Where did life begin? (Merged)

Do you believe we have a creator, aka "God"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right about that. You learn a lot when you put it back into its original language.

You learn that hell was made up by Christian in the New Testament (why else would God go thousands of years without telling anyone in the Old Testament about it).

Wrong

You also learn that mother Mary was simply a pregnant teenager.

Wrong again.
You're on a roll

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong

Wrong again.
You're on a roll

You are aware that Jews don't believe in hell, right? The Old Testament never mentioned hell. All of gods punishments were given out on earth.

If you're bible uses the term hell in the Old Testament, it's a mistranslation of the Jewish Sheol. Which is a neutral place, and the precursor to the catholic purgatory.

Hell is simply a scare tactic invented by Christians.

As far as the second part of the argument, if you've never heard that the Hebrew word for young girl and virgin are the same word, then you're simply living under a rock.

You are aware that Jews don't believe in hell, right? The Old Testament never mentioned hell. All of gods punishments were given out on earth.

If you're bible uses the term hell in the Old Testament, it's a mistranslation of the Jewish Sheol. Which is a neutral place, and the precursor to the catholic purgatory.

Hell is simply a scare tactic invented by Christians.

As far as the second part of the argument, if you've never heard that the Hebrew word for young girl and virgin are the same word, then you're simply living under a rock.

You should stick to what you know instead of copying those you think are smart

Isaiah 7:14 reads, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Quoting Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23 reads, "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel - which means, 'God with us.'" Christians point to this "virgin birth"
The Hebrew word in Isaiah 7:14 is "almah," and its inherent meaning is "young woman." "Almah" can mean "virgin," as young unmarried women in ancient Hebrew culture were assumed to be virgins. Again, though, the word does not necessarily imply virginity. "Almah" occurs seven times in the Hebrew Scriptures (Genesis 24:43; Exodus 2:8; Psalm 68:25; Proverbs 30:19; Song of Solomon 1:3; 6:8; Isaiah 7:14). None of these instances demands the meaning "virgin," but neither do they deny the possible meaning of "virgin." There is no conclusive argument for "almah" in Isaiah 7:14 being either "young woman" or "virgin." However, it is interesting to note, that in the 3rd century B.C., when a panel of Hebrew scholars and Jewish rabbis began the process of translating the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek, they used the specific Greek word for virgin, "parthenos," not the more generic Greek word for "young woman." The Septuagint translators, 200+ years before the birth of Christ, and with no inherent belief in a "virgin birth," translated "almah" in Isaiah 7:14 as "virgin," not "young woman." This gives evidence that "virgin" is a possible, even likely, meaning of the term.

Do you want a clairifcation on Jewish thoughts on hell also or can we now conclude you've done no real study on this subject?

You should stick to what you know instead of copying those you think are smart

Isaiah 7:14 reads, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Quoting Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23 reads, "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel - which means, 'God with us.'" Christians point to this "virgin birth"
The Hebrew word in Isaiah 7:14 is "almah," and its inherent meaning is "young woman." "Almah" can mean "virgin," as young unmarried women in ancient Hebrew culture were assumed to be virgins. Again, though, the word does not necessarily imply virginity. "Almah" occurs seven times in the Hebrew Scriptures (Genesis 24:43; Exodus 2:8; Psalm 68:25; Proverbs 30:19; Song of Solomon 1:3; 6:8; Isaiah 7:14). None of these instances demands the meaning "virgin," but neither do they deny the possible meaning of "virgin." There is no conclusive argument for "almah" in Isaiah 7:14 being either "young woman" or "virgin." However, it is interesting to note, that in the 3rd century B.C., when a panel of Hebrew scholars and Jewish rabbis began the process of translating the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek, they used the specific Greek word for virgin, "parthenos," not the more generic Greek word for "young woman." The Septuagint translators, 200+ years before the birth of Christ, and with no inherent belief in a "virgin birth," translated "almah" in Isaiah 7:14 as "virgin," not "young woman." This gives evidence that "virgin" is a possible, even likely, meaning of the term.

Lmfao are you mildly retarded? I type out a reply to you in my own words. You respond by telling me to stop copying others, and then copy and paste a massive link that doesn't even state conclusively that she wasn't simply a pregnant 12 year old.

More important than that, what about the simple fact that Jews don't believe in hell. What defense would you like to copy and paste here?

Do you want a clairifcation on Jewish thoughts on hell also or can we now conclude you've done no real study on this subject?

Absolutely. Why do the Jewish people not believe in hell? Beyond the obvious answer of course. It was simply made up by Christians as a scare tactic.

Reactions: 2 people
Absolutely. Why do the Jewish people not believe in hell? Beyond the obvious answer of course. It was simply made up by Christians as a scare tactic.

Really. So the jews didn't believe that there were two seperate compartments to "sheol"? One for the rightous and one for the unjust. Jesus never spoke on Hell? It was his followers that made that up to scare people?

Interesting

Last edited:
Lmfao are you mildly retarded? I type out a reply to you in my own words. You respond by telling me to stop copying others, and then copy and paste a massive link that doesn't even state conclusively that she wasn't simply a pregnant 12 year old.

More important than that, what about the simple fact that Jews don't believe in hell. What defense would you like to copy and paste here?

Stop copying means saying things you hear at the coffee house. Do some of your own reasearch, if you find something you think is relevant post it and we will debate or we can go with your method.....

Look it up dip sh!t

It's okay. I'm Jesus, and I forgive you.

Careful with that.
I talk a lot of crap on here as well as in real life. It's cool, fun, and I enjoy the debate. But seriously for just a second.... be careful it the area of mocking God. Bad things tend to happen. I would prefer that you just take shots at me if that's ok with you.

I know you meant nothing by that but it really does concern me.

Anyway.
I was forgiven about 14 years ago. I'm covered for past and future issues.

Really. So the jews didn't believe that there were two seperate compartments to "sheol"? One for the rightous and one for the just. Jesus never spoke on Hell? It was his followers that made that up to scare people?

Interesting

Jesus never spoke in the Old Testament. And Sheol was a place of nothing. Far closer to purgatory, or the atheists belief that absolutely nothing happens after death; than it is to the Christian hell.

Jesus never spoke in the Old Testament. And Sheol was a place of nothing. Far closer to purgatory, or the atheists belief that absolutely nothing happens after death; than it is to the Christian hell.

Uh, Jesus was under the old testament law days. New Testament didn't start until he was raised from the dead.

Uh, Jesus was under the old testament law days. New Testament didn't start until he was raised from the dead.

How is that relevant to our argument?

But if you want to bring up the law, why wouldn't a perfect god get things right the first time? Why'd he have to change the rules?

Reading is fundamental.

I was answering both of your questions in one post. I will do a better job of seperating thoughts so you can keep up from now on.

If Sheol was a place of nothing why did the jews (then and now) think there are two seperate compartments? One for the just and one for the unjust.

*seperate issue*
Jesus preached on hell as a warning. Eariler I explained my belief of what hell is. Without going into great detail Hell is a seperation of access to God. ( over simplaction would be seperation of anything good) it is hardly as are tactic made up by Jesus's followers.

But if you want to bring up the law, why wouldn't a perfect god get things right the first time? Why'd he have to change the rules?

Mathew 5: 17-18
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

*warning* I'm copying and pasting again.

I was just answering your ignorant question when you said Jesus never spoke in the OT. He was under the OT Law days while spreading the Good News of God's Love & acceptance. Don't need to get all spiffy & butthurt.

My personal bias is well documented in these forums. for those of you who don't know, I'm a Conservative religious nut job. I believe God created all things billions of years ago and gave it a push. from there everything evolved after it's own kind. My question is for those who come from an opposing view point.
How did life spontaneously start form non living mater?

Breath

I was just answering your ignorant question when you said Jesus never spoke in the OT. He was under the OT Law days while spreading the Good News of God's Love & acceptance. Don't need to get all spiffy & butthurt.

In the portion of your holy book known as the Old Testament, Jesus never spoke. And he'll was never mentioned.

Reading is fundamental.

I was answering both of your questions in one post. I will do a better job of seperating thoughts so you can keep up from now on.

If Sheol was a place of nothing why did the jews (then and now) think there are two seperate compartments? One for the just and one for the unjust.

*seperate issue*
Jesus preached on hell as a warning. Eariler I explained my belief of what hell is. Without going into great detail Hell is a seperation of access to God. ( over simplaction would be seperation of anything good) it is hardly as are tactic made up by Jesus's followers.

Lol so you're telling me sheol is exactly the same as both heaven and hell?

In the portion of your holy book known as the Old Testament, Jesus never spoke. And he'll was never mentioned.

You've gone full retard today. Never mentioned? You need to read Isaiah Chapter 53 in the Old Testament if you can find it. Plus the whole theme of the Old Testament points to Jesus. You seemed to be very ignorant of these things dude. You need to just stop talking stupid because it shows you know nothing about what you're posting. Plus....Jesus was living in the Old Testament Law days......what is that about you don't understand? The New Testament started when He was raised from the dead.

Last edited:
You've gone full retard today. Never mentioned? You need to read Isaiah Chapter 53 in the Old Testament if you can find it. Plus the whole theme of the Old Testament points to Jesus. You seemed to be very ignorant of these things dude. You need to just stop talking stupid because it shows you know nothing about what you're posting.

What you read as hell was a mistranslation of Sheol. It's a Jewish afterlife far closer to purgatory than heaven or hell.

VN Store

Back