When Animals Attack

Dummy! I think I told y'all about the Grizzly we saw on the side of the road in British Columbia. Huge, powerful animal. Just minding his business, digging grubs out of a fallen log. The tour bus stopped so that we could look at the bear. An idiotic woman hopped off the bus to take a picture. Wish the guide had driven on without her.

This is my last wild animal/stupid people story. Maybe. We were on our way to Mexico, dragging the camper, and stopped in San Antonio to visit Brackenridge Park (zoo.) This was back when some of the animals were uncaged and simply kept behind retaining walls. The park had gumball machines that dispensed cracked corn so that you could feed the animals. I had a handful of corn and stopped at the zebra pen. I'd fed enough horses to know not to curl my fingers up. I was feeding a zebra, absolutely mesmerized by it's beauty. Another one walks up and bites me on my outstretched forearm. Mom freaked. Super ugly wound. Crooked teeth. I had that scar for a long, long time.

I saw some stupid spectator stuff in Yellowstone before. People in general do not understand the term "wild animal." I used to be less judgemental of the general public. Seeing how ugly some can act in these posted videos is disturbing. Meeting the public face to face 20 hours a week in a retail environment is extremely frightening. The average IQ and rate of absorption and comprehension is astoundingly scary. There's far more stupid out there than one realizes.

I saw some stupid spectator stuff in Yellowstone before. People in general do not understand the term "wild animal." I used to be less judgemental of the general public. Seeing how ugly some can act in these posted videos is disturbing. Meeting the public face to face 20 hours a week in a retail environment is extremely frightening. The average IQ and rate of absorption and comprehension is astoundingly scary. There's far more stupid out there than one realizes.

I've been blaming warning labels for years based on this observation. There are a lot of genes floating around now that natural selection would have taken out if we'd just let them shower with hair dryers/etc.

Maybe police should have brought the dog in for questioning instead of killing it. It might have been abused by the owner. Justified homicide.

thumb_why-is-there-a-show-called-when-animals-attack-it-4789349.png

VN Store

Back