What will Fall 2020 look like?

preacherman20

With guys moving in this weekend, my son and I have lots of talks about the even greater need to compete this fall for positions with all the guys coming back that thought they would be drafted and those who are getting an extra year and such. But I also wonder what all the Covid-19 stuff will do to fall baseball. Will they practice the same and have any outside scrimmages? I just hope they get to do the entire fall.

Reactions: td23
I imagine fall 2020 will look something like....
fall-colour--stanley-park-seawall--vancouver--british-columbia--canada--879671352-5a77c1c8642dca0037b05a39.jpg

But hopefully with sports.

With guys moving in this weekend, my son and I have lots of talks about the even greater need to compete this fall for positions with all the guys coming back that thought they would be drafted and those who are getting an extra year and such. But I also wonder what all the Covid-19 stuff will do to fall baseball. Will they practice the same and have any outside scrimmages? I just hope they get to do the entire fall.
Don’t know about D1 but juco has a window of playing that starts 9/15 thru 11/15. They can play 15 games during the window. Practices start 8/31 I think. Maybe the vols will do something like that.

D1 only gets 2 dates in the past to play outside scrimmages and there was talk that those would be done away with. I hope they get to scrimmage each other and work on all the things they normally do. The outside scrimmages are not do or die but are good to get to play someone else.

This ain’t thread worthy...and it’s slightly off topic, but Nebraska is having a baseball scrimmage at huskers.com right now.

The answer is yeah, I am that hard up. 😜

I'm hearing intersquad scrimmages will begin 10/1 and will be streamed for viewing. Weather permitted, they'll go later into the year than usual. Being from St. Louis, Coach V doesn't think it gets cold here.

I'm guessing he wanted to try to let the Covid stuff work its way through the team and then they could move on to full practices. It seems to have worked if you can't get it again. So many players have been in quarantine and secondary quarantine from all the athletics teams at UT. Hopefully by Oct 1 it will be smoother sailing and guys can focus on ball.

I'm guessing he wanted to try to let the Covid stuff work its way through the team and then they could move on to full practices. It seems to have worked if you can't get it again. So many players have been in quarantine and secondary quarantine from all the athletics teams at UT. Hopefully by Oct 1 it will be smoother sailing and guys can focus on ball.
👍🏻 I agree

I also know they wanted to make sure everyone was fully conditioned before they went hard. More worried about injuries to the guys which happens when they aren’t in proper shape both physically and with the arms. I know they monitored MLB pretty good in what happened early on. Let’s hope it’s a smooth fall. The team is loaded with depth and talent.

I had heard somewhere that since they originally were not going to open the scrimmages that it would be videoed but had not seen anything.

I had heard somewhere that since they originally were not going to open the scrimmages that it would be videoed but had not seen anything.
TV won’t show his hand on video this early, we’ll have to wait until Orange/White day with all these guys. It’s an unusual year!

TV won’t show his hand on video this early, we’ll have to wait until Orange/White day with all these guys. It’s an unusual year!

Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s a football game day, and the occasional Crochet, Senzel sightings are nice, but....gollydangmotherofsausasagewithcheeseontop...I miss college baseball!!!

GBO!!!

Reactions: txbo
Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s a football game day, and the occasional Crochet, Senzel sightings are nice, but....gollydangmotherofsausasagewithcheeseontop...I miss college baseball!!!

GBO!!!
LOL!

It's been a cruel year 66. Drink up.

Reactions: td23
It will be interesting to see what the 2021 schedule will look like..........

Maybe just an SEC schedule?

VN Store

Back