What's happening in other conference tournaments

lvocd

I don't know if anyone here tries to keep up with results of other conference tournaments outside the SEC, but if you do, it'd be great if you could post if you think there might be teams that may get NCAA Tourney berths after making Cinderella runs through their tourneys. While I love a good Cinderella story, Tennessee can't afford for too many of those to happen!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
well, SEMO just beat Belmont 114-99 and will face UT-Martin for the OVC championship tomorrow at 3p ----- OVC will only get one bid, no matter who wins

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone here tries to keep up with results of other conference tournaments outside the SEC, but if you do, it'd be great if you could post if you think there might be teams that may get NCAA Tourney berths after making Cinderella runs through their tourneys. While I love a good Cinderella story, Tennessee can't afford for too many of those to happen!
Tennessee has several issues, a high RPI, barely beat Missouri and got assaulted by Kentucky, among other things. Unless there are a lot of miracles, I think Tennessee gets into the NCAA Tournament. The big question is for how long? This team looks further South than I thought they would be at this point. If I were KJH, I would be checking the portal, grad transfers and JUCO,

Mountain West champ is Boise State (24-9) who beat Fresno State 80-76 in overtime when Fresno (supposedly) called a timeout they didn't have (ouch!) ---- fourth consecutive NCAA tournament, seventh overall. The Broncos are 0-6 all-time in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: dapeak
NCSU beat Georgia Tech 57-48 in the ACC Women's Basketball Tournament. Georgia Tech is 20-11 and NCSU is 26-4.

ranked teams, Iowa and Northwestern, both got upset in Big 10 quarterfinals --- semis are ranked Indiana v. Maryland and unranked Michigan v. Ohio State

speaking of upsets, Chattanooga got upset by Mercer in their first SoCon tourney game, so the Mocs are not going dancing this year

Mountain West champ is Boise State (24-9) who beat Fresno State 80-76 in overtime when Fresno (supposedly) called a timeout they didn't have (ouch!) ---- fourth consecutive NCAA tournament, seventh overall. The Broncos are 0-6 all-time in the NCAA tournament.
Not sure but Fresno should get an at-large bid.

ranked teams, Iowa and Northwestern, both got upset in Big 10 quarterfinals --- semis are ranked Indiana v. Maryland and unranked Michigan v. Ohio State

speaking of upsets, Chattanooga got upset by Mercer in their first SoCon tourney game, so the Mocs are not going dancing this year
SoCon is a 1 bid league this year.. top to bottom bad records/resumes

in OVC Final - 32-19 SEMO at the half ---- Martin has 14 TOs and Perry is 0-5 FG and 1-4 FT for one point

Southeast Missouri is in ---- they suddenly found their confidence after beating TennTech in overtime by one with a last second 3 --- went on to swamp the co-champs Belmont and Martin

VN Store

Back