What would you do If you were the AD hiring a women's basketball Coach.

Volfan2012

The stipulations are that you can't pay more than one million dollars that is all you want to spend as a budget. You can get anyone you like as long as they are willing to accept a salary under a million.

I would go out and get Rick Byrd to come in for two seasons as head coach or some older person with enormous coaching experience. I would hire Kara Lawson as Associate Head coach and she would be the coach in waiting after Byrd two year contract ran out. This would be an opportunity for Kara to run the team under the guidance of a coach that is totally experienced that has done a marvelous job coaching for several decades. I think this would satisfy most Tennessee fans some that want Kara regardless of experience and others that say would be bad because she has no head coaching experience in WCCB play. I really don't know if he would accept maybe there are others that would, but the deal would be they would only be coach for a couple of seasons it would be Kara's job after that period of time.

This is just an hypothesis certainly don't think anything like this will happen, but something to do while we wait for a coach to be named.

Reactions: PointGuard
If I were Phil Fulmer I would have talked to

Jeff Walz
Gail Goestenkors
Wes Moore
Quinten Hillsman
Kellie Jolly Harper

The stipulations are that you can't pay more than one million dollars that is all you want to spend as a budget. You can get anyone you like as long as they are willing to accept a salary under a million.

I would go out and get Rick Byrd to come in for two seasons as head coach or some older person with enormous coaching experience. I would hire Kara Lawson as Associate Head coach and she would be the coach in waiting after Byrd two year contract ran out. This would be an opportunity for Kara to run the team under the guidance of a coach that is totally experienced that has done a marvelous job coaching for several decades. I think this would satisfy most Tennessee fans some that want Kara regardless of experience and others that say would be bad because she has no head coaching experience in WCCB play. I really don't know if he would accept maybe there are others that would, but the deal would be they would only be coach for a couple of seasons it would be Kara's job after that period of time.

This is just an hypothesis certainly don't think anything like this will happen, but something to do while we wait for a coach to be named.
NO!

The first thing I would do would be check out the Lady Vol forum to feel the pulse of Lady Vol fans and avail myself of their expertise. Finding so many names being bandied about as possible coach hires, the next thing I would do is start a poll. When the results of the poll were in by I'd hire the fan favorite.

I would make a list of existing coaches who have coached a team to the final 4. Whittle it down to 4 names, then go after them whatever it takes. Hopefully that is being done.

You need to also consider any VFL that thinks they should be considered to avoid pissing them off. Nice to say you were strongly considered if you did not get a job you feel like you deserve.

Get a coach with experience in the job description.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Ivey or Harper. Have to think UT will not pay a lot unless I am wrong. Ivey or Harper and staff will cost less then $1 million. Program is not making money at the present but could with a few good years. But really anyone could do better then Holley, even most of the high school coaches in Tennessee.

UNC Chapel Hill degree.
51AiYmj7IIL._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
IF I WAS AD... I would be socking money in the bank as best I could because I know that no matter who is hired, the fangs will be out for me.

Reactions: Cees

VN Store

Back