What type of rational coach would have started Guarantano last year much less this year?

WhenUrVolUrVFL

It’s unreal. It’s so blatantly obvious what you have in Guarantano. Yet Pruitt hitched his wagon to a Bitch Jones guy. And here we are.

Pruitt is going to squander his opportunity as a head coach because of a dump footed QB that makes bad decisions and cannot get out of his own head.

Guarantano needs to get a greyhound out of town ASAP.

He’s done.

He’s not coming back from this.

Recruiting is going to suffer now, and it’s going to be impossible to dig out of this hole that he has dug by starting a bad QB.

Butch Jones took down his successor by having his QB just be completely awful, and this coach didn’t realize his ass is attached to JG.

Anybody but JG would have been better and given us a chance. Now we’re back to being where we’ve been for 10 years when we fired Fulmer.

I’m beyond annoyed.

He starts JG out of pure stubbornness. He just can't be wrong. He can get up there and say he needs to coach better, he gives Tennessee the best chance (a 2 percent chance to beat Alabama isn't a chance to win), and yada yada yada. He's just a cliche machine with a few aww shucks and aight thrown in, reminds me of Nuke Laloosh.

He starts JG out of pure stubbornness. He just can't be wrong. He can get up there and say he needs to coach better, he gives Tennessee the best chance (a 2 percent chance to beat Alabama isn't a chance to win), and yada yada yada. He's just a cliche machine with a few aww shucks and aight thrown in, reminds me of Nuke Laloosh.
That style of football works when you have a GOOD defense. Pruitt wants this team to play Like the 2017 Jaguars, but our defense is awful

He’s done.

He’s not coming back from this.

Recruiting is going to suffer now, and it’s going to be impossible to dig out of this hole that he has dug by starting a bad QB.

Butch Jones took down his successor by having his QB just be completely awful, and this coach didn’t realize his ass is attached to JG.

Anybody but JG would have been better and given us a chance. Now we’re back to being where we’ve been for 10 years when we fired Fulmer.

I’m beyond annoyed.

Yall are obsessed with CBJ..

Its been three years... this disaster aint on him.

That style of football works when you have a GOOD defense. Pruitt wants this team to play Like the 2017 Jaguars, but our defense is awful

I would say that his style of offense only works with a stable of above average to excellent players so you can out talent most. However, it's also an archaic offensive philosophy that, with few exceptions, has been abandoned across collegiate and professional football. Having an "old school hard nosed tough blah blah football coach" sounds good until he starts playing the game like it's 1982.

I’m getting tired of him stating the defense needs to do a better job of stopping the other team on third down and getting off the field. No s**t. He says it every game.

It's getting to the point where I don't enjoy watching football

Ha - I have been taping every UT game since 1998 and fast forwarding through them in 10 minutes max. Oh, and not to mention I have not watched 5 minutes of ANY other college game since 1998. Why do so? So we can watch well coached teams figure out how to win. No chance. College football died in my house decades ago but, I still for some reason give 10 minutes of my time each Fall Saturday to the Vols.

Lost in Wilmington, NC

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
It’s unreal. It’s so blatantly obvious what you have in Guarantano. Yet Pruitt hitched his wagon to a Bitch Jones guy. And here we are.

Pruitt is going to squander his opportunity as a head coach because of a dump footed QB that makes bad decisions and cannot get out of his own head.

Pretty much about 100% of coaches when you look at the other qbs on the team.

I’m getting tired of him stating the defense needs to do a better job of stopping the other team on third down and getting off the field. No s**t. He says it every game.
While i agree our Defense needs improvement, i would like to see the offense give them more time to recover instead of going 3 and out every series.

JG is not going to get us very far. We all know that. But if Pruitt had started HB for the season and we are sitting at 0-5 right now. I think there would be much more uproar. Pruitt knows what kind of quarterback JG is. But if he got on a presser and talked about how bad he was, but we don't have anyone better right now....that's not going to win the team over. I wish it was just as easy as replacing one player and all of our problems are solved. I imagine it is a bit more complicated than that.

Last edited:

He needs to do a better job of calling the game.

The defensive genius has had a running problem for 3 years getting other teams off the field.

Probably the type of coach that wanted to go to a bowl game, as we wouldn’t have won the Mizzou or KY games without JG and probably wouldn’t have beat Miss State. I could have won the BYU game,which JG is responsible for but the defense still could have saved. Even stating that ANY competent QB could have won the BYU game, we would have finished 5-7. JG blows, I hope he’s done at UT, but complaining about last year is revisionist history.

One whose backups are either worse/less prepared

Reactions: sonofUT62

Actually that style of football doesn't even work if you have a great defense in today's college football. I point to Ga. Bama stomped them as well. You have to be able to put up lots of points to win championships. You can beat teams that are not that good like that, but not the good teams.

Reactions: whodeycin85

You need to stop blaming Butch. It isn't Butch's fault that Pruitt doesn't have a QB ready to play in the SEC.

BTW, (and I don't like Butch) Butch's third year team would beat the hell out of Pruitt's third year team and he walked into the same exact situation as Pruitt

VN Store

Back