What the hell is the Governor of Kentucky doing?

Boggles my mind that so many in the electorate favor giving government more power.
I wish there was a way to take the power of the pardon away from Presidents/Governors. They have been badly abused by both parties and have done far more harm than good to our country. I'm sure everyone remembers what Bill Clinton did on his way out the door in 2001. He pardoned a fugitive named Marc Rich who had exiled to Switzerland. That was an atrocity. There was a Tennessee Governor in the 1970's named Ray Blanton who was selling pardons. Haley Barbour in Mississippi pardoned rapists among some 200 pardons he issued on his way out the door. The judicial system should run it's course without the intervention of politicians.

Ray Blanton was selling pardons.... that was a much worse situation than this.

You sure bout that? This basically looks the same except this is overt.

"In one case, Bevin pardoned a man convicted of homicide. That man's family raised more than $20,000 at a political fundraiser to help Bevin pay off a debt owed from his 2015 gubernatorial campaign."

"In one case, Bevin pardoned a man convicted of homicide. That man's family raised more than $20,000 at a political fundraiser to help Bevin pay off a debt owed from his 2015 gubernatorial campaign."
Yep. That looks pretty darn bad. Good lord. LOL.

Yep. That looks pretty darn bad. Good lord. LOL.
I watched that Sissy Spacek movie recently, but cannot remember. Did Blanton pardon killers and rapists?

Edit: I got caught up in the bait headline. It basically is 4 felonious cases.

Last edited:
This needs to be held accountable with proper summary.
I watched that Sissy Spacek movie recently, but cannot remember. Did Blanton pardon killers and rapists?
I believe most of the criminals that Blanton had pardoned were of the white collar variety. There were some violent offenders in there as well, not sure about murderers though. Incidentally, that movie was "Marie" and it was based on parole-board chairwoman Marie Ragghianti who was fired after refusing to release some of the felons that Blanton had pardoned. That movie also marked the start of Fred Dalton Thompson's acting career. He played himself and did such a good job with it, that he started to get flooded with offers from studios for roles. Morgan Freeman and Jeff Daniels were also in it.

Yikes.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I believe most of the criminals that Blanton had pardoned were of the white collar variety. There were some violent offenders in there as well, not sure about murderers though. Incidentally, that movie was "Marie" and it was based on parole-board chairwoman Marie Ragghianti who was fired after refusing to release some of the felons that Blanton had pardoned. That movie also marked the start of Fred Dalton Thompson's acting career. He played himself and did such a good job with it, that he started to get flooded with offers from studios for roles. Morgan Freeman and Jeff Daniels were also in it.

Was Jodie Foster in it?

Reactions: BowlBrother85

Edit: I got caught up in the bait headline. It basically is 4 felonious cases.
Blanton released like 20 murderers. Was going to release more. But the state if people remember swore in Lamar Alexander early to get Blanton out before he could pardon more

Blanton released like 20 murderers. Was going to release more. But the state if people remember swore in Lamar Alexander early to get Blanton out before he could pardon more

I did not realize that even though I was alive at the time and saw the movie a couple of times. Guess I just forgot.

VN Store

Back