What recruits start in 07

WR's and QB's just have to be on the same page and this will come from hrs of 7 vs. 7 in the summer and fall practices...

As for the question of players going both ways I have a hard time getting the memory of Carl Pickens out of my head.

It might be hard for Vinson to start if he doesnt make it grade wise and I heard from some very good people that hes going to have a hard time...

when is the last time a true freshman started at WR at UT???? Remember, UT runs that complicated offense and it has been a long time since a true freshman has played as a wide out. Meach was redshirted.

Meach was on a medical redshirt he hurt his knee during practice. Tennessee is known as WR U. That's why frosh dont start here. This year will be an exception though because the recruits will probly come in playing better than the Austin Rogers and Lucas Taylors or the world.

Kelley Washington?

thats true...however you can't really call him a true freshman because he was 20-something when he came in after playing minor league baseball for awhile. fulmer said that physical talent can overcome lack of knowledge from on offensive standpoint, which is why i wont be suprised when he gets all these freshman speedsters into the offense one way or another.

Kenny O'Neal HAS to start. I would say probably starting with Slick Shelley, although, you have to give some serious consideration to Gerald Jones and Brent Vinson. Austin Rogers and Lucas Taylor scare the **** out of me every time they touch the ball, so I hope we don't start one of those two. Also, Eric Berry is almost a definite to start at CB, if he stays healthy. Lets not forget about Chris Donald who may start a few and Nevin McKenzie.

Kenny O'Neal HAS to start. I would say probably starting with Slick Shelley, although, you have to give some serious consideration to Gerald Jones and Brent Vinson. Austin Rogers and Lucas Taylor scare the **** out of me every time they touch the ball, so I hope we don't start one of those two. Also, Eric Berry is almost a definite to start at CB, if he stays healthy. Lets not forget about Chris Donald who may start a few and Nevin McKenzie.

Ummm, you left out our best returning WR. Hancock will start at one WR spot.

Slick Shelley never plays, so how in the hell do you think he is going to start next year? Austin Rogers and Lucas Taylor have actually played in their 2 seasons on The Hill.

I think last year we saw a growing trend toward playing talented freshman earlier, therefore I think were going to see a lot the new guys on the field this year. As talented as some of these guya are, were only going to have some of them around for 3 years anyway.

Slick Shelley never plays, so how in the hell do you think he is going to start next year? Austin Rogers and Lucas Taylor have actually played in their 2 seasons on The Hill.

No need to get pissy dude. What I'm saying is Shelley SHOULD start. I believe he has way more talent than Rogers and Taylor, just didn't get a chance to prove it last year. Rogers and Taylor are going nowhere fast, so if they get anymore quality playing time, it's gonna be this year, because there's no way they start over Kenny O'Neal, Gerald Jones, Brent Vinson, Ahmad Paige, and so on.

No need to get pissy dude. What I'm saying is Shelley SHOULD start. I believe he has way more talent than Rogers and Taylor, just didn't get a chance to prove it last year. Rogers and Taylor are going nowhere fast, so if they get anymore quality playing time, it's gonna be this year, because there's no way they start over Kenny O'Neal, Gerald Jones, Brent Vinson, Ahmad Paige, and so on.

The only game Rogers got alot of playing time at WR he had 5 catches for 69 yards. How can you say he's going nowhere fast? He had mono this year and did not play after the Marshall game. Shelley can't stay healthy. 2 years in the program and he has never seen the field.

i don't see how you can make an argument that shelley should start. unless he makes some huge, as in ginormous, improvement over the summer, i don't see him playing much

From what I've heard about Shelly's performance in practice, there might be 5 or 6 receivers above him on the depth chart.

1. O'Neal
2. Hancock
3. Briscoe
4. Vinson
5. Gerald Jones
6. Ahmad Paige

Not to mention Lucas Taylor and possibly Austin Rodgers (honestly I don't think these two will see the field though).

One of the new guys at one of our 3 WR spots (I don't think we'll start a FB). So either O'Neil, Jones or Vinson.

Also one of those guys returning kicks (hopefully), maybe even Berry but I'd rather not risk it. We need him on the island with no injuries.

Berry at corner. McKenzie at SS.

With 3 guys coming in who can run a 4.2 40 and are ranked as high as they are... we've GOT to get them on the field. We need exposive playmakers - the recruiting services say we got 'em, now lets use 'em.

VN Store

Back