What's the problem?

The entire team looked and played like losers today. The selfish unsportsmanlike crap has to stop.
I saw a high school game last night where the losing team looked like we did today, they wanted to fight ater every play, even though they were getting their asses whooped, that's coaching...you sit their ass down or yank their playing time but whatever you do you get the team under control and take ownership of the situation

Only people delusional are the ones that think the best chance of winning is with JG starting. That includes Pruitt, he needs to get his head out of his ass and find a starting QB bc JG is one the worst in all of college football. The team knows they cannot win with him as starter
The defense was flat in the 2nd half.
I don’t think they quit. It’s just hard to maintain the fire when you know it’s not going to change the outcome.
I think it was actually the Strout int that did it for the D.

Reactions: EZE
A few years down the road when Pruitt has been gone for awhile. I think there will be insider whispers of how in over his head he really was.

Reactions: jakeaaal
Coaching is really bad. We didn't come prepared and we still haven't adjusted to stop the slant since game 1
We don’t come prepared and have yet to make any adjustments during halftime. We totally regress. Even when we have a positive play, we create untimely penalties, fumble, or throw a pick. I’m beginning to think we just want to settle on beating no body of relevance, but we couldn’t even do this today. Clearly KY wanted this more and outplayed and certainly out coached us. No reason to have this happen to a fan base or community every single year!

The defense was flat in the 2nd half.
I don’t think they quit. It’s just hard to maintain the fire when you know it’s not going to change the outcome.
I think it was actually the Strout int that did it for the D.

When your QB fumbles, throws back to back pick sixes and the backup QB comes in and throws a pick the team got demoralized. The fact that JG was in there to begin with is on Pruitt! Not a good look. Pruitt now looks more incompetent than Jones.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Is it Pruitt or JG? Or something else?

Offensive coordinator:

Former Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freezehas emerged as a primary target at Tennessee to fill the Vols' offensive coordinator vacancy, according to ESPN insider Chris Low, who has more than two decades of experience covering the Vols and the SEC.Nov 28, 2018

That there is part of the problem-the fact that it didn’t happen and supposedly it was Fulmer who put a stop to it.

Having a stupid Gump that doesn’t know what he’s doing is the problem.

Regarding JG, I was reading an obituary today about a graphic designer who was responsible for many world famous, iconic logotypes and typefaces.

In an interview, he said young people often ask him if he could teach them to be a great graphic artist. He said he can only give them the tools. To be great, they have to have the eye and innate ability. Otherwise, it's like asking if he could teach someone to be a great writer. Sure, he said. Here's a dictionary. Now just arrange the words. Or teaching someone to write a hit song. Here are all the notes in the scale. Just put them in the right order.

1st I think it’s the QB coach. Have not seen any substantial development. Pruitt, at least, got fired up last year after our 1st two losses and took charge. Today JG showed

On offense it a combination of qb play and OL coaching. I've been saying this for a while we CAN NOT win with JG. Also qb coaching is now in question because this guy has not gotten any better at all. With a 10 game in conference schedule you absolutely can't afford to lose to lil brothers of the poor in Ky and Candy. Right now we might only be better than Candy and Mizzou.

I honestly think JG has been a cancer for this team for years.. Then Pruitt for sticking with him. I've followed the Vols since 68 and this is the longest stretch that it just seems like most of the players don't have UT pride....

What ever happened during halftime at Georgia caused the coaching staff to lose the team. We played are best ball first half of Georgia and its been down hill ever since.

A big step up?...that koolaid is really working
Yes. CJP has forgotten more about football than the previous 2 know. He isn’t a head coach either though. It appears that he’s not learning on the job. We should all hope he figures it out because my university has proven that they’re not going to hire any differently next time.
I’m on record saying we are not winning another championship in my lifetime and I stand by that. My university gives not one **** about winning championships.

Reactions: hog88
1. Chaney poor play caller. His style cannot score enough points to beat the better teams. They are ole school run-to-pass; they need to be pass-to-run.
2. QB must learn to step up into the pocket to gain a little more time; JC seems to never do it.
3. Off line must practice first to be much better at pass blocking.
4. QB must be a threat to RUN on any run play, and RUN sometimes.
Unless some major actions are taken quickly, they will be lucky to get 4 wins this season. Sad.

VN Store

Back