What We've Found Out in the Past 2 Days

Sewaneetigers

Res Ipsa Loquitur
We are deep, we are atheltic, and we can run.

sFreshman galore and each has proved that they can at times be a force.

Tatum blitzkrieged Georgetown in the last 10 minutes of the game and was really the pivotal difference maker when things were clutch. Who red shirted this guy?

Negedu looked very good at times, I think he is defnitely more atheletically gifted than Williams and probably Chism, his elevation on that dunk was impressive, he has shown strength as well. Once he develops he will be a beast. By the end of the year I think he will be a significant contributor.

Hopson has flashed brilliant on several occasions. I think it is clear that we have to get him more shots off picks and screens. We need him to score 12-16 points a game, part of that is him elevating his confidence level and taking more shots. There is more demand on him as expectations are higher, I think he has to have a sharper learning curve than the other freshman because we need him more and he has the most potential.

Woolridge has looked good, he has proved that he can shoot the three ball which is a huge help with Lofton and Smith gone. I think he and Tatum will not be the bomb squad that they were but will hopefully be able to continue to do well beyond the arc. He like Negedu will contribute a lot I think as the season progresses.

Maze, although not a freshman since he is at his first year at Tennessee he is new to us. Why couldn't we have gotten him last year? We would have advanced to the final four, heck we might have won a national championship. Man he is unbelievable. Defense, ball handling, vision, great passer, can get up and down the court like lightning, he is a pretty good shot too. I think he will be the biggest difference from last year. Finally, great play at the point. Just keep Ramar away from him so he doesn't get stoned and play bad basketball.

I know losing Lofton and J. Smith was tough, but I think we are a better team because the above 5 outweigh those two, and the more they play the better they'll be. I liked Duke but he didn't contribute all that much and Ramar and Howell were worthless.

The returning two starters Tyler and Wayne will be a force. Chism needs to stop fouling. But it is clear Tyler did a lot of work on his shot and his touch is better than last year. Tyler has taken a clear leadership role and is doing a great job bringing the younger guys around. At times J.P Prince looks like the best player on the floor, I think he will be great this year if he can stay healthy. Brian Williams has shown flashes of greatness, but still is not the best ball handler or passer, he fouls too much as well. Williams is definitley much improved but I am still on the fence about him bringing his game to the next level. Josh Tabb I think will get quality minutes and contribute but I'm not sure about him he seems to disappear a lot on the court despite playing pretty good defense.

We have already shown that our depth is a strength, we outscored Siena and Georgetown in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Siena especially got tired.

I think by March we are going to be a seriously good basketball team. Especially if our bigs stop fouling and our defense improves. We do a wonderful job of forcing turnovers but we let Georgetown take way too many uncontested perimeter shots and had several easy backdoor points.

Last edited:
i like you post.

i just dont see hopson being at that level yet. to me, right now, he is over rated. i hope he gets better.

We have already shown that our depth is a strength, we outscored Siena and Georgetown in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Siena especially got tired.

Great post, with this as my favorite aspect.

I loved seeing Summers gassed at the line at the end. When he aired that FT, I knew we had 'em. Very glad to see this team with that particular stamp from the CBP workshop.

At the end of the day, we scored 90 points on a team that surrendered 58ppg last year. Given the similarity and scheme and the athletic chasm between the two, this performance against Georgetown makes me think we will blow UK right out of Rupp.

Great post, with this as my favorite aspect.

I loved seeing Summers gassed at the line at the end. When he aired that FT, I knew we had 'em. Very glad to see this team with that particular stamp from the CBP workshop.

At the end of the day, we scored 90 points on a team that surrendered 58ppg last year. Given the similarity and scheme and the athletic chasm between the two, this performance against Georgetown makes me think we will blow UK right out of Rupp.

No one has EVER hung 90 on a Thomspon III Georgetown team - until now :rock:

i like you post.

i just dont see hopson being at that level yet. to me, right now, he is over rated. i hope he gets better.

Overrated? Really? Why is that, because he is playing within the team and not forcing shots. Would you rather have Evans from Memphis who is shooting 15-20 times per game and making 5? or Hopson who is shooting 5-8 times and scoring enough for this team to be successful at the time? He will need to score more once he gets comfortable, and I believe he will. You need to also realize his minutes are not real high because his D is not great. He will improve, he was not an all-american for looks and size. He can play and he will step-up.

Until Hopson starts to play better defense, he won't be on the court much coming down the stretch against good teams. He has played better in the tournament though in my opinion.

Until Hopson starts to play better defense, he won't be on the court much coming down the stretch against good teams. He has played better in the tournament though in my opinion.

He'll improve. There are times when he will score or dunk and sprint down the court screaming and remember and run back to press on D. You just have to get into the habit of it. In highschool he probably just cherry picked on offense and slacked off on D.

We are deep, we are atheltic, and we can run.

sFreshman galore and each has proved that they can at times be a force.

Tatum blitzkrieged Georgetown in the last 10 minutes of the game and was really the pivotal difference maker when things were clutch. Who red shirted this guy?

Was red shirted due to his ankle injury last year.

Knee, but also due to the fact that he had two All SEC players playing in front of him.

Hopson needs to get his mind right. The kid needs to get his emotions in check.

Team is looking fantastic early in the season but imo We still need to find that elusive big man in the middle...But so far they look much more disiplined and in control than last year for sure...Negedu almost left the building on his dunk....Wow...kid has some power in those legs

I think Hopson played a little better D against Georgetown. I think Hopson will be there its just going to take some time. He has to learn to play both ends. I thinking setting there watching the others get more PT helps him learn.

Knee, my bad. He would have played regardless of Lofton and JaJuan though. Pearl had made that clear. Glad we held out though - having him another year (if he is a 4 year player) is great.

Maze is the "solution" to getting us to the final four.

Knee, my bad. He would have played regardless of Lofton and JaJuan though. Pearl had made that clear. Glad we held out though - having him another year (if he is a 4 year player) is great.

It was his ankle. He wore a walking boot for a few weeks. He did orthoscopic on his knee over the summer. He was redshirted because of the ankle injury.

Hopson puts too much arch on his balls for my taste, but hey - if the shots fall thats great

This team is good no doubt in my mind. I still believe if we are going to win out and make a final-four appearance we need to work on foul-trouble and Def.

VN Store

Back