What year did this board begin?

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
I know this board was redone in 2010 but it began way before that. A lot of us used to post under different names. It was a free for all in here. Cussing and threats were common. Advertisers started coming on board and that stuff had to go away. It seems like I was posting on here in the late 90's or early 2000's. Does anyone know for sure what year VolNation started? I remember people bitching because when it was redone in 2010 they lost a lot of likes.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I know this board was redone in 2010 but it began way before that. A lot of us used to post under different names. It was a free for all in here. Cussing and threats were common. Advertisers started coming on board and that stuff had to go away. It seems like I was posting on here in the late 90's or early 2000's. Does anyone know for sure what year VolNation started? I remember people bitching because when it was redone in 2010 they lost a lot of likes.
2003 I believe

Note sure about the cussing and free for all. We’ve always had pretty much the same guidelines. The software change was in 2018, not 2010. As for the start of the board, it began in August of 2003.

Note sure about the cussing and free for all. We’ve always had pretty much the same guidelines. The software change was in 2018, not 2010. As for the start of the board, it began in August of 2003.

This board and posters from the Dawgrant would go back and forth and it was a lot rougher then.

I believe I joined in 2004. I may be partial, but I think this is the best-run college football fan site on the 'net. Big thanks to Freak and the other mods. This is a great time to be appreciative of those who work hard to bring joy to our lives.

There's not much of this that is factual, lol. Kinda funny considering the state of the times.

Was there not any major changes between 2003 and 2018? I would think mobile responsive update of some kind would have been needed at some point.

Don’t know what you are talking about but you never do.
I‘m with PJ and Volly. I don’t remember any of what you’re referring to. Nothing changed in 2010, the likes thing just happened in 2018. We’ve always tried to moderate language. And I don’t even know what Dawgrant is.

Was there not any major changes between 2003 and 2018? I would think mobile responsive update of some kind would have been needed at some point.
We added some custom mobile responsiveness to the board at some point along the way. But it was more a case of customizing what we already had in order to make it more mobile friendly. We’ve only changed software twice: once in 2006 when the site was still in its infancy and more recently in 2018.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I‘m with PJ and Volly. I don’t remember any of what you’re referring to. Nothing changed in 2010, the likes thing just happened in 2018. We’ve always tried to moderate language. And I don’t even know what Dawgrant is.
Well you don't know what you're talking about and you never do!

Reactions: TBrown

VN Store

Back