What was the best win in school history in B-ball?

I don't. He had a few things he did well, but often focused on and attempted to do things he did poorly. He would do wonders for this team, but that is as much an indictment to the talent we have now as much as it is a credit to Prince.

I agree he was frustrating as well, but he reminded me of Rondo. He took a lot of things off the table, but he brought a lot of things to the table. Not too mention he was fun as hell to watch.

We'd be 7-3 at worst right now with Bobby running the point. Possibly as good as 9-1.

It's crazy what a point guard can do for your team. Hell, that 2007-2008 team wasn't a national championship contender for that very reason...no point guard play.

It's crazy what a point guard can do for your team. Hell, that 2007-2008 team wasn't a national championship contender for that very reason...no point guard play.

Pearl had good point guard play for one of his last five years. Should it surprise anybody that that was his only team that had a real shot at the Final Four?

I agree he was frustrating as well, but he reminded me of Rondo. He took a lot of things off the table, but he brought a lot of things to the table. Not too mention he was fun as hell to watch.

I think Prince had a love/hate relationship with our fanbase. Few people were indifferent to the guy. I hated his antics, his salute, his hot-dogging, etc. He finally learned to hustle and play defense his senior year. He was a decent rebounder when he wanted to be, and he got a lot of garbage buckets on missed shots.

As for the Rondo comparison, both were terrible shooters in college, and both were pretty good defenders when they decided they wanted to defend.

i don't see how anything is better than us beating Memphis at Memphis to claim our first #1 ranking in school history. that game was just unbelievable.

No question its the win at Memphis when we took number 1 for the first time in school history and at the same time beating our hated cross state rival on there court!

2010 UK @ UT. Personal favorite because it was my first 'big' game' i attended. Plus I took my ex with me who was a UK fan. Had fun doing the JW dance the whole drive home

This was the first basketball game I had ever taken my dad to. Incredible atmosphere... in fact I don't believe anything could live up to that again.

some of my favorites in no particular order...

Florida 06' - I was at the home game and i believe we secured the SEC east by beating them the second time.

Texas 07' - OT win....if yall can't remember, Chris Loften can shoot.

Memphis 08' - we all know why that game was huge.

We had several big wins in 2010 - Kansas #1, Kentucky #2, Ohio State in the sweet sixteen.

I think Prince had a love/hate relationship with our fanbase. Few people were indifferent to the guy. I hated his antics, his salute, his hot-dogging, etc. He finally learned to hustle and play defense his senior year. He was a decent rebounder when he wanted to be, and he got a lot of garbage buckets on missed shots.

As for the Rondo comparison, both were terrible shooters in college, and both were pretty good defenders when they decided they wanted to defend.

I thought he brought confidence to the team. I also thought his hustle issues were overblown.

I thought he brought confidence to the team. I also thought his hustle issues were overblown.

He also had the size to pass over a defense in a way that really opened things up. Reason he always led us in assists.

VN Store

Back