What would be the reaction if they went this route?

Cutt is comfortable where he is. he's earned a lower-pressure job where he can retire for good on his own terms. he's not coming back to UTK or any other high- pressure P5 school.

Forget it, that time has passed. I've been thinking about it and decided, Kiffin is the answer. Freeze has too much baggage, and if you check his record out minus the forfeited games for cheating, pretty pedestrian (I'll give you the Liberty stuff, which does keep him interesting ). Kiffin has been here, he knows the demands and landscape. He has lots of experience, he is an offensive genius, he's a great recruiter, and he can build a staff--and I think he'd like a second chance in Knoxville. Just MHO.
Kiffin as HC, LOL.
1) Overrated as HC.
2) Proven once he would leave if given an opportunity at a location which would be more desirable for him.
3) All he has us brashness and witty comments.
Style over substance and a bigger sleaseball than all the other sleaseball Coaches whose names are being floated here on VN as HC candidates.

Reactions: BigBadVol

We should’ve hired Cut instead of CDD or CBJ. CLK was the right hire, however his poor decision to leave made that hire a disaster. I thing Cut would’ve been good directly after Fulmer, I just don’t think he would’ve taken it then and the fan base would’ve ****. Cut if we don’t Hire Freeze if we fire Pruitt.

I don’t think our AD, Administration or Boosters care enough to put our program back where it belongs.

Reactions: Malivol
Yep. Get away from the old geezers like 69-year old NIck Saban... who needs these old antiques.
(Not that I don't agree with you, by-the-way)
Well if there’s another saban who’d come to TN that’d be different lol

If we can’t get one of the TOP guys like Freeze or Urban, I’m all in for Coach Cut. I would have never said that prior to Pruitt but we need a pick me up to just get us going in the right direction and he can do it. He’s pretty close to a sure thing. He’s proven. Let us get going in the right direction to make Tennessee more desirable and when he retires pick up somebody good. With that being said, Coach Cut would be an idiot to leave his setup at Duke for this dumpster fire. It is what it is sadly. 🤷‍♂️

This is the only accurate statement in the article: "We’ll hear rumors of Hugh Freeze, Urban Meyer, and Bob Stoops. There will be madness and chaos. And then the Vols probably won’t land any of those names."

If I recall, years ago, Cut had just developed/learned of his heart condition and didnt want the pressure of a bigtime football school program anymore after Ole Miss. which was why Duke was the perfect landing spot for him. Not a lot of pressure to win in football like BB and if he did win, just gravy for Duke

This should have been done after Kiffin left....for now it is a backup to a backup plan. What it means is they didn’t have a plan when they fired Pruitt and we would be in the middle of another crazy coaching search
They should have just let Kippy run the program until the market opened up instead of making a rush hire. UT was more attractive and could still attract a quality coach at that time.

If I recall, years ago, Cut had just developed/learned of his heart condition and didnt want the pressure of a bigtime football school program anymore after Ole Miss. which was why Duke was the perfect landing spot for him. Not a lot of pressure to win in football like BB and if he did win, just gravy for Duke

Plus, from reports from those who know him, David is one of the good guys in coaching.

I thought about Cutt earlier. I wonder why Phil didn't go there when hiring Pruitt? Did Cutt just sign an extension? Interesting.
I think Cut is fine finishing his career at Duke.
Low stress job and rebuilding in the SEC at his age is probably not appealing.

And honestly, I dont blame him.

Kiffin as HC, LOL.
1) Overrated as HC.
2) Proven once he would leave if given an opportunity at a location which would be more desirable for him.
3) All he has us brashness and witty comments.
Style over substance and a bigger sleaseball than all the other sleaseball Coaches whose names are being floated here on VN as HC candidates.
Welp, that's your opinion. Each and every point in your response, plus your little addendum, could easily be refuted, but since all your points offered opinion and no facts, I'll just say I disagree.

Fulmer should take over HC duties, make Pruitt DC. Both keep their same pay (Fulmer should be glad to do this since he hired this mess). Pruitt will then be forced to make a decision whether to be deemed a total failure as a HC or choose to quit and maybe take an NFL job with the chance of being a HC sometime, somewhere in a land far away.

VN Store

Back