Where is Corey Walker?

Sometimes coaches give walk ons minutes at the end of games where the outcome is already determined. These are the type minutes I would have expected Walker to get at a minimum. Don’t confuse these type minutes with being part of the rotation.

Walk ons are more deserving. They pay their own way.

Sometimes coaches give walk ons minutes at the end of games where the outcome is already determined. These are the type minutes I would have expected Walker to get at a minimum. Don’t confuse these type minutes with being part of the rotation.
No doubt there may be too it, but your point makes too much sense. Why he is not seeing a few minutes here and there in mop up duty is perplexing and makes me think there is more too it. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: walkenvol
Even if he is not in the doghouse, it would be equally worrying to me that he has not "earned" minutes if Pember was able to earn minutes last year (and heck, this year too).
Either Barnes is not giving him minutes despite him being able to help more than players like Pember, or he's not as good as Pember is right now. The first is a bad approach worthy of criticism I think, the second is worrying

Reactions: Vols All Day
Even if he is not in the doghouse, it would be equally worrying to me that he has not "earned" minutes if Pember was able to earn minutes last year (and heck, this year too).
Either Barnes is not giving him minutes despite him being able to help more than players like Pember, or he's not as good as Pember is right now. The first is a bad approach worthy of criticism I think, the second is worrying

Either way, I’m not sure I like Walker’s chances of being at Tennessee too long.

Walker could at least take up some of the minutes Pember or Uros are getting. Either he is one foot out the door or there is an injury they are not talking about. Or he is struggling in classes. Being out of shape is something ive always heard you have to play your way into game shape. But remember this team lost a lot of pre conference games where the younger guys usually get minutes. Speculating isnt doing us any good. I say send in a an under cover ho and get the 411 first hand.

Upon watching other teams on tv it seam's like the other's are getting better and the Vol's are getting worst. Fifty points won't get it done against Vandy.

Walker look shorter than advertised and that puts him in guard territory.

No room for an out of shape guard

On another note, I was flipping channels the other day and happened on a Winthrop game. Another guy who was here, DJBurns, plays for them. They’re undefeated and he’s a big reason why. I didn’t recognize him. He looks like he weighs 300 lbs. I remember at UT they said he couldn’t get in shape. The part I watched, he played great but only in about 2 minute spurts, then would have to come out. He didn’t get bullied in the paint like what we have now, though.
He’s playing at Winthrop. Who’s gonna bully him

Has anyo
I must have missed something. Does anyone have any actual information that Walker is out of shape, or in Barnes’ doghouse, or are people just making assumptions? My understanding was that he was recovering from injuries and missed valuable practice time which put him behind the other freshmen.

Dude hasn’t even played a snap yet on a team that doesn’t have much playing available, and we have some people doubting he’ll ever play at UT. Is there some new info that I’m not aware of?[/QUOTE
Has anyone thought that it could be a scholastic thing?

Talent doesn’t equal earned playing time. See Woolridge and that NC leaper from a few years ago.
Yes clearly I know that. But when you have a dearth of talent or good basketball iq in the front court and a 4 star that hasn’t played any time (like literally 0 minutes this season) when this season is essentially a free redshirt year you have to question what the heck is going on. Because the dudes that are playing in front of him....

Yes clearly I know that. But when you have a dearth of talent or good basketball iq in the front court and a 4 star that hasn’t played any time (like literally 0 minutes this season) when this season is essentially a free redshirt year you have to question what the heck is going on. Because the dudes that are playing in front of him....

It’s been questioned ad nauseam. Obviously Barnes has his reasoning and he’s keeping it in the locker room and not sharing for public consumption.

It’s been questioned ad nauseam. Obviously Barnes has his reasoning and he’s keeping it in the locker room and not sharing for public consumption.
yes, and we should all not question it... because lord Barnes knows best...Of course he has his reasons, thanks for that gem!!! Truly earth shattering revaluation! Doesn’t mean we can’t debate the merits of that decision. This is a discussion board.
Free year and dude can’t even get on the court in mop up time, when we have almost zero depth in the front court. I guess he must be trying to make a hell of a point, because it appears he is hurting the team by not at least seeing what Walkers got in live action this year.

yes, and we should all not question it... because lord Barnes knows best...Of course he has his reasons, thanks for that gem!!! Truly earth shattering revaluation! Doesn’t mean we can’t debate the merits of that decision. This is a discussion board.
Free year and dude can’t even get on the court in mop up time, when we have almost zero depth in the front court. I guess he must be trying to make a hell of a point, because it appears he is hurting the team by not at least seeing what Walkers got in live action this year.
Yeah, man, I don't get it, borderline 5 star, can shoot, score down low, rebound and block shots. He's not the greatest athlete, but looks like he has a high bb IQ and skills

Not question it? Do you even know what ad nauseam means?

Basilio seems to think Walker is out of shape and has not gained Barnes trust. Also evidence that he does not take practice seriously.

This summer will tell whether Walker will buy into the program.

I don't see him being here this fall. If UT has a strong summer conditioning program, Walker will most likely bolt - IMO.

Yeah, man, I don't get it, borderline 5 star, can shoot, score down low, rebound and block shots. He's not the greatest athlete, but looks like he has a high bb IQ and skills
Final rankings had him closer to 3* than 5*, not sure you want to refer to him as a borderline 5*

Final rankings had him closer to 3* than 5*, not sure you want to refer to him as a borderline 5*
He was a top 100 recruit a solid 4 star according to 247. About equidistant to the 5 stars as to the 3 stars at least according to numeric ranking. Not sure you want to try to downplay his potential or the hype he came in with unless it’s to help you advance a certain narrative ....

He was a top 100 recruit a solid 4 star according to 247. About equidistant to the 5 stars as to the 3 stars at least according to numeric ranking. Not sure you want to try to downplay his potential or the hype he came in with unless it’s to help you advance a certain narrative ....
Fair enough, I was thinking 3* broke around 100 but that’s not the case...either way, in no way shape or form would I consider his final ranking “borderline 5 star”.

Ok, I thought he dropped to like #73, but that may be Mashack. I do smoke a lot of weed. I know at one time, Walker was a 5 star and stayed right around the high 20s thru the 30s for a few months. Guess @BruinVol was right, when he took that AAU season off to work out. U know how much, I hate to admit Bru's right

VN Store

Back