When was the last time?

EverythingOrange

When was the LAST time that we (as Tennessee fans) cared SO much about other teams ranked in the Top 10! / 15! (And how that they influenced US?!!)

1998?!!! — 2001?!!!

OK - so Georgia is #1 - And if they win out, It helps TN!

Ohio State is # 2 - And if they win out, It helps TN!

Michigan is # 3 - And if they win out, It could Still help TN!

TCU is # 4 - If they win out, it might be a problem…..

— But , I still think that the loss by Ohio State - vs - Michigan is to TN’s advantage…..

# 5 TENNESSEE - We’re in a GOOD Spot!

# 6 Oregon - now has Two Losses!

# 7 LSU already has TWO losses- And ONE to Tennessee!

# 8 (EIGHT!) USC already has ONE loss to # 13 UTAH….

# 9 Alabubba - already has TWO Losses…. (One to Tennessee & and another one to a team that Tennessee already beat [LSU])!

# 10 Clemson (in a WEAK ACC) lost to un-ranked Notre Dame…

# 11 Ole Miss; # 12 UCLA; # 13 UTAH; & # 14 Penn State already have TWO losses….. And # 15 North Carolina 9-1 (Who cares? - unless they can beat Clemson)…

Looking GOOD! — Hope the Poll-sters agree!

Go VOLS!!!!!! 🍊 🍊 🍊!!!!!!

I’ve said all along the Michigan vs OSU will sort itself out.

Georgia needs to win out but don’t count out LSU. They have improved a lot.

Not sure TCU loses a game until the playoffs where they will be crushed badly by any team they play.

Only team behind us with a shot is LSU should they win the SEC. That would be an issue.

Reactions: Remy
The criteria for selecting the four teams is to select the 4 BEST teams. according to their own words. All we can do (the team) is to win out and just see what happens. I won't like it if we miss the play offs, but if we do, we should get a very good bowl........win, win.

Am I remembering wrong? I thought in the past the college playoff committee will have the top 4 in place for the playoffs before the SEC championship game. They have I swear in the past ignored the result because of the games happening a week past the final poll comes out. At least some of the other power 5 leagues championships have been null b/c of this. I'm getting old and don't trust my memory heh. Correct me if I am wrong.

Am I remembering wrong? I thought in the past the college playoff committee will have the top 4 in place for the playoffs before the SEC championship game. They have I swear in the past ignored the result because of the games happening a week past the final poll comes out. At least some of the other power 5 leagues championships have been null b/c of this. I'm getting old and don't trust my memory heh. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think you're off on this one mate

I’ve said all along the Michigan vs OSU will sort itself out.

Georgia needs to win out but don’t count out LSU. They have improved a lot.

Not sure TCU loses a game until the playoffs where they will be crushed badly by any team they play.

Only team behind us with a shot is LSU should they win the SEC. That would be an issue.

No, it wouldn't. We beat them bad in their house and they have 2 losses, one to us.

No, it wouldn't. We beat them bad in their house and they have 2 losses, one to us.

I gotta admit. I never expected LSU to be in this situation. Also never woulda thought that game vs Florida St could cost them the playoffs. And we still clapped them in their own building😂😂

The last time i watched it this close was 98 every week it was like someone lost to move us up

The criteria for selecting the four teams is to select the 4 BEST teams. according to their own words. All we can do (the team) is to win out and just see what happens. I won't like it if we miss the play offs, but if we do, we should get a very good bowl........win, win.
Exactly...Their intention is to get the best teams. Not to give every conference a shot. OSU vs Mich knocks one out and we are #4. No need to make up different scenarios were we aren't.

Reactions: volfan4evr
LSU isn’t a contender even if they were to beat Ga. How on earth to you crown a team NC with a 27 pt loss at home?

VN Store

Back