What was post game confrontation between Vitello & Arky Coach?

As others have said it’s over recruiting. Basilio said there was heat over Greer’s recruitment as well as Van Horn being upset about Soularie. He didn’t say the name, but apparently UT has a guy committed from Arkansas that Vitello feels DVH and staff are tampering with.

As others have said it’s over recruiting. Basilio said there was heat over Greer’s recruitment as well as Van Horn being upset about Soularie. He didn’t say the name, but apparently UT has a guy committed from Arkansas that Vitello feels DVH and staff are tampering with.
I wondered if it had to do with Jumper for next year and bad blood from Soularie. I knew he was committed to Arkansas at one time and did the JUCO route to follow TV.

As far as bad blood , go watch Russell’s catch when he runs over the fence, watch the reaction of the players in the bull pen... tells you all u need to know about this rivalry! I know for a fact , Arky was running there mouths all weekend , CF about bat flipped it into our dugout, which I am totally ok with all that but respect your opponents by keeping your mouth shut.... but stand your ground at your place.... you can’t let another team run over you.....karma will catch up with in this game...Arkansas is a great team. But so is Tennesee. The odds of winning the next series is in our favor.... they got several breaks and the ball bounced their way this weekend... it just works out that way some times. Keep playing boys the breaks will fall our way at some point. And I think it happens along the road to Omaha!!! We get there , we will have as good of a shot as anyone. Maybe better with 3 established starters!!!! I firmly believe In this team!!!! Please quit saying , If, with this group, they deserve better from us as fans ! Be a fan and support them and back them and their abilities.

Yeah the Arky CF has a bit too much mustard on the hot dog. If that were the MLB he'd have gotten plunked right in the ribs on the next AB.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I would run through a damn brick wall for our Italian Stallion and I'm not even on the team! I haven't seen a coach on our campus with this fire in him and this energy in YEARS. I think TV wants to be here. We gave him his first chance. He's in the SEC. You can EASILY recruit here. The only question is if we're willing to heavily renovate LNS. I sure hope we do it. It's long overdue regardless of the coach. TV doesn't want just more money for himself. He wants to build a better baseball experience for the fans.

I'm pretty much O-U-T on football, so I couldn't care less about that dumpster fire. Devote resources to the programs that have earned it and give UT fans, the most passionate fanbase in the SEC, something, SOMETHING to be proud of.
If nothing else, I hope they get rid of that crappy rug they call a ball field.

This. It’s generally understood that you can touch base with someone who is committed but just in a “hey if you’re still interested or change your mind call me” type thing. Softball is the same as I have a daughter who is committed to a program and will get a text or email every few weeks that is just a reminder they are still interested should she change her mind but no offers for visits or camps. Much different than football and basketball.

The only question is if we're willing to heavily renovate LNS. I sure hope we do it. It's long overdue regardless of the coach.

LNS was just renovated like 2-3 years ago. The only issue I have now is the field, which was transitioned to turf from grass during the renovation. Now the stadium itself is much better than it was prior to the renovation.

LNS was just renovated like 2-3 years ago. The only issue I have now is the field, which was transitioned to turf from grass during the renovation. Now the stadium itself is much better than it was prior to the renovation.

The stadium is better but it’s not even close to the majority of SEC ballparks. Capacity is what, a few thousand? It was a sellout this weekend and I think the announced attendance I heard was right under 4,000.

We need to extend the 1st and 3rd baseline seating capacity with additional sections and find a way to make it more in line with the top of the SEC if we want to keep TV and continue to recruit well.

How in the world does a coach give out .3 of a scholarship?

Does the board think that the scholarship number might increase in the future from 11.3 to 14 or 15 scholarships for college baseball?

The stadium is better but it’s not even close to the majority of SEC ballparks. Capacity is what, a few thousand? It was a sellout this weekend and I think the announced attendance I heard was right under 4,000.

We need to extend the 1st and 3rd baseline seating capacity with additional sections and find a way to make it more in line with the top of the SEC if we want to keep TV and continue to recruit well.

Perhaps seating can be increased to 6.500 or 7,000 if you extend the first and third baseline seating capacities.

If nothing else, I hope they get rid of that crappy rug they call a ball field.
The rug that’s 2-3 yrs old and allows us to practice and play damn near year round? The LSU series would’ve been a mud-pit if it was even able to be played on Sunday after the rain we got that night. It’s amazing to think that we’re going to be one of a few if not the only team to play a full 56 game schedule this year and Covid aside, some of that can directly be attributed to the “rug”. Practically every program north of TN’s southern border has an artificial field.

I personally think mimicking the 1st base line down 3rd base and potentially extending the “upper deck” while adding a roof would be plenty enough. A capacity in the neighborhood of 5000-6000 would be plenty big IMO and it can likely be done at a “reasonable” price tag and add some aesthetic value. We’re still a long ways from needing a stadium like Alex Box or Baum but need to be on par with the Bama’s, UF’s and UK’s who are all in the 5-7k range with fan friendly layouts. As bad as I want it and hope it happens I don’t see the culture ever being there enough to justify financing a stadium the size of the big boys in the West. That’s a 30-40 yr culture that’s been built.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
As far as bad blood , go watch Russell’s catch when he runs over the fence, watch the reaction of the players in the bull pen... tells you all u need to know about this rivalry! I know for a fact , Arky was running there mouths all weekend , CF about bat flipped it into our dugout, which I am totally ok with all that but respect your opponents by keeping your mouth shut.... but stand your ground at your place.... you can’t let another team run over you.....karma will catch up with in this game...Arkansas is a great team. But so is Tennesee. The odds of winning the next series is in our favor.... they got several breaks and the ball bounced their way this weekend... it just works out that way some times. Keep playing boys the breaks will fall our way at some point. And I think it happens along the road to Omaha!!! We get there , we will have as good of a shot as anyone. Maybe better with 3 established starters!!!! I firmly believe In this team!!!! Please quit saying , If, with this group, they deserve better from us as fans ! Be a fan and support them and back them and their abilities.

Oh LOOK... another TRUE FAN!

The rug that’s 2-3 yrs old and allows us to practice and play damn near year round? The LSU series would’ve been a mud-pit if it was even able to be played on Sunday after the rain we got that night. It’s amazing to think that we’re going to be one of a few if not the only team to play a full 56 game schedule this year and Covid aside, some of that can directly be attributed to the “rug”. Practically every program north of TN’s southern border has an artificial field.
If that's so, why do all the good ballparks (major league and college) have real grass and real dirt instead of plastic? Arkansas's home field is but one example.

You get rid of "the rug" and you will lose recruits. I can promise you the players love the turf. They get to practice and play when others do not and they love the true bounces. Some of you hard core old guys who are all about tradition don't like the turfs but I promise you the young guys love turf. I will bet if you ask all college players 90% of them would choose the new turf over grass year round any day. They grew up playing on turf in travel ball at LakePointe and other major parks so that is what they are used to. Coaches love it because they can play when others cannot.

I feel like CTV is on the brink of building a lasting-dominant program. I love his attitude and his players are definitely feeding off of it. I just hope that we are able to hang on to him a upgrade the facilities. The recruits will start crawling to Knoxville to play for him
Not giving him whatever he wants would be the dumbest thing since hiring Dooley

MLB starts the first week of April, we start the middle of February; amazing what a little heat and sunshine can do to dry things out.

And even MLB parks can't play in the snow (it happens in northern cities after April 1), and for rains, they have state of the art drainage systems that allow them to play right after a downpour or two, which I assume would be too expensive for college grass fields.

MLB starts the first week of April, we start the middle of February; amazing what a little heat and sunshine can do to dry things out.
Yep if we don't have that turf field we would lose (not be able to play) a ton of early season games... necessary evil for winter baseball in Tennessee.

This. And besides, I thought switching to turf was CTV’s idea anyway?

I can confirm this after hearing it straight from CTVs mouth after the Belmont game tonight. He said he felt it was wildly disrespectful on DVHs part with how he handled talking about CTV to recruits/commits.

I can confirm this after hearing it straight from CTVs mouth after the Belmont game tonight. He said he felt it was wildly disrespectful on DVHs part with how he handled talking about CTV to recruits/commits.
He went in to DVH’s Turf and got a dude. DVH then decided to get dirty and slander him and program. Hopefully they meet again in Hoover or Omaha.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back