When is selection Sunday for the women?

Yes, I wonder why they wait so long after after conference tournament to announce. I am sure they have the brackets filled out a couple days after the conference tournaments. This makes the teams/players/fans wait a week wondering if/who/where they will be playing. Not very considerate IMO. I guess maybe it takes a little while to check with the colleges hosting games to make sure the stadiums are available, etc..

Reactions: RollerVol
Yes, I wonder why they wait so long after after conference tournament to announce. I am sure they have the brackets filled out a couple days after the conference tournaments. This makes the teams/players/fans wait a week wondering if/who/where they will be playing. Not very considerate IMO. I guess maybe it takes a little while to check with the colleges hosting games to make sure the stadiums are available, etc..
Tournaments aren't over. A lot of mid major tournaments to be played into this weekend.

Charlie Crème has Tennessee in as a #11 Seed playing #6 Seed Florida State in College Park,Maryland in the NCAA Tournament. At this point FSU would pound Tennessee in my opinion.

Reactions: T.J.
I am surprised that the Arkansas run to the championship game didn't get them in Charlie Cremes bracketology but Tennessee is still in. I thought "end of season" runs carried more weight. Good for Tennessee but leaves questions about the criteria that is used.

I am surprised that the Arkansas run to the championship game didn't get them in Charlie Cremes bracketology but Tennessee is still in. I thought "end of season" runs carried more weight. Good for Tennessee but leaves questions about the criteria that is used.
I think that Arkansas just didn't have enough in their resume. Even with the wins vs. SC and TAMU, those are their only top 50 wins of the season...and they did lose 8 out of 9 to end the season.

Playing Devil's Advocate, it's possible the committee could decide that Hogs 2 Top 20 wins in the tournament were more impressive than Tennessee beating a bunch of other bubble teams + Missouri/Texas. I don't think it's confirmed that they are in or out, but I do think the odds are stacked against Arkansas, but slightly more favorable (probably injustly) for Tennessee.

Yes it seems in the men’s game it’s about who was playing good or got hot at the end but in the women’s game it’s about name on front of jersey! Oh well maybe we can win a game or 2! Save Holly her job!

The LVs still have a better SOS and RPI than Arkansas even after the SEC tourney, though Arkansas improved both of those with their impressive performance in the tourney.

making sure all the checks have arrived...:D:D

GO VOLS!

Based on a lot of factors, I believe TN is safely in.

But one possible downside.... Mississippi State's cakewalk through the SEC Tourney combined with surprising losses by ranked SEC teams (South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Kentucky) may have lowered the Committee's opinion of the SEC overall. And remember, the SEC was already rated lower than the other Power Five conferences.

Charlie is usually pretty pro-SEC, and makes numerous appearances on the SEC Network. His opinions are his own and don't usually match up exactly with the Committee's.

Charlie has Mizzou as a 5-seed and A&M as 4-seed, but neither team would qualify for those seeds based on today's AP poll (which I know is not what the Committee uses, but according to the AP poll, SC, A&M, and KY fell 11 slots down collectively in the weekly poll and Mizzou barely makes the Top 30, which would make them a 7 or 8-seed rather than a 5).

If all these SEC teams drop a slot from Creme's rankings, then it would make sense that Auburn could fall to an 11-seed and TN, which has no place to fall, could be pushed out.

VN Store

Back