Where is Corey Walker?

Any chance Walker gets any minutes in February and/or March ? Hell, Walker was a top 25 player at one time. Surely, he knows what Barnes wants on the defensive end, by now. Really strange situation, imo, we are struggling in the post and it doesn't look like ON or Anosike are getting anymore minutes. Although, I think ON deserves more minutes and Anosike barely any. Starting to think Walker is going to transfer, hope I'm wrong and hope Barnes gives him a shot. Hell, he may be a gamer like Dobbs was, apparently. I don't see any downside in letting him get Anosike's minutes

Any chance Walker gets any minutes in February and/or March ? Hell, Walker was a top 25 player at one time. Surely, he knows what Barnes wants on the defensive end, by now. Really strange situation, imo, we are struggling in the post and it doesn't look like ON or Anosike are getting anymore minutes. Although, I think ON deserves more minutes and Anosike barely any. Starting to think Walker is going to transfer, hope I'm wrong and hope Barnes gives him a shot. Hell, he may be a gamer like Dobbs was, apparently. I don't see any downside in letting him get Anosike's minutes
Looks like another post bust for Barnes. Even if he played mop up minutes it would have zero impact on his eligibility.

Reactions: patrick
Anosike gives UT almost nothing but a couple of rebounds and if u watch him, can probably be called for a push-off foul almost every time he gets a board. Surely, Walker can gives us more than that for 5 minutes a game or give those minutes to ON. Something is really odd about Walker not getting a single minute at a position that is our biggest weakness, in a year that wouldn't affect his eligibility

As stated, he needs to get in better shape for defensive purposes. Also Walker may not be the prototypical “post” player that some feel would help this team. He does not seem to be as big as his listing either. Seeing him in person and the team photo seems to corroborate that. He is listed at “6’8” but looks no taller than 6’6 Pons in the photo, and he looks noticeably smaller than 6’8 Nkamhoua. Walker looks to be maybe 6’7 on a good day, possibly even 6’6.5.

Not a good combo to be slightly undersized and out of shape. Walker looks more like a 3/small lineup 4 to me instead of a true 4 post player. His strengths are scoring the basketball, and he more than likely will help us eventually. Just not this year.

There could be more to it than meets the eye. I'm not saying there is, but it's very strange how Schwartz reacted to a question about his playing time several weeks ago.

As stated, he needs to get in better shape for defensive purposes. Also Walker may not be the prototypical “post” player that some feel would help this team. He does not seem to be as big as his listing either. Seeing him in person and the team photo seems to corroborate that. He is listed at “6’8” but looks no taller than 6’6 Pons in the photo, and he looks noticeably smaller than 6’8 Nkamhoua. Walker looks to be maybe 6’7 on a good day, possibly even 6’6.5.

Not a good combo to be slightly undersized and out of shape. Walker looks more like a 3/small lineup 4 to me instead of a true 4 post player. His strengths are scoring the basketball, and he more than likely will help us eventually. Just not this year.
If you’re a post player and you’re not getting minutes on this team, you’re bad.
it’s about time Barnes start looking at his coaching philosophy of posts. You’ve got ON and Uros who ought to be developed and getting meaningful minutes. Barnes plan appears to to be dogging his team and questioning the guts of his players in the media.

Reactions: patrick
Walker is obviously in Barnes's dog house. What does that mean moving forward? A strong possibility we never see him in a Tennessee uniform.

Reactions: walkenvol
If you’re a post player and you’re not getting minutes on this team, you’re bad.
it’s about time Barnes start looking at his coaching philosophy of posts. You’ve got ON and Uros who ought to be developed and getting meaningful minutes. Barnes plan appears to to be dogging his team and questioning the guts of his players in the media.

That’s just it though. I don’t believe he is a true “post” player. More of a swingman. JJJ is taking a lot more of Walkers minutes right now at the 3/4, moreso than Fulkerson, or Nkamhoua who are more traditional post players.

How did he react?
When he was asked, he stumbled and fumbled and didn’t know what to say. He never really gave an answer, and it was pretty obvious there was more to it. I saw it on utsports.com and maybe it’s still on there.

I must have missed something. Does anyone have any actual information that Walker is out of shape, or in Barnes’ doghouse, or are people just making assumptions? My understanding was that he was recovering from injuries and missed valuable practice time which put him behind the other freshmen.

Dude hasn’t even played a snap yet on a team that doesn’t have much playing available, and we have some people doubting he’ll ever play at UT. Is there some new info that I’m not aware of?

I must have missed something. Does anyone have any actual information that Walker is out of shape, or in Barnes’ doghouse, or are people just making assumptions? My understanding was that he was recovering from injuries and missed valuable practice time which put him behind the other freshmen.

Dude hasn’t even played a snap yet on a team that doesn’t have much playing available, and we have some people doubting he’ll ever play at UT. Is there some new info that I’m not aware of?
No one really knows the depth or scope of what is happening. He’s had an injury, coaches have said he’s out of shape, yet there are more questions than answers.

Reactions: ArdentVol

I think the similarities to the DJ Burns situation has people spooked. Time will tell if that is justified

A snap?

Boy that’s quite an indictment considering who’s playing ahead of him...
Big time. I’ve always gotten the impression that someone ALWAYS has to be in Barnes’ doghouse.

You know what would get someone in shape. Running them a few minutes in am actual game to show them what’s needed.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Big time. I’ve always gotten the impression that someone ALWAYS has to be in Barnes’ doghouse.

You know what would get someone in shape. Running them a few minutes in am actual game to show them what’s needed.
Agree, we need players with talent on the floor, right now, give him a shot... can’t tell me some of the other guys are better options right now

VN Store

Back