Where do you stand?

AllVolinGA

VOL by birth
In this poll, rather than place a number value like 1-10 on Coach V staying, you get to pick you're standing based on several of our beloved Volnation members. Are you Catbone, the ever present but not always seen, the sky is always falling negaVol. No way in neck does CTV stay, we just can't have nice things.
Are you BruinVol, the pragmatic antagonist who always weighs in with whatever negativity he can find to circulate. He makes a statement about how the only way CTV can win is to over sign, then blast him for doing so. CTV will leave as soon as a bigger, better chance gets here for him.
Are you UT66? Positive and hopeful, yet been around the block.enough to know to not count chickens before they are hatched.
Finally, are you MookieMonster? The Ultimate in positive the that the hoodoo curse placed on Vol athletics has been cleansed by CTV and the administration and boosters are going to step to the plate and pull a Gilbert from Friday night.
Personally, I am kind of in between UT66 and Mookie. I want to believe, but I have seen this university do some really crazy things with regards to athletics in my time on this earth. So. Pick your stance an make it known. And nothing personal against Cat or Begin, they just instantly came to my mind when putting this together.

Last edited:
I stand convinced like MOOkie this AD will do what it takes to get it done. However, that might not be good enough, because of an agent. We don't know what Tony's contract agreement with Sexton says. For all I know, he might be obligated to take the highest offer per his agreement with his agent. Or the agent might steer him away from UT for other, self serving reasons. Tony has been saying and doing all the right things. But money talks.

He ain’t leaving. He’s seen the atmosphere of what our fans bring and it’s something to behold. Why else would he be up in the stands high fiving people he doesn’t even know? If you put a good product on the field/court, our fans will support you. Neyland is always rocking whenever we have a top 10-15 team. TBA is the same way. LNS is showing the same thing. Our fans just want teams they can be proud of and I believe that’s all most of us have ever asked for.

I'm in the camp of there are too many polls, too many posters and too many stupid threads started on vn. Get a freaking hobby.

And the Replacements, Big Star, Joy Division, Mission of Burma. I'll send you some mixed tapes.

Appreciate it, I like old music as much as the next guy...throw some tickets in there for the new baseball thing.

I don't believe polls anymore because people like to screw with the pollsters.

My non-poll opinion is I think CTV will be back but I worry about the Jimmy Sexton factor (now and in the near future).

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
It seems from all reports AD White and other UT higher ups will do whatever to keep TV. That's enough for me to be surprised if he leaves to coach somewhere else. I just hope UT advances to the CWS, how exciting that will be for all UT fans!!

He's leaving and Evan Russell is named Head coach July 1....right after the World Series is completed and the Vols hang the banner...Hasn't everyone seen Russell's from 6/9/21....Go VOLS (The Villians/Bad Boys) of College base ball....

All I know is I hope there is not a "Knee Jerk" reaction and the AD gives Vitello some ridiculous contract with a $12 million golden parachute that the school must pay when he is fired/let go/dismissed. TN seems to be the worst in the nation in creating contracts that actually benefit BOTH parties involved.

The administration has said they are making it a priority to keep CTV. He's staying.

Making it a priority to keeping him and actually keeping him are two separate things. I have an example of three coaches: Calipari at Memphis, Mullen at MSU, and Tuberville at Ole Miss. Why do I bring these 3 coaches up? Those 3 coaches were at a job and they publicly negotatied for facilities improvements in the media (which is what TV is doing this season) and all these schools said they were making it a priority to keep the coach happy. We got a ways to go for the quality of our baseball facilities to match the quality of our current team. We don't have the scholly advantages of another school with below average facilities (Vandy).

I think it's more than 50/50 he says this year but I'm not in the 90/10 or 100/0 camp either...

Making it a priority to keeping him and actually keeping him are two separate things. I have an example of three coaches: Calipari at Memphis, Mullen at MSU, and Tuberville at Ole Miss. Why do I bring these 3 coaches up? Those 3 coaches were at a job and they publicly negotatied for facilities improvements in the media (which is what TV is doing this season) and all these schools said they were making it a priority to keep the coach happy. We got a ways to go for the quality of our baseball facilities to match the quality of our current team. We don't have the scholly advantages of another school with below average facilities (Vandy).

I think it's more than 50/50 he says this year but I'm not in the 90/10 or 100/0 camp either...
They also said they were prepared to make him one of the top paid coaches in baseball.

I'm in the camp of there are too many polls, too many posters and too many stupid threads started on vn. Get a freaking hobby.
Thank you for your added wisdom

Tennessee has a higher ceiling in baseball than those 3 schools (Memphis can say what they want in basketball, no one outside Memphis cares).

VN Store

Back