game.

He didn't seem to have a problem with it last year. Made spectacular catches while filling in for Tillman and then Hyatt in the Orange Bowl
Dude he isn't dependable. And yes he has had bad drops. Dependability is the #1 asset for a wr. Catch the damn ball or they send out someone who will

Reactions: jarnol32
He didn't seem to have a problem with it last year. Made spectacular catches while filling in for Tillman and then Hyatt in the Orange Bowl
Nope. There's one commonality for all of our WRs being worse this year. I think we all know what that is, even though some people won't admit it.

I think OP is onto something when he says Keyton is struggling to track deep balls, at least this year. That overthrow that Joe had in maybe the third quarter honestly looked like it could have been on Keyton, as it looked like he slowed up, then tried to accelerate again, and it went decently far over his head. Joe probably could have been more accurate, but that could have been deceiving if the WR pulls up early

We need 240 yards a game out of Joe. The WRs have to catch balls that should be caught period. He doesnt need 400 yards. Just be simple and move the chains. I want the swing passes back and TEs involved. If we can do that and continue to run the ball we will be ok

I recall him making an impressive catch in the waning moments of Bama game.
I’m not saying that he’s never made some good plays. What I am saying is that he struggled tracking the ball and had some drops last season too.

Good question. Keyton needs to be benched. I don’t think continuing to baby him is going to do him any good. Maybe if he was benched he’d get a little pissed off and have some extra focus next time he’s catching passes from the juggs machine. It’s not like we don’t have other options - Spillman, Webb, Leacock are viable options. Dee Williams will be an option soon. And what about Cam Seldon? Wasn’t he recruited as an ATH @Plove23 ?
Yeah he was but they moved him to RB, I dunno. Be nice to see him out at WR too or any of those other guys

Reactions: bpalmer28
To be fair Hendon struggled early and Milton won the job. Hendon studied and progressed his game. The rest is history.
Even Huepel stated Hooker was much better game player than practice player. He stated that was the reason they started with Milton. However, after seeing him in the game he moved the offense and kept the drives going! He had a much better "pocket presence" than Milton. So even Huepel was surprised by Hooker!!

Reactions: BigALWiLson

VN Store

Back