Where are Lady VOLS TV Games!

kxtop

It seems that very few of their games are televised (not even on ESPN+)?? What is a good source for their TV schedule?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It seems that very few of their games are televised (not even on ESPN+)?? What is a good source for their TV schedule?
Don't understand that comment. Almost all have been on ESPN+ except for the one that was on the ACC network. Today's game was.

Every one of the Lady Vol games is carried live, either on a broadcast station or streamed on the SECN+ (which, by the way, is really no different than ESPN+, which is a streaming service). Where the particular games may be found is listed on the Lady Vols schedule on utsports.com.

I will say that I have observed that a number of people who are familiar with ESPN+ seem to have difficulty with the concept of SECN+. Anyone who has access to the SEC Network through their tv provider, either cable, satellite, or streaming, has access to SECN+ through the ESPN app, the same as with ESPN+. The only difference is that you have to have a standalone subscription for ESPN+ that is not required for SECN+.

Jim

Heck we are playing mostly lower level mid majors and just average P5 schools no big network wants to cover that. Besides Texas our schedule is a joke no matter what some RPI says.

Reactions: vettefool
Why are you so worked up about their schedule? It's been improved greatly.
Unlike most fans I enjoy watching 2 good teams play. Like I said 2-3 lower teams are fine but we are running thru the whole state of Tn mid majors. Texas was great now Va tech don’t look so good but at least they were suppose to be good. Nothing wrong with Kansas and Okie St at least they are middle of the road P5 and Stanford is going to be a challenge but ETSU and Chatt not good why bother. 3/4 of the SEC will be bad.

Unlike most fans I enjoy watching 2 good teams play. Like I said 2-3 lower teams are fine but we are running thru the whole state of Tn mid majors. Texas was great now Va tech don’t look so good but at least they were suppose to be good. Nothing wrong with Kansas and Okie St at least they are middle of the road P5 and Stanford is going to be a challenge but ETSU and Chatt not good why bother. 3/4 of the SEC will be bad.

One thing I don't think you are taking into account is the money aspect of scheduling. Athletic directors like home games because they a) bring in money from the fans who actually attend the games , and b) they eliminate the cost of travel. When contracting with the better teams, thay can, and do, demand a home-and-home. Which means an expensive trip the next year. Scheduling teams within a close geographic proximity generally means a lower cost of travel, hence the preference for schools close by such as Chattanooga and ETSU. Are there other factors that go into developing a schedule, such as fan preference and effect of the scheduling on post-season placement? Of course there are, but these are just some of the things that a coaching staff must consider in arranging a schedule every year. And, I would be willing to bet that the cost associated with scheduling Stanford, UConn, Texas (as long as they're out-of-conference) and other big name schools like Notre Dame, Oregon and Duke doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room in the budget. JMNSHO

Jim

One thing I don't think you are taking into account is the money aspect of scheduling. Athletic directors like home games because they a) bring in money from the fans who actually attend the games , and b) they eliminate the cost of travel. When contracting with the better teams, thay can, and do, demand a home-and-home. Which means an expensive trip the next year. Scheduling teams within a close geographic proximity generally means a lower cost of travel, hence the preference for schools close by such as Chattanooga and ETSU. Are there other factors that go into developing a schedule, such as fan preference and effect of the scheduling on post-season placement? Of course there are, but these are just some of the things that a coaching staff must consider in arranging a schedule every year. And, I would be willing to bet that the cost associated with scheduling Stanford, UConn, Texas (as long as they're out-of-conference) and other big name schools like Notre Dame, Oregon and Duke doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room in the budget. JMNSHO

Jim
Also,keeping money in the state!!! And a chance to play your bench players

Heck we are playing mostly lower level mid majors and just average P5 schools no big network wants to cover that. Besides Texas our schedule is a joke no matter what some RPI says.
If our schedule is a joke, what do you think of the 300 teams below us? Get real dude. Nobody plays a top 25 opponent every game. Never have and never will.

All teams schedule games with teams that they can play at home without having to return a game on the road. If your playing an entire conference schedule and three or four other top opponents then the rest will be games against teams that are willing to play you at home and you don't have to play them the next season on the road. Not one team in WBB or Men's college basketball that doesn't do this. Have been doing it forever and will continue until the end of time.

If our schedule is a joke, what do you think of the 300 teams below us? Get real dude. Nobody plays a top 25 opponent every game. Never have and never will.
come SEC play we won’t be playing mid majors we will be facing some good P5 opponents every game lol think PG1 posts have always been about our schedule like I have yet to see something different from him/her

Our schedule is good. If you’re going to pick a hill to die on at least pick one that makes sense. We have played a tough schedule and it’s going to get tougher.

Our schedule is good. If you’re going to pick a hill to die on at least pick one that makes sense. We have played a tough schedule and it’s going to get tougher.
Yes Chattanooga and Johnson City should prove to be a staunch challenge 😂

What is your obsession with our schedule 😭😭
I just don’t know what has happened to our schedule over the years get excited and plan a day around watching a game and bam we play a team that is not very good. Let’s face it some of the Knox area HS teams could beat more than half the teams on our OOC schedule.

We should not strive to be one of those nobody’s you mentioned above. 🏆

No one cares about your delusions. I know you would love to see the LVs lose every game. Let’s just schedule only top 5 teams. Maybe they will be willing to play us more than once otherwise it will be a short season.

What is your obsession with our schedule 😭😭

PG1 is dirt vile’s alter ego. Both attack Kellie ceaselessly,one on recruiting,the other on scheduling. Both are wannabes who use this forum to spout their views ad infinitum.Their schtick has become so tiresome. Dirt should get on his hero Jeff Walz’ coattails and pg should try to become the world’s chief schedule maker.

VN Store

Back