Where do we go from here?

how the staff reacts will be very interesting and telling IMO.

Refused to believe John Martin, but Mark Nichols words are a little more reliable.
Just read the report. Mark doesn't lie.
Think we may be about to see another recruiting blitz.

I really think this one is over. Hope I'm wrong but it'll be much tougher to leave home after announcing he's staying than if he just announced he was leaving off the start

If he was unsure about where he wanted to go, then he would have just postponed the decision until Spring. He's not going to commit to his hometown school, hold a scholly hostage, and then decommit in the Spring. Talk about pressure. Him and his family will be run out of town. Time to move one, this one is completely over. Maybe we think about the Maymon redshirt thing now. Could be pretty thin next year in the post.

If he was unsure about where he wanted to go, then he would have just postponed the decision until Spring. He's not going to commit to his hometown school, hold a scholly hostage, and then decommit in the Spring. Talk about pressure. Him and his family will be run out of town. Time to move one, this one is completely over. Maybe we think about the Maymon redshirt thing now. Could be pretty thin next year in the post.

What reasoning do you see for him to not sign in November?

What is Hubb's reaction to this announcement? Does he still continue talking to Nichols about comming here?

What reasoning do you see for him to not sign in November?

It's not for him to decommit from Memphis to come to TN. I can understand to not give up hope, but this one is done. If he wanted to come to TN, then he would have said Tennessee, not Memphis. He's not going to screw his hometown school just to have a smoke screen. He's not going to accept a scholarship already knowing that he will decommit and go to another school in the Spring. The kid and his family has got more class than that. It's been rumored for months that he was UT bound, so he could have easily said UT and it wouldn't have been any surprise to anyone. If he respected CCM, then he wouldn't have went this route. It's over, the pipeline has burst. History shows that you should never put all your eggs in a Memphis basket.

It's not for him to decommit from Memphis to come to TN. I can understand to not give up hope, but this one is done. If he wanted to come to TN, then he would have said Tennessee, not Memphis. He's not going to screw his hometown school just to have a smoke screen. He's not going to accept a scholarship already knowing that he will decommit and go to another school in the Spring. The kid and his family has got more class than that. It's been rumored for months that he was UT bound, so he could have easily said UT and it wouldn't have been any surprise to anyone. If he respected CCM, then he wouldn't have went this route. It's over, the pipeline has burst. History shows that you should never put all your eggs in a Memphis basket.

I'm not saying its to ultimately end up at UT, I'm just asking you...why not sign if his heart is dead set at Memphis?

The pipeline has burst? Bit of an overreaction, we have stokes and Hubbs who has Memphis ties is coming in. Are you really still questioning Martin's recruiting?

Oh ok. I didn't know that...that is interesting

That could change, and he may sign, but as I last week he wast going to sign until spring...if he doesn't sign in November this is far from over. CCM and staff have put in too much time and effort to give up if the kid is still unsigned.

That could change, and he may sign, but as I last week he wast going to sign until spring...if he doesn't sign in November this is far from over. CCM and staff have put in too much time and effort to give up if the kid is still unsigned.

Can CCM & staff stay in contact with him still?

I'm not saying its to ultimately end up at UT, I'm just asking you...why not sign if his heart is dead set at Memphis?

The pipeline has burst? Bit of an overreaction, we have stokes and Hubbs who has Memphis ties is coming in. Are you really still questioning Martin's recruiting?

Didn't we have tons of people saying Nichols wasn't even a memphis recurit anyway since he went to a private school? Come on, we can't wing it both ways here. It's either one or the other.

Didn't we have tons of people saying Nichols wasn't even a memphis recurit anyway since he went to a private school? Come on, we can't wing it both ways here. It's either one or the other.

That's the Tennessee fan base for ya.

That's what I'm hanging on to. CCM and his staff's persistence on the recruting trail thus far has me still a bit hopeful that things could change, but, I still need to see it.

Just like in football, as we all know, commitments mean NOTHING until the dotted line is signed.

It's really a testament to Pastner's recruiting ability. If you listen to some sources, Nichols was a UT lock before attending Memphis Madness. The fact that he bumped his visits around and left Knoxville without committing to the UT staff left the door open, like I said. Pastner took advantage and didn't give up on the kid.

Signing in the Spring is pretty common in basketball. Why wouldn't anyone keep their options open until the Spring. Hell, Patner may go 500 this year and get fired. It could come out that he lied about a BBQ and suddenly get fired. Anything can happen. It's only smart to keep your options open until then.

CCM has signed Stokes from Memphis. That's it. Hubbs is not from Memphis. I've lived in Dyersburg for awhile. It's not like a Memphis suburb at all. Far from it. We all know how Stokes got here, so there is no need in going into that. I'm not questioning CCM recruiting, but we ALL knew that Nichols was a MUST get as thin as we will be next year in the post. Especially, if Stokes leaves. If we have not learned this lesson already, then let's try to remember it this time. NEVER KEEP ALL YOUR EGGS IN A MEMPHIS BASKET!!!!

VN Store

Back