Where do you think the LadyVols finish in 2021-2022?

Where will the LadyVols finish in the SEC Standings in the 2021-2022 season?

• 1st

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 6th

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 7th

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 8th

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 9th

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Worse than 9th

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Border Vol

Vol Fan In Deep South Georgia
How do you think the LadyVols will do in 2021-2022? With the players that the LadyVols will have lost after the 2020-2021 season i think the LadyVols will finish 5th in 2021-2022.

This is hard to predict because the transfer portal will play such a big role in how teams will be expected to look next year.

Assuming no further transfer announcements, I would predict the following:

1. South Carolina - best team in the conference by several miles that loses 1 player who's already out injured, and brings in 4 studs that will all challenge for a starting role.
2. Kentucky - loses 1 starter and 1 part time starter. Too much talent to write off, in spite of a disappointing season by pre-season standards. Incoming recruits not expected to add much.
3. Ole Miss - returns everyone of significance. Played better towards the end of the season, and has a lot of talented pieces. Incoming recruits not expected to add much.
4. TAMU - loses 4 starters, but will be returning a very talented backcourt (Nixon, Morris, Pitts, Z. Green). Question mark for them will be the inside players, but they have some size to work with and a lot depends on off season development. Gary is a great coach, so he will keep them competitive. Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
5. Missouri - talented but inexperienced this year; will be much improved next season. Brings back the majority of their key players/ Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
6. Tennessee - loses 2 starters, including their best player. Could go higher or lower depending on off season development for Horston. If she comes in the same, I think this is about right. Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
7. Georgia - loses 4 starters, including a dominant inside presence, their defensive stopper, and floor general. Will have a strong frontcourt, but the backcourt will be a question mark. Incoming recruits will challenge for starting minutes
8. Arkansas - loses 4 starters, including their 3-headed scoring machine. Bringing in one of the best recruits in the country who will probably be the star of the team, but still no inside size
9. Florida - best of the bad teams left
10. Alabama - brings back everyone, except their 3 best players. Poor Kristy Curry :(
LSU, Auburn, MSST and Vandy not worth writing about because they will all be bottom of the SEC heap.

This is hard to predict because the transfer portal will play such a big role in how teams will be expected to look next year.

1. South Carolina - best team in the conference by several miles that loses 1 player who's already out injured, and brings in 4 studs that will all challenge for a starting role.
2. Kentucky - loses 1 starter and 1 part time starter. Too much talent to write off, in spite of a disappointing season by pre-season standards. Incoming recruits not expected to add much.
3. Ole Miss - returns everyone of significance. Played better towards the end of the season, and has a lot of talented pieces. Incoming recruits not expected to add much.
4. TAMU - loses 4 starters, but will be returning a very talented backcourt (Nixon, Morris, Pitts, Z. Green). Question mark for them will be the inside players, but they have some size to work with and a lot depends on off season development. Gary is a great coach, so he will keep them competitive. Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
5. Missouri - talented but inexperienced this year; will be much improved next season. Brings back the majority of their key players/ Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
6. Tennessee - loses 2 starters, including their best player. Could go higher or lower depending on off season development for Horston. If she comes in the same, I think this is about right. Incoming recruits will add depth, but not expected to be difference makers.
7. Georgia - loses 4 starters, including a dominant inside presence, their defensive stopper, and floor general. Will have a strong frontcourt, but the backcourt will be a question mark. Incoming recruits will challenge for starting minutes
8. Arkansas - loses 4 starters, including their 3-headed scoring machine. Bringing in one of the best recruits in the country who will probably be the star of the team, but still no inside size
10. Alabama - brings back everyone, except their 3 best players. Poor Kristy Curry :(
LSU, Auburn, MSST and Vandy not worth writing about because they will all be bottom of the SEC heap.

I would move Georgia to 4th or 5th slot like you said there front court will be very strong. And i would not sleep on there backcourt and with MDAA 6-0 Reigan Richardson coming in there backcourt will be good. I saw her play in 2019 in NC. She can ball and can get her shot off with no problem. Plus it looks like they in the running for Chelsie Hall to replace Connally ?

Reactions: Border Vol
I would move Georgia to 4th or 5th slot like you said there front court will be very strong. And i would not sleep on there backcourt and with MDAA 6-0 Reigan Richardson coming in there backcourt will be good. I saw her play in 2019 in NC. She can ball and can get her shot off with no problem. Plus it looks like they in the running for Chelsie Hall to replace Connally ?
I'd move Georgia to top 4 easily if they have an experienced PG. Richardson, Coombs, Nicholson, and Davenport would be a tough starting crew if they had a competent PG. They've got some experienced bench players too, but the PG issue needs to be fixed.

I’m being optimistic. Really think if our returners improve and our freshman contribute we could be really tough again.

Lots of the better teams are losing a ton to graduation. Would expect SC to be very tough again but A&M, Arkansas, UGA all take a big step back from this season.

At this time no way to even gauge how it will turn out next season. Revisit this in about 4 months when there is a clearer picture of what the rosters will look like. As of now I am quite comfortable with a Tennessee top 4 finish with the present roster and incoming freshmen.

You do realize that the player Arkansas is bringing in is a 6’5” guard/forward? 😳

Too many variables to be anywhere near accurate, but I believe it will be 3rd + 1. Several things have to fall in place for that to happen....

I think the trio of Burrell, Horston and Key will be solid. Walker and Miles have to hold down the PG position. The battle for the #4 spot will be interesting. Suarez, Green and Striplin will be competing and all three bring different skills to the table. We will have several wing players backing up Horston and Burrell. Salary, Darby, Rennie all have time in the system. Puckett and Wynn will be right in the mix.

Assumptions:

1. Walker improves her PG skill set and Miles provides a spark off the bench.
2. The team avoids injuries like those that took Green and Suarez off the court.
3. Key gains body strength and develops a soft touch around the rim. More blocks......
4. Burrell builds on this past season and becomes a leader who can take over a game.
5. All four new comers contribute and one or two presses hard for a starting position.
6. Horston improves her focus and becomes the star she was destined to be. Her off-season development will be critical.
7. Our 4's score consistently from the key and effectively rebound.

Too many variables to be anywhere near accurate, but I believe it will be 3rd + 1. Several things have to fall in place for that to happen....

I think the trio of Burrell, Horston and Key will be solid. Walker and Miles have to hold down the PG position. The battle for the #4 spot will be interesting. Suarez, Green and Striplin will be competing and all three bring different skills to the table. We will have several wing players backing up Horston and Burrell. Salary, Darby, Rennie all have time in the system. Puckett and Wynn will be right in the mix.

Assumptions:

2. The team avoids injuries like those that took Green and Suarez off the court.
3. Key gains body strength and develops a soft touch around the rim. More blocks......
4. Burrell builds on this past season and becomes a leader who can take over a game.
5. All four new comers contribute and one or two presses hard for a starting position.
6. Horston improves her focus and becomes the star she was destined to be. Her off-season development will be critical.
8 are they gonna take better care of the ball and stop making bone headed plays?

You do realize that there are two forward positions and one of them is a perimeter position that is often interchangeable with the shooting guard...as is the case with Jersey.
You’re referring to the Small Forward position. To say Arkansas doesn’t have size down low isn’t really true. They can, and will likely use Jersey in down low positions. She can be exceptional at guard, but her length and height will be utilized in its’ most effective of ways.

You’re referring to the Small Forward position. To say Arkansas doesn’t have size down low isn’t really true. They can, and will likely use Jersey in down low positions. She can be exceptional at guard, but her length and height will be utilized in its’ most effective of ways.

Now that we're done being snarky with one another....

Jersey is basically in the same mold as Katie Lou Samuelson. She's tall enough to help with rebounding, but she's not going to be the one assigned to box out Aliyah Boston or Tamari Key in the paint. That's what I was referring to with Arkansas' lack of inside size. Thomas did what she could, but she was too short and wasn't able to stop bigger/taller players from just shooting over her or reaching over her for rebounds. That problem will still exist, even with rebounding help from a 6'5 perimeter player. Maybe they play Jersey at C, but I don't think that's the position she wants to play nor the best use for her skillset. I can see her taking advantage of her height to post up smaller guards trying to defend her, but I don't see her to trying the same against the true SEC centers or power forwards.

8 are they gonna take better care of the ball and stop making bone headed plays?

I didn't' make that assumption but certainly can't argue against taking better control of the ball especially in critical situations. What you call bone headed plays I call poorly executed plays and yes, those need to be reduced as well. We ranked #221 in turnovers per game and just reducing their turnovers by 3 per game puts us in the top 50. Reducing by 5 puts us in the top 10.

Last edited:
At this time no way to even gauge how it will turn out next season. Revisit this in about 4 months when there is a clearer picture of what the rosters will look like. As of now I am quite comfortable with a Tennessee top 4 finish with the present roster and incoming freshmen.

As it stands now, I think 3 or 4 is a good prediction but changes are likely coming all over the place.

Assumptions:

suarez could see time at off guard or wing she play 4 because the need her there.

Can Suarez guard SEC athletes?
She did better last year than I was expecting her to. Maybe she's overmatched against the Shakira Austins or Victaria Saxtons, but she was able to mostly hold her own otherwise when she was healthy.

Reactions: travis929
She did better last year than I was expecting her to. Maybe she's overmatched against the Shakira Austins or Victaria Saxtons, but she was able to mostly hold her own otherwise when she was healthy.
The problem I see with her is her lack of mobility makes her a liability when other teams are pressing full court or half court man pressure.

The problem I see with her is her lack of mobility makes her a liability when other teams are pressing full court or half court man pressure.
She has no business handling the ball in those situations. I have no idea why Kellie kept letting her bring the ball up. She was a turnover waiting to happen.

If there's a press, she's tall enough to receive the pass from the guards and quickly fire it off to a teammate before the press hits her. She seems to have good game awareness when she's not pretending to be a PG.

Reactions: travis929 and PG1
She has no business handling the ball in those situations. I have no idea why Kellie kept letting her bring the ball up. She was a turnover waiting to happen.

If there's a press, she's tall enough to receive the pass from the guards and quickly fire it off to a teammate before the press hits her. She seems to have good game awareness when she's not pretending to be a PG.
Bad Coaching?

VN Store

Back