-- Port au Prince, Haiti
-- Washington, DC
-- Fort Bragg, NC
-- Tampa, FL
-- Doha, Qatar
-- Carlisle, PA
-- Wilmington, NC
-- Lebanon, TN

Total 26 moves in 30 years (after 17 years all in my home town growing up). I'm tired, haha.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Not a lot of upward career growth potential for myself or my wife in SW Virginia. We'll probably end up in DC or overseas.

I work at Walter Reed Army Medical Base. I wouldn't move up here unless you look for a job that has telework or you like sitting in traffic. I live between Baltimore and D.C. When I leave my house at 4:45 AM, my drive isn't too bad. But northern VA is already a logjam. Just an FYI. Good luck to you and your wife in whatever you decide to do.

I work at Walter Reed Army Medical Base. I wouldn't move up here unless you look for a job that has telework or you like sitting in traffic. I live between Baltimore and D.C. When I leave my house at 4:45 AM, my drive isn't too bad. But northern VA is already a logjam. Just an FYI. Good luck to you and your wife in whatever you decide to do.
I'd likely be in a commuting situation maybe twice a week, the rest from home. I'm not eager to be in DC, that's just the natural career path for now.

I've lived in KY all of my life, but will always bleed orange in BBN! Surprisingly I have two friends in my small town that are Vols fans which is rare because majority are either Cats or Cards fans.

No kidding. I live in Fredericksburg off of 95 and my commute is 2 miles. Shoot me now if I had to do the commute that most people around here do. VRE is great, but I hate even driving to DCA.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
I've lived in KY all of my life, but will always bleed orange in BBN! Surprisingly I have two friends in my small town that are Vols fans which is rare because majority are either Cats or Cards fans.
Born and raised in Ky myself

VN Store

Back