Where do we go from here?

I'm a big Alan Parsons fan. Got to see several concerts pre-Covid with his new band.
Have you grabbed his two new albums? Several good pieces there. Also, one of his old band members, David Paton has several covers of the old APP songs - very well done.

I remember that one. "Games People Pkay" from Turn of a Friendly Card. At one time or another, had all of his first ten LP's.

Casual fans may know him/them best from the instrumental song "Sirius"...known in pop culture as the -Chicago Bulls intro track.

I remember that one. "Games People Pkay" from Turn of a Friendly Card. At one time or another, had all of his first ten LP's.

Casual fans may know him/them best from the instrumental song "Sirius"...known in pop culture as the -Chicago Bulls intro track.
Or from Austin Powers 2

Anyone believe that not being in Creme's first NCAA tournament bracket is important are you nuts or just trying to be argumentative for the sake of being so. I mean stooping to bringing up a bracket this early in the season like it is something amazing just shows the agenda of some posters when they come here. Come back in about twenty more games you might actually have a case when those games happen.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Coach Sam just posted a tweet showing pics of our ladies getting ready to leave Bahamas for home. They appeared to be in good spirits
Looking for them to bounce back together Friday.

Safe travels, ladies!
Somebody on this team is going to have to take the lead and get more players to playing better minutes. Right now only four players actually doing the job and a couple hot and cold and after those six nothing. If we can't get more than four players to do the job on the court this is a lost season. Just no way four players can carry us others have to do the job and they are not up to this point.

Somebody on this team is going to have to take the lead and get more players to playing better minutes. Right now only four players actually doing the job and a couple hot and cold and after those six nothing. If we can't get more than four players to do the job on the court this is a lost season. Just no way four players can carry us others have to do the job and they are not up to this point.
Thats the head coaches job. Whomever that is today as it appears the consensus believes coach Joy is calling the shots and some say coach jon , but we all know its Harper. She's gotta ride this ship and get them to play with chemistry and trust one another.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thats the head coaches job. Whomever that is today as it appears the consensus believes coach Joy is calling the shots and some say coach jon , but we all know its Harper. She's gotta ride this ship and get them to play with chemistry and trust one another.
I don't think the consensus believe any such thing. One person posted it and got mostly laughed at. Four have already settled in but you need more than four to make a team. The others are certainly trying still we know who the go to players are and if they are not willing to let them take the lead and do most of the scoring we'll still be stuck with a lot of empty possessions. You don't want to be a coach that is discouraging some players from shooting although you really need to.

Last edited:
For starters i would pick up the phone and call Sharrona Reaves ? if she willing and available. To me just my opinion she was head and shoulders above Sam and Joy i think.

At this point, I think this team has 2 major problems that compound into all the other problems:
1. The team has no identity and each player does not know their defined role.
2. Too many players are getting minutes, and there are costly stretches of incohesion.

CKH can keep screwing with the lineups through 11/30 (2 more games). After that, we HAVE to tighten it down starting with the VT game. Here are the players I would play, and the minutes I would play them.

Powell…30
Horston…33
Jackson…33
Darby…22
Franklin…30
Key…20
Puckett…18
Hollingshead…14

Notes:
When Powell is out, Horston runs the point.
When Darby is out, Puckett is in.
Either Jackson or Horston is in the game at all times.
We need this to be a cohesive 8 man lineup. The 12 man rotation ain't working.

Darby and Puckett have one job - the corner 3 on offense.
Powell runs the offense.
Offense creates space for Horston or Jackson.
If Jackson or Horston get doubled, then Franklin/Key or Darby/Puckett are going to be unguarded.

I really like those eight right there! The minutes look good too!

Creek, I had forgotten that they did Sirius….APP did so much music it’s easy to forget what all was theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back