When are we ever going to have quality depth?

I was one of the fans who worried about the Heupel hire. Not against it but I did worry and still do. He had a demonstrated history, though rather short, of not being a killer recruitor.

Last year he pulled in a disappointing class ranked 18th by 247. 17th is not going to get the job done. It will not build the kind of depth the OP or I am looking for.

Getting a top QB like Nico won't do it. We need a bunch of players ranked like him to do it. Can Heupel accomplish this?

Something for all of us to watch. I do worry about this.

Counterpoint: we did pretty well considering the NCAA stuff looming and a first year coaching staff. You don't think the Pruitt issues poisoned a lot of wells? We then took 5 transfers, a couple of which will likely play soon. Not exactly a turd after not knowing if we could even take a full class.

Re: Nico...you don't think that it's a big deal? We just backed up his commitment with Herring and Davis. Pretty bright prospects considering it's April.

I think KY's improvement has been seen...but also think it shows the difference of having over all improved talent w/o having a top notch QB. Granted, they've got a decent one, but playing the "limited possessions slow ball" mentality usually doesn't line up with putting enough points on the board to win vs high caliber offenses/teams...which may end up being a reason KY hits the ceiling...coaching philosophy. But, to your point, Butch signed good classes, but couldn't keep them on campus, so was always a revolving door (always youngest team in SEC). IF JH keeps recruiting and keeps players on campus, we'll stay on a path of improvement.
Didn’t UK throw it all over the place last year?

Why were you disappointed with a 17th ranked class? He did a great job getting a class ranked that high with the potential NCAA violations and being a first year coach at UT.

Because he's hoping CJH fails. You have as many people for as you do against him and they won't stop until they get what they want. Let UT go 10-2 this year and then they will change their tune.

This was directed to whom you answered.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back